River House Condominiums

GRCentro

wow some great infor in that newsletter. 50 of the 57 caissons are done. the building will start going vertical in January, and most impressive was their commitment to pour concrete 24 hours a day six days out of the week. Next year should be fun to watch!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow some great infor in that newsletter. 50 of the 57 caissons are done. the building will start going vertical in January, and most impressive was their commitment to pour concrete 24 hours a day six days out of the week. Next year should be fun to watch!

I can't wait! I wish the crane was on site right now. :D How cool has it been to witness a major turning point in Grand Rapids' history these past few years?...I guess that statement will be more relavant once Riverhouse is visibly rising. It's great!

Ooooh I can't wait to see River House rise! :D

• 2 weeks later...

So when is that crane supposed to go in?

309680907_4924f55806_b.jpg

Back of the pit:

309682273_5e17cb79d3_b.jpg

Front of the pit:

309681826_da843317f9_b.jpg

Pouring some foundation concrete:

309681182_1ebbeccb29_b.jpg

Some detail on the front corner where a lot of concrete is in place:

309680722_1c7224d086_b.jpg

Won't be long and they'll be at street level. And there's only one way to go from there...

Wow! Nice update sparky! Is that really a crane section? And if so, could you make out a crane location in all that mud?

I honestly don't know if it is or not. It has that tower crane look to it, what with the ladder going up in the middle, so it's clearly a section of something, but whether or not it's a crane, I have no idea. And as for a foundation - well, you're seeing what I saw in those pictures. Look at the large versions; I'd say your guess is as good as mine...

I'm kind of hoping that someone on UP has an inside track on this project and can clue us in to whether or not we're seeing anything of significance here.

Tower crane foundation will be going in at the Southwest corner of the site (maybe even as I type this). Crane will rise in January.

Yup! the tower will be placed on the Southwestern corner of the building. Here are some pictures that I was given today:

316719157_4282273f6e_o.jpg

Here is an aerial shot taken this past Fall

316720387_68c6a991ee_b.jpg

This aerial picture will be posted on the Riverhouse website in the near future. http://www.grriverhouse.com

The "pit" is busy with construction crews working on grade beams and more dirt removal. They have started a second crew and both are working 10 hour days. Pretty soon, they will be pouring cement. I have heard when they do pour (probably at night, when there is less traffic) there will be a continual line of cement trucks along Michigan Street to feed the site.

Hmmm. So I guess that concrete pad in the southwest corner was the crane foundation after all..

So I suppose at this point it's safe to assume that the tower crane section-looking thing laying along michigan is in fact part of a tower crane. Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing that thing head upward.

Hmmm. So I guess that concrete pad in the southwest corner was the crane foundation after all..

So I suppose at this point it's safe to assume that the tower crane section-looking thing laying along michigan is in fact part of a tower crane. Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing that thing head upward.

I'm having a hard time figuring out where this crane will go in relation to the building itself. It doesn't look like the crane goes up an elevator shaft. And based on this rendering, the tower doesn't go all the way back to the existing parking deck, so it would put the crane somewhere in this area.

317089333_8807dfa54c_o.jpg

(lower right)

316625879_89c7ec9da8.jpg

Another thought I had is maybe it will go where the balconies of the Southwest unit will go?

Geo, maybe you could dig up some more details from the Riverhouse crew. :thumbsup:

I will try and get more information the next time I visit :thumbsup:

But I think you need to move your "square" more to the south. From how things are looking I am guessing the crane will be on the SW corner along the exterior of the building connecting to the "patio" area of the Pere Marquette unit. In the construction photos, it appears to be more in the middle, but also at this time, there is 1-1.5 lanes closed on Michigan street. So take away the bobcat and barrier in the picture and it would make it look more like the foundation is in the corner. I could be wrong though... I am a lot of the time :rofl:

I think you're right Geo, especially when I see the crane foundation under construction in sparky's photo. It would appear as though it runs right up through the SW patios. Do you know if the patios will be concrete or steel?

309680722_1c7224d086_b.jpg

I'm going to guess right here:

317099252_e889451cf0_o.jpg

It is cool that as the Marriott winds down, this will be going up. And the Children's Hospital should be going vertical probably by next Summer or Fall stretching through the end of the decade. :shades: I wonder if there will be 1 or 2 tower cranes on VAI PII?

Archived