Creston Neighborhood

arcturus

On 8/17/2023 at 8:50 PM, sudoclam said:

Offf! Parking looks like it will be a premium. Only about 30 spots on-site.

That area is awash in available parking.  The only parking crisis in Creston is that they need to find more people to park there.

Also they have 15 minute frequency transit to downtown & Meijer.

On 8/18/2023 at 8:56 AM, ctpgr34 said:

They tagged "Quickwater Coffee Roasters" in the post.

Excellent!  There briefly was a coffee shop in Creston Brewery, but that's gone.  Lucy's down the road has extremely limited hours.   Creston has been a coffee desert for years.

20230724_172640.jpg

20230727_170453.jpg

• Like 1

Some signs of life for the "River North" apartment development on Monroe:

The project is going before the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority tomorrow. The report submitted to the city still lists "Fall 2023" as the projected start date for the first phase.

There are also some updated renderings here: Resolution approving and recommending a Brownfield Plan Amendment for the RiverNorth Redevelopment Project located at 1340 Monroe Avenue NW - Grand Rapids, Michigan (iqm2.com)

Edited by RiversideGR
fixed spelling error because I'm a dummy
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2023 at 1:02 PM, whitemice said:

That area is awash in available parking.  The only parking crisis in Creston is that they need to find more people to park there.

Also they have 15 minute frequency transit to downtown & Meijer.

Excellent!  There briefly was a coffee shop in Creston Brewery, but that's gone.  Lucy's down the road has extremely limited hours.   Creston has been a coffee desert for years.

20230724_172640.jpg

20230727_170453.jpg

I understand that. Hence why I said premium. 30 spots on site will warrant a premium on top of rent.

On 8/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, RiversideGR said:

anyone have intel on what is happening at this building at Coit and Dale? The windows are boarded up like they are being replaced and there have been crews working inside...
image.png.6afd82c1b62e1748fc6af3c024a1d34e.png

Parcel mapper has it owned by Houston Moyer or Moyer Development, who happens to be co-owner of Bostwick Bakery....so fingers crossed....a bakery!?!? Would do WELL there I think.

It's the old Millers Ice Cream shop as much as I remember from growing up around there.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, RiversideGR said:

I refuse to get excited again given how long we have been waiting, but it looks like they are working on the kitchen system for 616 Kabob Stop again (old Subway across from Kingma's). 

image.png.e08a63636d14a11fa8aef05dce7ada3a.png

LOL, I think at some point they decided to wait until the road construction was done.  My guess is October, hopefully 2023:)

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 5:22 PM, grandrollerz said:

Parcel mapper has it owned by Houston Moyer or Moyer Development, who happens to be co-owner of Bostwick Bakery....so fingers crossed....a bakery!?!? Would do WELL there I think.

It's the old Millers Ice Cream shop as much as I remember from growing up around there.

they filed permits for a kitchen remodel. Whatever it is, I will just be happy to see that building in use again.

Edited by RiversideGR
forgot a word
  • Like 1

The Choo Choo Grill property is for sale....it would be sad to see it go because it is kind of a neighborhood staple....

anyone know if that building would be historically protected or if the property could potentially be fully redeveloped?

Choo Choo Grill for sale as owners head for retirement | Crain's Grand Rapids Business (crainsgrandrapids.com)

36 minutes ago, RiversideGR said:

The Choo Choo Grill property is for sale....it would be sad to see it go because it is kind of a neighborhood staple....

anyone know if that building would be historically protected or if the property could potentially be fully redeveloped?

Choo Choo Grill for sale as owners head for retirement | Crain's Grand Rapids Business (crainsgrandrapids.com)

If they do redevelop the land, I hope they save the building (even if it’s moved). 

Joe

On 9/6/2023 at 3:16 PM, RiversideGR said:

i just found the listing and it's being sold with the adjoining property as well. asking $1.5 mil
1209 Plainfield Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505 - MLS 23031018 - Coldwell Banker (coldwellbankerhomes.com)
image.thumb.png.4587b62d3cb9d267612798219d987fd2.png

Vito is an interesting cat… will be curious to see how this listing goes.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ctpgr34 said:

It is the far end of the Creston neighborhood, but I thought this was best place for this. It looks like a Kum & Go is being built here.  It's been an eyesore for quite some time, so I am all for it!

They have free tire air pumps. They are officially my favorite gas station for that alone.

• Like 2

I was driving down Plainfield this morning and noticed a couple of things. 

First was at the location that at Page and Plainfield that has been a revolving door of pizza places. I noticed this food truck parked there and also saw what looks like some fresh work done to the pavement. I know i've seen this truck before but I can't remembe which one it is....wondering if they are just parking it there or if this is a hint of something to come...,

image.png.a3187706e1490f382c17254244d5b1d6.png

Also saw this new Barber Shop at the corner of Julia and Plainfield

image.thumb.png.e16ceefdf7aeda200d35ec913021d6c6.png