Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

I think the Lake Mary TOD and Crescent Central will all at least, what, 500-600 residents adjacent to the station?  Add in The Ivy at FH South (which is about 3-4 blocks walking distance from the Sunrail platform) and you've got another 250+ units.  I think these new residents will add good ridership numbers to the system.  I'm also wondering if the Magic games and Winter Park Spring Arts Festival will add substantial numbers as well.  They need to increase operating hours.

I think the Lake Mary TOD and Crescent Central will all at least, what, 500-600 residents adjacent to the station?  Add in The Ivy at FH South (which is about 3-4 blocks walking distance from the Sunrail platform) and you've got another 250+ units.  I think these new residents will add good ridership numbers to the system.  I'm also wondering if the Magic games and Winter Park Spring Arts Festival will add substantial numbers as well.  They need to increase operating hours.

Between all the development and the beginning of the I-4 project, I hope SunRail gets a big boost.

If it doesn't, then people are truly unable to be helped.

However, I'm sure there are tons of people like myself who would love to ride it, but can't because it doesn't go from where I'm coming from and it doesn't go to where I'm going.

Will SunRail ever go where I go?  Likely not in the next 30 years.  Unless it proves wildly popular and suddenly E/W spurs pop up all over the place.  OR I both move and change jobs.

• Like 1

they need to keep building more TOD.  the more they build, the more the numbers.

Also, they really need to get creative with Maitland Center and the station in Maitland.  They need to focus heavily on a link from the station to the heart of the center and consistent shuttle busses can do it I think with stops at each of the major buildings.  But without that no-one will bother using it with regularity.

Also, I'm not yet sold on the Debary location.  If it was on Saxon I would be sold.  But its on the edge of West Volusia; kind of like where the Poinciana station is slated to go in Phase II.  Anyway, people still use it heavily.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about Maitland Center at all if I was SunRail or the city. Instead focus energy on encouraging residential and office development around the downtown and the station. Maitland Center and surrounding office parks "dug their own graves" as far as auto centric planning and logistically, any sort of meaningful mass transit connection would be a boondoggle.

The answer is employer shuttles but again let the peppery managers or employers come up with it once the demand is there. No reason for incentives.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Those are not the renderings that zom is building. That picture is the old prerecession condo proposal.

The building that will get built is not as tall, and has a baldwin park, almost coastal-looking appearance.

Oops, sorry, got a little excited. Was looking at something old that was planned for the same location under the same name...?

This is the real one, mentioned in today's OBJ:

baldwin-harbor*600xx1575-1050-247-0.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone notice the FH Women's hospital lately?  This thing has almost reached the height of the Ginzberg Tower sans elevator shaft.  I think one more level will do it.  This thing's huge.  sorry, no photo.

It's probably taller than the new bed tower at ORHS and is the second tallest building at the FH South Complex thus far.

• 4 weeks later...
Out of Luxe — developer trims back plans for Mount Vernon Inn site

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/1233/article/p2p-82014579/

The NIMBYs march south from Maitland to Winter Park! Of course, I shouldn't say anything - I'm still in mourning about the loss of the Red Fox Lounge (Scott Joseph, however, reports, is taking the show over to Rocco's just up the street).

If you highlight the headline and google it, it becomes free.

Sidenote, anyone go by Joe Kittinger park last night? They hoisted the fighter plane in place. Looks like its taking off from the executive airport and over the 408. Looks sharp.

Yes, I ran past it yesterday morning when they were setting it up.  It will certainly help people remember there is a park there. The plane looks huge, I don't know what its history is.