Music City Center, 1.2 million sq. ft., $623 million

nashvol85

Here is the story on the re-bookings. Sucks that SBC won't be back until 2019. Their meeting was scheduled for June 2013, but they were afraid that the April 2013 opening deadline wouldn't be made. However, the Trucker convention is/was scheduled for March 2013, but in the story it says they haven't canceled even though Spyridon says they have. The other booking by the Barbeque... was also scheduled for March 2013, and they did cancel.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120113/BUSINESS01/301130068/Music-City-Center-loses-least-2-conventions

Good news is the American Animal Hospital Association has booked for 2014. This story says the reason for SBC was because the Omni hotel won't be ready until 2014. I forgot about the hotel. Also, the story says that the March 2013 Truckers meeting pulled out because of the uncertainty of the April 2013 completion? A little confused on that reasoning, but anyways... Oh, the story also says the NC&VB hopes to relocate the trucker meeting to somewhere else in Nashville. Anyways, good news for the MCC. Future looks bright!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120119/BUSINESS01/301190031/Music-City-Center-enjoys-booking-binge

Just for clarification purposes Trucking and Hearth Patio did not cancel, they were told by the City that the MCC would not be ready so Nashville actually cancelled them. These groups wanted to be here and have future dates booked. They are not happy that they cannot come. I think it is important to understand the difference and am not trying to be argumentative.

I just have to say that this thing looks AMAZING!! I'm so proud of Nashville for really being adventureous with the design. I was in town over the holidays and it was WAY more imposing than I had anticipated. I can't wait to see the finished product! I've been away for awhile and haven't gotten a chance to say that yet. Hopefully this post wasn't too disappointing to the people seeing the 'new post' tag on the thread and expecting some useful information. haha :)

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120202/NEWS0202/302020040/Tourism-taxes-give-Nashville-enough-money-keep-Music-City-Center-budget?odyssey=tab{sodEmoji.|}topnews{sodEmoji.|}text{sodEmoji.|}FRONTPAGE

This is great to see. I am still hoping that Metro's appeal of Tower's property will win and the MCC will be even further under budget.

Producer2- any inside info on future bookings? I know we are currently just under 600k room nights, but totaling over 1MM would be fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Wow imagine that! Thank you!!

Music City Center considers solar panels

Consultant will explore options for solar panels

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120309/NEWS0202/303090066/Music-City-Center-considers-solar-panels?odyssey=tab{sodEmoji.|}topnews{sodEmoji.|}text{sodEmoji.|}News

According to the PDF document on this page, the only area of the roof designated for solar panels is the roof of the ballroom.

http://www.nashvillemusiccitycenter.com/about/solarpanels.asp

That huge undulating roof looks primed for solar panels on the southerly facing waves. Definitely a good thing, and will look great on the city to have something like this. Wonder what the expected power output of this could be on a sunny summer day.

HAHA!! Welcome back! We here at UP Nashville like to do what most developers don't, re-use!

Yeah...no real sense in starting a new thread.

My old name got banned a while back...probably 5 years ago. Now I just come by to lurk from time to time.

Yup. And about another 18 months to go!

Hard to believe it's finally coming through as reality. The scale of the project is remarkable. I really never thought it would get this big.

In hindsight, I like this location better than The Gulch or my original proposal on West End...primarily because it can work in tandem with Bridgestone Arena,which will help lure and/or keep higher profile sporting events to locate here, such as the SEC basketball tourney (Men's and Women's), NHL All Star Game, Men's basketball Sweet 16 (maybe), Women's Final Four, etc.

I can see it being a big benefit for Fan Fare (or whatever they are referring to it nowadays).

I'm a bit wary of the costs involved in the project, but I do think that in some form or another, it will be a very useful building for years to come. If not, we just built the most expensive parking garage on the planet. :lol:

I'm hoping that its completion coincides with an uptick in the economy...I think SoBro is ripe for large scale development, and with this huge anchor, we could see a nice bit of urban connection between Downtown, SoBro, Rutledge & Rolling Mill Hills, and The Gulch. Broadway would finally be in the middle of Downtown! ^_^

Sorry for the longish rant. I'll go back to lurking.

You dont have to lurk for sure. There have been a few moderation changes since those days and Monsoon/ metroboi/ metroM is no longer involved. I think he banned over half of the forum at one time or another. LOL

You are always welcome

Yeah...that guy was a real Supermod, wasn't he? :lol:

I've bounced around and lurked a bit of the skyscraper/development/urban forums. In the last year, I've become a little more interested, though. The economy has been a real bummer as of late...but it looks like there are a lot of positive signs out there for things to really start to get moving soon.

I went to one of the forum meets waaaaaay back...I can't remember much, other than we walked around quite a bit. Fun conversation, though. I'd like to do that again sometime soon. When I start talking about my visions for where I want to see this city go, most of my friends and family's eyes glaze over. :(