Union Square

Why would anybody in their right mind even consider putting down a deposit on this future disaster. My God people wake up, look at the location, look at the highway at arms length distance, listen to the traffic, look at the high association fees .35 per foot that aren't even set in stone yet and the fact your paying for a pool. What kind of residents are going to be in a 80,000.oo condo project? Probably the kind of people I would not want to live with in such a tight living space. I can see the future lawsuits between frustrated residents and high rising association fees when Jon Rooks and his Cristian Reformed Church DUTCH possy either raise it cause their greedy dutch or sell it to somebody else who raises it. WOW, but their tax free right? LOL! The high association fee makes the no property taxes thing not such a gain. You can right off poperty taxes, but not association fees. I hope Rooks has proper ventilation for the smoke in the proposed bar in the old gym. I would hate smelling smoke while I look and hear the trucks passing by. I just bought unit 302 in LandMark Loft with a riverview balcony and .20 per foot association fee, oh and I pay property taxes and I love it. I would stay away from the Mochs and Rooks. Another good condo is the Forslund buildiing. Remember people LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't tell anti-crc...are you more opposed to the condominiums or the Christian Reformed Church? And heaven forbid that persons of Dutch decent be allowed to live downtown too...

Well, I'd say selling a development project is a lot like art; it's only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it. Evidently, there are plenty of people who like this one.

In the words of one future resident, "Never in my dreams did I think that a project of this caliber would come to Grand Rapids in my lifetime."

A bummer for you, maybe, but a win for the rest of us.

I can't tell anti-crc...are you more opposed to the condominiums or the Christian Reformed Church? And heaven forbid that persons of Dutch decent be allowed to live downtown too...

Well, I'd say a development project is a lot like art; it's only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it. Evidently, there are plenty of people who like this one.

In the words of one future resident, "Never in my dreams did I think that a project of this caliber would come to Grand Rapids in my lifetime."

A bummer for you, maybe, but a win for the rest of us.

Landmark Lofts, on the corner of six st. bridge and monroe. UnionSquare on the corner of Iraq and Hell, nice art and better yet nice sales technique, work of art wahahahahahaha

Landmark Lofts, on the corner of six st. bridge and monroe. UnionSquare on the corner of Iraq and Hell, nice art and better yet nice sales technique, work of art wahahahahahaha

You're right. Union should remain vacant. The only people who would enjoy the corner of Iraq and Hell are Dutch vagrants and arsonists anyway.

What the hell just happened? I ask a question, and some dupe with no Engrish or speelling skillz comes on and flames the forum.

Yah, anyone with "anti-anything" in their username is probably a great person to be around :huh: I think they put plywood on during construction of the interiors by code, to keep construction debris from falling on passers by.

What the hell just happened? I ask a question, and some dupe with no Engrish or speelling skillz comes on and flames the forum.

In the thier first 2 posts ever no less..

Yeah, i'd guess the plywood is b/c they're doing work inside, or ripped the old windows out to replace them with the newer style. But what do i know.. i'm dutch... grew up CRC... and lived over in Iraq at American Seating Park... :rofl:

In the thier first 2 posts ever no less..

Yeah, i'd guess the plywood is b/c they're doing work inside, or ripped the old windows out to replace them with the newer style. But what do i know.. i'm dutch... grew up CRC... and lived over in Iraq at American Seating Park... :rofl:

Yah, PBJ. Watch out for those roadside bombs :w00t:

Yah, PBJ. Watch out for those roadside bombs :w00t:

I know he was just trolling for a fight..

However, to his point, yes the Westside isn't anything like Monroe and 6th, but they're working on it. Bridge has a couple new things going in right there by Montes as far as a 24 hour Resturaunt, and a store (from what i've heard).... The housing along Broadway is getting better, there is a few rental/multi-units close to Bridge that have been fixed up at least on the outside. As we've talked about in other threads, it takes all kinds of DIFFERENT people to make a viable neighborhood, and I think Union Square is bringing just that. Once people start moving in, they'll start taking a vested interest in the neighborhood, and it'll start turning around.

As to the smoke from the bar... I think there's a bar in a apartment complex someplace.. maybe on Monroe someplace.... it doesn't seem to cause a problem.. :whistling:

Waterworks inside Bridgewater is the bar in question. I had friends that lived there and I never noticed smoke coming from the bar.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, i've got friends there too, and I've never noticed it either, even the bar itself isn't bad compared to others in the area... And it's Boardwalk, not Bridgewater :D

I am fairly new here but this bigot really has got me worked up. As a person who is 100% dutch and a proud life long member of the CRC I am sick of jerks like this spewing their hatred and getting away with it. Whatever it was that made you so "anti-crc" get over it. Life is too short to be walking around with that huge chip on your shoulder!

I just read an article, and because of my age, I can't recall where :P but it was an interview with the owner of either Monte's or O'Tooles, who said that he envisions the Stockbridge area being the new equivalent of "Wicker Park" or "Bucktown" in Chicago, and he is working hard with the neighborhood association to make it happen. When he said that, it totally clicked that I too remember when those areas were pretty downtrodden, and are now pretty cool neighborhoods (albeit expensive now). That's the kind of vision and optimism we need around here :)

This Partier seems to like the Stockbridge area :P

I just read an article, and because of my age, I can't recall where but it was an interview with the owner of either Monte's or O'Tooles, who said that he envisions the Stockbridge area being the new equivalent of "Wicker Park" or "Bucktown" in Chicago, and he is working hard with the neighborhood association to make it happen. When he said that, it totally clicked that I too remember when those areas were pretty downtrodden, and are now pretty cool neighborhoods (albeit expensive now). That's the kind of vision and optimism we need around here

This Partier seems to like the Stockbridge area :P

Lol... don't look to hard, you'll see plenty of me "enjoying" myself at the local bars. :thumbsup:

I know they are trying to do stuff in that area, but there has been a lot of resistance from local residents, espcially dealing with night life in the area. I know they want to open a bar between Montes and O'tooles however they've caught some grief from the tenants above the antique shop. I think that whole area has huge potential. I loved living over there..

It'd be nice if you could find that article too old guy :D

Lol... don't look to hard, you'll see plenty of me "enjoying" myself at the local bars. :thumbsup:

I know they are trying to do stuff in that area, but there has been a lot of resistance from local residents, espcially dealing with night life in the area. I know they want to open a bar between Montes and O'tooles however they've caught some grief from the tenants above the antique shop. I think that whole area has huge potential. I loved living over there..

It'd be nice if you could find that article too old guy :D

Hold on! I gotta find my reading glasses. I think it was in this past Sunday's press, but it's not on their on-line version..

We just put our 3% down payment down, so, no backing out now!

We also have submitted our floor plan changes as of last week (changed some walls, shrunk a hallway, added some room in the closets and bathrooms).

For those that care :)

That dude that cant spell sucks. Landmark lofts are like $300g's, + there in a snoozer neighborhood. (I lived at boardwalk)

At Union Squre, you get a hot hot spot for half the price.

The west side is gonna be the new hotness!

We just put our 3% down payment down, so, no backing out now!

We also have submitted our floor plan changes as of last week (changed some walls, shrunk a hallway, added some room in the closets and bathrooms).

For those that care :)

That dude that cant spell sucks. Landmark lofts are like $300g's, + there in a snoozer neighborhood. (I lived at boardwalk)

At Union Squre, you get a hot hot spot for half the price.

The west side is gonna be the new hotness!

I was going to say that earlier, Mikey and I actually had an IM discussion about it. How can you compare 300k+ condos with 140k+ Condos... And yeah, you can walk pretty much anywhere from there (I've done it a million times)..

I like the location, sure you don't see the river, but you're closer. And when I toured there, I didn't even hear cars on the highway. Congrats on the new place, which type (size/bedroom) did you pick?

Archived