Union Square

Could be. But my guess is that keeping everything electric is easier and cheaper for the developer. :shades:

Yes, it is cheaper for the developer...but typically it is a code issue. Venting for dryers. Also would have to put separate gas meters on each unit. Easier (and cheaper) to piggy on the electrical service.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it is cheaper for the developer...but typically it is a code issue. Venting for dryers. Also would have to put separate gas meters on each unit. Easier (and cheaper) to piggy on the electrical service.

Welcome intovb! Good info. Make yourself at home. :thumbsup:

What about putting a sock over the vent? I've had several people suggest that to me since I told them about the ventless requirements.

What about putting a sock over the vent? I've had several people suggest that to me since I told them about the ventless requirements.

They make special vents for this that work much better than a sock. The sock is also a pretty big fire hazzard. You can't use them with gas dryers and they tend to let off some lint but overall they work pretty well. The majority of the lint gets trapped in the water. It also gives you free heat. See the link for what I am talking about. They even sell them at home depot. http://www.improvementscatalog.com/home/im...Dryer-Vent.html

They make special vents for this that work much better than a sock. The sock is also a pretty big fire hazzard. You can't use them with gas dryers and they tend to let off some lint but overall they work pretty well. The majority of the lint gets trapped in the water. It also gives you free heat. See the link for what I am talking about. They even sell them at home depot. http://www.improvementscatalog.com/home/im...Dryer-Vent.html

I'll check into that. My father in-law works in heating/cooling, so I respect his opinion on these matters. Just not looking forward to plonking down all that dough for the ventless.

I'll check into that. My father in-law works in heating/cooling, so I respect his opinion on these matters. Just not looking forward to plonking down all that dough for the ventless.
Please do charonman. I'd appreciate the professional opinion.

I would guess venting inside would create a ton of humidity. Megahumidity. I'm thinking rain forest, here!

Maybe the fogged up windows could work as a window treatment (since none are included). :D

204952zz.jpg

And it's beautiful to look at too!

Howdy all,

I just bought one of the condos at Union Square and I'm looking forward to moving in. Nice to meet y'all!

Welcome...I bought #209 the week before Christmas. I am still waiting to finalize the cost for the changes that I made to my floor plan. I am getting anxious to start choosing my colors, fixtures etc. My move-in date is in Sept. or Oct. Even though I would like to move in ASAP, I am glad that this is 8 months away as I need to sell my house.

I am definitely looking forward to meeting my new neighbors.

Welcome...I bought #209 the week before Christmas. I am still waiting to finalize the cost for the changes that I made to my floor plan. I am getting anxious to start choosing my colors, fixtures etc. My move-in date is in Sept. or Oct. Even though I would like to move in ASAP, I am glad that this is 8 months away as I need to sell my house.

We're in the same boat (unit 241). Planning on putting our house up for grabs next month. We figured August for move-in. Have you heard of any delays for 2nd floor?

We're in the same boat (unit 241). Planning on putting our house up for grabs next month. We figured August for move-in. Have you heard of any delays for 2nd floor?

No, I haven't heard about any delays, but my condo will be located where the office is currently located. Bradley said they want to keep the office as long as Pioneer Construction will allow, so I expect that my condo will be one of the last to be finished on the second floor.

I looked at 241 when I made my selection. That space should be very dramatic when it is finished. I love the windows.

I'm up on the 4th floor - 406. I plan to put my house on the market in March or April. Some work to do around the place first, but the market's in the toilet right now, so I want plenty of time to sell. I'm pretty excited about moving... no more yard work!

I need to do some work on my house also. It's a tough call as to when to put it on the market. I want to allow plenty of time for it to sell, but I also need to have plans in place if it sells quicker than I expect. I am planning on having quite a bit of stress over the next 8 months. That way I won't be surprised when things don't go smoothly.

Welcome mdlgrmi! Depends on your price range and location, but you may want to plan on at least 6 months. Don't price your house high hoping to get offers (or plan to lower the price later on) to get around the price you want. "Price it to sell" in this market. It will be a lot less stressful. ;) Plus, someone who liked your house previously but thought it was too expensive and didn't make an offer, will have bought a different house by the time you lower your price.

Hope that makes sense?

Loved 209, that is sort of where the showroom is now, isn't it? Or is it the offices? What changes are you contemplating to the layout?

Loved 209, that is sort of where the showroom is now, isn't it? Or is it the offices? What changes are you contemplating to the layout?

Unit 209 is where the offices are currently located. It was originally designed as a two bedroom with a study in the living/dining area. I am eliminating the study in the living area and will be using the second bedroom as a study. The kitchen area will be moved to the old study area. This will open up the living/dining area and will allow me to add a built in pantry. I have also added a raised counter to the kitchen island to hide the sink. I will also be adding four old school doors and a metal sliding door on the master bedroom closet. I just received the pricing today. The credit for removing the study will cover the addition of the pantry and the modification to the island. I am planning on approving my requested changes.

Unit 209 is where the offices are currently located. It was originally designed as a two bedroom with a study in the living/dining area. I am eliminating the study in the living area and will be using the second bedroom as a study. The kitchen area will be moved to the old study area. This will open up the living/dining area and will allow me to add a built in pantry. I have also added a raised counter to the kitchen island to hide the sink. I will also be adding four old school doors and a metal sliding door on the master bedroom closet. I just received the pricing today. The credit for removing the study will cover the addition of the pantry and the modification to the island. I am planning on approving my requested changes.

Man, we submitted our changes to our floorplan, and our shower choices back in october. We still havent recieved the pricing for them yet. :(

I guess it's because we are on the first floor.

209 - Sounds terrific. It will a beautiful spot, particularly if they do some landscaping under the highway. :)

I think they've changed the order they of completion; it was supposed to be 4,3,2,1 but now it's 2,3,4,1. :(

Are you serious?!! We're on the 4th floor and hoping for completion in June

Archived