The Village at Sandhill

StevenRocks

No offense, but IMO levi's suck.......they have no sense of change in their style whatsoever, and they dont compliment your shape at all......and they fade very easily
None taken. Levi's is usally a little behind the style curve, but they work for me. Of course, I don't like low-rise, fitted models, which is what I surmise you're into because most of the premium denim jeans are cut like that.

I tried a pair of Levi's Skinners one time and I looked ridiculous. The rise was too low, the leg was too tight, and it flared out like my then-girlfriend's jeans. Not for me at all. :lol:

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a variety of jeans. My favorite pair, and the one that I usually get the most compliments on, are a pair of faded, grey Arizona jeans that I've had since my freshman year of college ('98). But the fitted look isn't my style when it comes to jeans, so baggy suits me just fine.

IMO, no offense to anyone........Arizona, Levi's, Lee, and Wranglers have to be the worst jeans ever..........for low to middle price range jeans that are actually worth buying I think are Gap, Old Navy, Abercrombie, Hollister, Express.........now if for some reason you decide to splurge over $100 maybe even over $200 on jeans.....i would recommend True Religion, Rock & Republic, D&G, French Connection, Diesel, J & Company, A/X, Guess, and 7jeans.......

IMO, no offense to anyone........Arizona, Levi's, Lee, and Wranglers have to be the worst jeans ever..........for low to middle price range jeans that are actually worth buying I think are Gap, Old Navy, Abercrombie, Hollister, Express.........now if for some reason you decide to splurge over $100 maybe even over $200 on jeans.....i would recommend True Religion, Rock & Republic, D&G, French Connection, Diesel, J & Company, A/X, Guess, and 7jeans.......
Nah, I've never had any luck with any of those brands you suggested except for Gap. Old Navy, Abercrombie, Hollister and Express use inferior denim, I think. It wears away realy quickly, especially at the seams. They're only worth it on sale.

Since we are discussing jeans, my favorite non expensive brand is express, boot cut :D and to add I'm 23 :blush: But on topic I would really like to see the Village get a Miyo's, an Express, an Aldo, and an H & M! :thumbsup:

If we get an Aldo in SC its gonna go to Charleston first.....and H&M would open in ATL or Charlotte before it comes here.....but it would be nice though......as far as a Diesel....keep dreaming tablrock lol

To add to the jean craze here, I must say that we shouldn't be so quick to put down Levi's. Levi's were probably the first manufacturer of jeans being that they started manufacturing denim in 1879. The high end designers of today (ie D&G, Diesel, Seven, etc.) had to rely on a predecessor to make their current style of jean to be sought after by today's jean lover.

Now back to the subject:

I really want VAS to scratch the arrival of Belk for a totally different dept. store in Columbia. I can't think of what they should bring, but I really think Columbia has enough Belk's scattered around.

To add to the jean craze here, I must say that we shouldn't be so quick to put down Levi's. Levi's were probably the first manufacturer of jeans being that they started manufacturing denim in 1879. The high end designers of today (ie D&G, Diesel, Seven, etc.) had to rely on a predecessor to make their current style of jean to be sought after by today's jean lover.

Now back to the subject:

I really want VAS to scratch the arrival of Belk for a totally different dept. store in Columbia. I can't think of what they should bring, but I really think Columbia has enough Belk's scattered around.

Levi's WAS* popular.....its not as big as it used to be...one of the main reason why alot of people still where them is because it is so well known and some people dont like change, and dont pay attention to trends changing, and are stuck in their ways......its the middle age generation that still wears them....how many 15-25 year olds do you know that wear levi's??? anyways......

Yeah columbia has way too many Belks....lets get something new for a change sheesh!

...I really want VAS to scratch the arrival of Belk for a totally different dept. store in Columbia. I can't think of what they should bring, but I really think Columbia has enough Belk's scattered around.

Sorry man, I'm going to diagree. My wife and I like shopping at Belk's, but the closest one to the NE area is a 20-25 minute drive to Richland Hills. And it's an old one. I think Belk's should definitely be added to Sandhills or moved from Richland to the old JCPenney at Cola Place (after demolishing the old building and placing a new one in its place).

The other big cities in SC have at least 3 stores in their metro areas, so Cola getting a new one in Sandhills makes sense. With LA Fitness moving into the top floor of the Belks at Richland, I wonder if that Belks will stay much longer...I could see them closing the store completely in lieu of the Sandhills one opening.

Archived