The Village at Sandhill

StevenRocks

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is already a Publix on Hardscrabble, and then one on Two Notch which isnt that far away from that area, so it would've been too many publixes(publii?) in only a 3 mile area......oh well, at least it wasnt a Piggly Wiggly or Food Lion eww....this is my opinion of grocery stores here in Columbia from Best to Worst:

Publix

Kroger

Bi-Lo

Piggly Wiggly

Food Lion

IGA

(I did not include Wal-mart for many reasons)

I really wish Harris Teeter was still here :(

Seems like HT would've been doing much better now in 2006 than it did 5-10 years ago, lets see if it returns now that Publix has most of the upper class grocery customers in Cola.....

There is already a Publix on Hardscrabble, and then one on Two Notch which isnt that far away from that area, so it would've been too many publixes(publii?) in only a 3 mile area......oh well, at least it wasnt a Piggly Wiggly or Food Lion eww....this is my opinion of grocery stores here in Columbia from Best to Worst:

Publix

Kroger

Bi-Lo

Piggly Wiggly

Food Lion

IGA

(I did not include Wal-mart for many reasons)

I really wish Harris Teeter was still here :(

Seems like HT would've been doing much better now in 2006 than it did 5-10 years ago, lets see if it returns now that Publix has most of the upper class grocery customers in Cola.....

Are there IGA's in Columbia? I agree with you about excluding Walmart, they are a scourge, IMO. I would have put the Fresh Market at the top, though, and I'd put the pig a notch above Bilo. The other choices are good.

That guy just doesn't get it. "The Joe", as the stadium is nicknamed in Chas, is beautifully located downtown looking over the Ashley River. It has tremendous natural assets as well as being centrally located for residents all over the metro area, making it convenient to attend games. The Chas equivalent of what Richland County might do is building the Riverdog's stadium in Summerville!

That guy just doesn't get it. "The Joe", as the stadium is nicknamed in Chas, is beautifully located downtown looking over the Ashley River. It has tremendous natural assets as well as being centrally located for residents all over the metro area, making it convenient to attend games. The Chas equivalent of what Richland County might do is building the Riverdog's stadium in Summerville!

That's right. You should go to the Richland County website and email the council members that exact quote. They're expected to discuss it at this weekend's retreat and Kit Smith -- who would likely express the same views -- won't be there.

The former Rhodes Furniture (also the one on Harbison) is becoming a Rooms To Go!!! It's about time Columbia gets RTG! HOORAY! :yahoo:

Excitement over rooms to go? I'll take Storehouse anyday of the week and, btw, Columbia has the only Storehouse in the state and I believe they are to be opening a second location soon. RTG used to have an outlet in Columbia on Garners Ferry Road, btw.

Archived