Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

18 hours ago, Alleri459 said:

Long Post:

Not sure if this would be the appropriate thread, but it is all in the Attractions Corridor. 

A few nights ago on my way home I took a detour and drove around the corridor after noticing the large number of housing and apartment buildings/complexes completed and under construction. It’s pretty impressive, the number of units all these projects will add for a submarket. These below are within the City of Orlando. (Please excuse the the poor quality and lighting in some of these photos, I took these on my phone at night, and I’m posting on my phone m) I will start from the northernmost site and head south. 

Bainbridge The Grande - wedge parcel bordered by Major Blvd, Caravan Ct and Grand National Dr.  5-story wrapped around parking deck.

~ 300-350 units (based on similar scale projects)

IMG_6877.thumb.jpeg.2dfd4844dc3645a9a27e138e93f54de3.jpeg

Major Blvd looking west towards Grand National Drive

IMG_6916.thumb.jpeg.67ac2825983af2278710bb1177156795.jpeg

Liviano Grand National - Large parcel framed by Oak Ridge Rd and out parcels to the north,  Adriana Ave to the west, Altamira Dr to the south and International Drive storefronts to the east. South of the Outlets.

Three 4-story buildings with parking garage and 7-story Townplace Suites by Marriott property. 

~ 300-325 units (based on similar-scale projects). 

IMG_6879.thumb.jpeg.87c0ce290363c0ae8fcc9a9e080e6b6f.jpeg
Grand Palm Dr looking south

IMG_6880.thumb.jpeg.8b0de29519a9cedc99765797a8d532b3.jpeg

Overlook Ct looking east towards Townplace property.

IMG_6915.thumb.jpeg.f9126b2cb9841c89ecd53958d27b9d00.jpeg

Deseo Grande - retro-fitted southern portion of Dezerland Park(Festival Bay Mall) parking lot. 2 phase: phase 1 completed, phase 2 under construction. 5-story wrapped around parking structure.

365 units (Phase 1)

~365 units (Phase 2 estimation). 730 total.

IMG_6882.thumb.jpeg.336723b6aa8872b63c1fffb19f07ecd7.jpeg
Phase 1 completed.

IMG_6883.thumb.jpeg.c613218a9cb4cd74f4d992c1a7ccb495.jpeg
Looking south, phase 1 on the right, phase 2 under construction on the left.

IMG_6914.thumb.jpeg.042fed2dc92ab16cddd646c0ebfd8ca1.jpeg

Triton Cay - Carrier Dr and Lakehurst Drive(where the proposed roundabout will be). This has been completed for some time now. 4-story wrapped around parking structure.

346 units.

IMG_6886.thumb.jpeg.d01d7b3cd23a1f4fad8a1e74e6d36127.jpeg
Carrier Dr and Lakehurst Dr (future roundabout)

IMG_6917.thumb.jpeg.9078094100ad87a6545edf2c7a4d21d6.jpeg

*The parcel directly south (Esh Orlando LLC on the map) was fenced and cleared. Likely additional multi family housing since this developer has proposed other multi family housing developments in Metro Orlando.*

*EDIT: The parcel to the south is the second phase of this development, permitted under 'Silver Hill Phase 2" with The City for a total of 511 units, or and additional 165 units. 

Bainbridge Universal Sand Lake (under constitution) - SE corner of Carrier Dr and Universal Blvd. Likely 5-story wrapped around parking deck (based on 5-story elevator shafts).

~ 300-350 units (based on similar scale projects)

IMG_6893.thumb.jpeg.b250100b092750f9f68c6e8ec4f61f6c.jpeg

Looking south from The Pointe Hotel parking lot.

IMG_6888.thumb.jpeg.79228a6aba10a27614cfa72abee2a24d.jpeg
Carrier Dr at the Universal Blvd intersection (stopped at a red light).

IMG_6918.thumb.jpeg.1c83606a4c598a0160a813da5ccf2018.jpeg

Legacy Universal - SW Corner of Carrier Dr and Universal Blvd intersection. This has been completed for sometime now. 

350 units.

IMG_6891.thumb.jpeg.cbc2a4d304c67b82b951d53a2e7beda0.jpeg
Looking east on Carrier Dr, Legacy West to the right. 

IMG_6919.thumb.jpeg.49eddaca8c15b900dbd2e12aac323d6e.jpeg

I’ll keep this post just for the City of Orlando portion of the Attractions Corridor/North I-Drive since south I-Drive has about the same, or more, number of developments underway and completed. I will be on the look out for more. These are a pretty big deal considering this area severely lacked housing. This area will see up to ~2,500 units total come on the market and within the City. This also doesn’t count the recently completed and under construction properties in Dr Phillips/Turkey Lake Rd.

phenomenal post and update!

I love how most all of those projects converted defunct parking lots/plazas.  those are great "turnaround" projects ala infill. very exciting because they seal these gaps in development down there and densify the area with residents that can spend money locally and help keep some of these venues open even when tourism slows down.

keep 'em comin!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, orlandocity87 said:

Awesome update! Excited to see some updated aerials of Orlando with these projects. I think Google and Bing satellite views are still in 2021/2022 for the most part. 

those apartment infill projects near the Premium Outlets off of Oakridge...wow what a change.  no more grass weed lot for overflow parking. now, that tract is almost fully developed.  New hotel(s) there too.  And the Artegon/ Deezerland apartment building "reclaiming" part of the surface lot which is unused...wow...fantastic densification on an unused parking lot section- soon to be two.  I am very excited about that because there is nothing worse than going to a place, exiting, and gazing at an empty parking lot.  I hate that; that feeling of desolation.  It sucks.  Now it's so much better...

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

those apartment infill projects near the Premium Outlets off of Oakridge...wow what a change.  no more grass weed lot for overflow parking. now, that tract is almost fully developed.  New hotel(s) there too.  And the Artegon/ Deezerland apartment building "reclaiming" part of the surface lot which is unused...wow...fantastic densification on an unused parking lot section- soon to be two.  I am very excited about that because there is nothing worse than going to a place, exiting, and gazing at an empty parking lot.  I hate that; that feeling of desolation.  It sucks.  Now it's so much better...

Yes! Such great examples of densifying suburban environments and redevelopment. Despite how busy our tourism corridor can be, there are still many underutilized/abandoned lots/parking littered throughout. These serve as examples to other areas of town and even other cities. It seems the City and County have stopped waiting on large hotel and tourism developers and likely allowed the conversion to residential. Or if residential developers came at the city and county begging with plans in place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alleri459 said:

Yes! Such great examples of densifying suburban environments and redevelopment. Despite how busy our tourism corridor can be, there are still many underutilized/abandoned lots/parking littered throughout. These serve as examples to other areas of town and even other cities. It seems the City and County have stopped waiting on large hotel and tourism developers and likely allowed the conversion to residential. Or if residential developers came at the city and county begging with plans in place. 

they did talk of a plan to get more residential in the I-Drive corridor.  It's a great idea with good results thus far.  what a change.  the Bainbridge project off Major Blvd for example...wow...

• 2 weeks later...

So what is slated for this year across the parks on the Orlando/Tampa area.

Universal Orlando: New Parade, Dreamworks Land, New Nighttime lagoon show and new Hogwarts show.

Walt Disney World: Tiana Bayou Adventure, new festival center at Epcot, drone show at Disney Springs, updated Country Bears, updated Little Mermaid Show at DHS and new clips for Star Tours.

SeaWorld: Penguin Trek family launch coaster.

Busch Gardens: Suspended family coaster.

Legoland: Ferrari Experience and a new Sea Life aquarium.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by ragerunner
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ragerunner said:

Universal Orlando: New Parade, Dreamworks Land, New Nighttime lagoon show and new Hogwarts show.

Walt Disney World: Tiana Bayou Adventure, new festival center at Epcot, drone show at Disney Springs, updated Country Bears, updated Little Mermaid Show at DHS and new clips for Star Tours.

Did I miss anything?

Penguin Trek should be open before 4th of July

Phoenix Rising should be this summer, it seemed to lag Penguin Trek, but it went up way way faster than it.  Also unlike Penguin Trek, Phoenix Rising's ride building is outdoors so maybe it won't need as much time to get finished.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ragerunner said:

Did I miss anything?

Merlin is back on with The Orlando Eye...not sure about any specific promotions related to their re-marriage.