River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grooters might have looked at a lot of different combinations, but Riverhouse will be all 34 floors of Residentials.

For the height in question, it will be the tallest 100% residential building in the midwest outside of Chicago, Detroit and Minn. There are many mixed used or commerial buildings that are taller, but not many that are just used for Residential.

Detroit is in Michigan. I thought this was going to be the tallest all residential in Michigan?

I'm not concern with tallness compared to other Midwestern cities. If Detroit has taller buildings, its rightfully so because its a bigger city and way bigger metro area than GR. I'm just going to enjoy the new tallest building in the city and hope that River House will soon be surpassed as GR's tallest by an even bigger and taller building.

I'm not concern with tallness compared to other Midwestern cities. If Detroit has taller buildings, its rightfully so because its a bigger city and way bigger metro area than GR. I'm just going to enjoy the new tallest building in the city and hope that River House will soon be surpassed as GR's tallest by an even bigger and taller building.

well said.

Grooters decided the best option was to build a luxury condominium complex.

Sorry. I was mistaken in my last post. It is going to be all residential. The article mention the mixed use option. I can't believe they have already sold 125 units just from a rendering. That's amazing. I can't wait to see it!

I drove past the construction site today. I like how close the new tower sits next to the road. They are also progressing quite nicely. It looked they were getting ready to pour columns for the third floor. The second floor is partially poured although it looks like these floors have a rather complex layout. It's starting to creep skyward. Unfortunately, my camera was out of batteries. :(

Joe

EDIT: Thanks Sparky. You posted images while I was typing my message.

Just curious, how many people were made aware by the project manager/sales team that you don't own your 2 parking spaces before u gave them your 6k nonrefundable deposit. Several people were not told this before hand and really felt misled. After I met with the sales team for about an hour they bragged about the 2 parking spaces and made no mention that they're only leased and were eager for a check and signatures. This parking lease is another 190.oo per month in top of your association dues. Sounds like the dues and the parking payments is going to be another Plaza Towers nightmare huge monthly cost. That's to bad

Just curious, how many people were made aware by the project manager/sales team that you don't own your 2 parking spaces before u gave them your 6k nonrefundable deposit. Several people were not told this before hand and really felt misled. After I met with the sales team for about an hour they bragged about the 2 parking spaces and made no mention that they're only leased and were eager for a check and signatures. This parking lease is another 190.oo per month in top of your association dues. Sounds like the dues and the parking payments is going to be another Plaza Towers nightmare huge monthly cost. That's to bad

The parking was explained to me after I made my reservation but prior to my purchase agreement. At the time of my reservation I believe they were still in talks with the owner of the parking ramp (he/she is a different entity than the owners of Riverhouse and Bridgewater Tower 1).

Hey, somebody want to give the River House marketing people a skyline shot of Grand Rapids instead of some other random city to use in their latest online newsletter where they are touting downtown living? :lol: You'd think they'd want to show a picture of the city where River House is being built. Also, I'm glad to see our "Courtyard Marriott" was recently completed. I think they need to do a little better research of the town they are selling living in...

Riverhouse - Newsletter

Hey, somebody want to give the River House marketing people a skyline shot of Grand Rapids instead of some other random city to use in their latest online newsletter where they are touting downtown living? :lol: You'd think they'd want to show a picture of the city where River House is being built. Also, I'm glad to see our "Courtyard Marriott" was recently completed. I think they need to do a little better research of the town they are selling living in...

Riverhouse - Newsletter

That is brutal!!!!

Riverhouse - Newsletter

They recently hired a new marketing person.

Seems like them (riverhouse, not the new marketing person) has their head on backwards.

Riverhouse - Newsletter

What skyline shot? It seems to not be there now.

But this bad punctuation is:

At 250 feet the crane is

only half it's full height!

[apostrophe nazi]

Riverhouse - Newsletter

OMG. That's about the funniest thing I've ever seen. Actually, that picture is Dayton. And even if they meant to say "JW Marriott", it's still not complete yet as they claim.

Also, you never say in the marketing newsletter that the "existing housing market is soft". :rofl:

What a cluster.

I can just imagine asking the salesperson "So, is there a GAP or a Crate & Barrel downtown?". "Why yes, they're on the corner of Wabash and Milwaukee Streets, just over the Calumet River".

Archived