Norfolk Hilton Project

rusthebuss

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Kill it! :stop: Now that's what I call being bamboozled! Why doesn't the city just build it themselves and take all the revenue? I knew from the start this Johnson guy was a swindler. I hate seeing Norfolk being taken advantage of. This is really getting me upset! :angry:

At one point we are told that there's other interests in building more hotel space downtown. Now we're told that we are not worthy of a four star hotel without subsidies. If there is no market here for this thing, don't build it. We need a viable project, not a status symbol. There are better status symbols than hotels, such as iconic libraries or spectacular parks--something that really serves a public purpose. Pull the plug on these robbers now or the public will surely show their outrage.

The link is dead, but i'm bored at work and reading old posts, lol.

Cost UP TO 25 million....two years later, will cost over $49.7 million for the CC alone :dunno: morons

I also like rus predicting the Hilton will be 45 stories or more, and ace betting the Hilton will cost less than $50 - 70 million, lol

So it looks as though the hotel conference center has been approved at $25 million :)

"The City Council spent more than an hour discussing an arena, a proposed conference center and a concert hall. The conference center, which could cost up to $25 million, was the only facility to garner a commitment from the council."

"The council also plans to use some of the revenues to build a conference center that would be tied to a Hilton Hotel that Washington billionaire Robert L. Johnson has proposed building.

The conference center would have a 25,000-square foot ballroom

Archived