Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

Pretty random question but that's what this thread is for. I did a great job of getting into an accident yesterday. Knocked my fender off. The cop helped me rip it completely free and I drove home last night. Prayed that a less cool cop would not pull me over. My car looked busted and I was out in Huntersville. Made it. Phew. My car is now at Wilburn Auto Body on Mint St. They came highly reccomended from those I checked with. And they are on State Farm's list. Has anyone had experience dealing with them? Dropped my maimed baby off this AM and it all went very smoothly. Enteprise delivered a Ford Edge for me to drive around in. I hate SUV's so this is a weird feeling. It's so suburban. I feel like a soccer mom. I have had prior dents and scratches on the impacted part of my car for years. One positive note will be getting it back completely smooth. Scary though. I have never been able to go very long without dinging my cars :scared:

^ That's a tough question to answer...I have a gnawing urge to decorate this rental which I am going to resist. It's not a very curable addiction to those into this mania. The sides and back of the car were not affected. It's taken a lot of time to cover all that space :lol: The important thing is that nobody was hurt in the accident. I do miss my car already though. I guess this thing is not that large relative to most suvs but it feels like a tractor trailer to me, after driving a Civic for so long.

Edited by voyager12

:rofl: You're a nut! I'll help you do some temporary decor -- we can plastic wrap the back window then sticker it!

Really though -- glad you weren't hurt. Sounds like the genuine fender bender. I had to drive a family members ford truck the other day to get some landscape stuff and felt like I was taking up the whole road, so i understand.

As for Wilburn -- they've been around as long as I can remember - i'd feel safe working with them.

I've heard good things about Wilburn too, plus that's a brand new shop, should be running very smoothly.

Stay away from B&R body shop though!!! They maimed my Nissan almost worse than the accident. After an extremely unpleasant (for them) and unfriendly conversation in front of their other customers in their lobby, they took it back and fixed it properly a week later. Upon picking it up, I looked underneath and noticed immediately (empty screw holes!) they had missed 5 very important screws on the bottom of my front bumper which I pointed out and was told wasn't a big deal. I took pics with my blackberry and threatened to call the insurance company and have them reported to the BBB and magically someone was promptly installing the missing screws.

I hate hate HATE threatening stupid stuff like calling the BBB, but I mean, just freaking fix it right the first time, its what you got paid $thousands to do.

Pretty random question but that's what this thread is for. I did a great job of getting into an accident yesterday. Knocked my fender off. The cop helped me rip it completely free and I drove home last night.

First off, I'm glad it sounds like no one was hurt in your accident!

Second, you didn't have a bunch of stickers that could have held the fender on after the wreck? lol

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone seen the new hbo series Eastbound and Down? its pretty hilarious, stars Danny McBride and has occasional appearances by Will Ferrel. Anyway it is set in Shelby and that is mentioned often (particularly in Ferrel's Schaffer BMW dealership commercials), but is filmed mostly in and around Wilmington. but being that the location is brought up a lot, i wonder if Charlotte might get a mention or an episode filmed here.

I voted 50 times to try to get Dilworth up to 1%, this thing is rigged. How does Starmount get more votes than uptown, dilworth, elizabeth. Maybe they are thinking the wrong kind of hood, LOL.

Willie is roaming the streets of Charlotte again. I was surprised to see him wandering around Presby last week. Last night he was back on his old turf along East Blvd. A cop happened to be nearby. They all keep an eye on him because he can get out of control when too drunk. The cop told me Willie had been clean for months, hence his dissapearance from the streets but recently relapsed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, someone had told me the owner of the Bobcats had bought it. Clears that up.

The easy way to find out is to use Mecklenburg County's free Polaris System, public record is amazing these days. You can find the information on parcels by zooming in or searching the streets, and then in turn take the parcel number, and go to the meck tax real estate lookup and plug in that parcel number.

edit: oops i didn't see grodney already posted this

Edited by DigitalSky