Union Square

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stopped in to see what was left in the less than 200k range. one unit. damn people ate this project up. i couldnt wait till june...i bought another house, i would imagine that by this time in 2 years some units will be turning up for sale...taxs breaks running out and people realizing that 700sq is pretty small.

went thru the models and they look very nice, but that 700sq one looks very cramped...

We've got steel in the air folks....at Union Square :P I guess the penthouses are 100% a go:

It's hard for me to get excited about this project anymore, because it's actually happening, along with all the other potential projects that would dwarf Union Square. Guess all of this development happening at one time is starting to spoil me. This is a nice problem to have. :D

stopped in to see what was left in the less than 200k range. one unit. damn people ate this project up. i couldnt wait till june...i bought another house, i would imagine that by this time in 2 years some units will be turning up for sale...taxs breaks running out and people realizing that 700sq is pretty small.

went thru the models and they look very nice, but that 700sq one looks very cramped...

Keep in mind the tax breaks on income tax last til 2011, and the property tax breaks have been extended until 2019.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like you ought to be able to choose, given the difference in the models, but I'm not sure. A friend of mine out in Ada got a mass mailing advertising Union Square yesterday. Maybe sales of the penthouses are sluggish? I haven't been over there in a month or so. I think our new neighborhood could use a great breakfast place. Anybody want to do that with me? You'd have to be the one with the capital of course. :D

Seems like you ought to be able to choose, given the difference in the models, but I'm not sure. A friend of mine out in Ada got a mass mailing advertising Union Square yesterday. Maybe sales of the penthouses are sluggish? I haven't been over there in a month or so. I think our new neighborhood could use a great breakfast place. Anybody want to do that with me? You'd have to be the one with the capital of course. :D

:rofl: Of course. Hey aren't there some good breakfast places along Stocking or Alpine in that area? Does the Kopper Top serve breakfast? It seems like I remember a few :huh:

The wife and I are definitely considering Union Square, presently. Tax situation is appealing, and though we can't get exactly the kind of condo we're looking for, Union Square definitely possesses the "cool" factor. It would be nice to be closer to downtown (for walkabouts and pop-ins at Bar Divani, etc etc) and I'm a bit concerned about what kind of restaurant/bar might go in there (my concern: there better be one). Brad has been helpful and responsive, showing us around twice now -- once at night with a flashlight in the upper stories. We're just kind of on the fence, waiting for the one element to push us firmly one way or another.

My two cents...

The wife and I are definitely considering Union Square, presently. Tax situation is appealing, and though we can't get exactly the kind of condo we're looking for, Union Square definitely possesses the "cool" factor. It would be nice to be closer to downtown (for walkabouts and pop-ins at Bar Divani, etc etc) and I'm a bit concerned about what kind of restaurant/bar might go in there (my concern: there better be one). Brad has been helpful and responsive, showing us around twice now -- once at night with a flashlight in the upper stories. We're just kind of on the fence, waiting for the one element to push us firmly one way or another.

My two cents...

Welcome to the forum!

Did you happen catch how many and what type of units are still available?

Thanks, GaryP! Glad we found the forum (actually, I found it a couple years back due to a bumper sticker in the men's room at Bilbo's on the WMU campus, which I hear is moving/has moved).

I'm not entirely sure what's left, especially after their Sunday open house, but we're keeping close watch on their website (www.unionsquaregr.com). They're doing a good job keeping it updated with what's sold and floorplans for the ones that are still open. I would say we're 90% sure of putting down the deposit, though we want to take the holidays to mull it over.

:rofl: Of course. Hey aren't there some good breakfast places along Stocking or Alpine in that area? Does the Kopper Top serve breakfast? It seems like I remember a few :huh:

Isnt new beginnings near that area? that place has THEE BEST breakfast. maybe its farther north, but its been a while since ive been there

also are they planning on leaving the school signage on the building? not that its bad, but its kinda odd, but in a good way I suppose :P

Isnt new beginnings near that area? that place has THEE BEST breakfast. maybe its farther north, but its been a while since ive been there

also are they planning on leaving the school signage on the building? not that its bad, but its kinda odd, but in a good way I suppose :P

Maggies is supposed to have excellent breakfast, if you like Mexican food first thing in the morning! :P

Ooohh....Ooohh I know, I know!!!! But much like designcritic I probably should say either. You can't pass gas in this town and not have a few people know about it.

Nitro

If all you guys know about it, how far could he be from announcing it? Or did you work with him on it? Hopefully 3Dad's right and we'll here something before New Year.

Ooohh....Ooohh I know, I know!!!! But much like designcritic I probably should say either. You can't pass gas in this town and not have a few people know about it.

Nitro

Geez, i can't believe there's two people on this board who knows when only a handful of us are supposed to know. I guess i missed the wink wink nudge nudge when it was told to keep it top secret!

Archived