Norfolk Hilton Project

rusthebuss

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew there was nothing good in here. <_< I, personally, have totally lost interest in this project. If it happens it happens, but i'm not holding my breath.

The fact that the city has to cough up $65 mill also upsets me. I would rather them keep that money in reserve in case the state fails to come up with its portion for light rail (highly plausible).

At least one of the Republican sponsored transportation bills wants Nova and HR to tax themselves for traffic relief.

I don't think this proposed legislation has anything to do with Norfolk's light rail plans. Hopefully, funds for that are in some other proposed legislation.

From bad to worse: <_<

This development will give us a 235 room, 16 story hotel, 50,000 square foot executive conference facility and a 600 car parking garage for a total investment of $115 million dollars. A more formal announcement will be made in the near future.

Let's be proactive and start hounding the city with emails and petitions before it allows a jerk to build an atrocious building that will be a scar on the face of the city forever. :angry: It probably wouldn't accomplish anything, but it would be a way to vent your anger.

I just looked at the Hilton rendering, and I counted 16 floors of hotel above the conference center. I know it's a long shot but maybe Fraim was just talking about the hotel space?

I mean $115 million is a huge sum for a 16-story building. There's gotta be more to it than that. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that fortunately in this case (unfortunately in most others) that the renderings posted in the initiaves

packets are the most up to date. That being the case, it looks as though the Hilton may be around 20 or 21 floors. Hopefully this is the case.

Archived