Creston Neighborhood

arcturus

9 hours ago, StreetcarGR said:

181 units (mostly studios and 1 bedrooms)

That's excellent;  love to see density begin to move east.  

181 units is a parking requirement of 272 spaces; at 80 (70% reduction) spaces that is a going to be a helluva parking waiver.

This could really help with the revitalization of east Leonard, specially the CLAC (College, Leonard, & Carrier) business district.

Edited by whitemice
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/4/2023 at 9:19 AM, RiversideGR said:

Reno for the wine/flower shop near sweet and plainfield is in full swing 

6C70793D-C93B-4F2E-B06F-5E5FB2C868C7.jpeg

Drove past this place and they have taken down the plywood and you see the new windows/overhead door. It is looking pretty nice, looks like they still have some cosmetic work like exterior paint to get it all cleaned up but the masonry looks to be repaired.

• Like 4

The "inclusive co-working community space and studio" at Ann an Plainfield is not going to happen. I had my doubts when I saw that they were trying to use a Gofundme to start the business, but they just made a long post on Facebook stating that they would not be opening in that location. 

This is a hard post to make. Please bear with me. It may get lengthy. This last week I made the big and hard decision to shut down the current location of #whiteravenstudio.
From the beginning it seemed I was cursed. My partner asked for a separation a week after I signed the lease. But quickly found out after I signed my lease that the building did not have an occupancy permit. That the building permit had been sitting from the owner on his old building plans and he still had 3 codes compliance's he had to take care. But instead he left the building sit for years to continue to rot away more. I come in and we have to update all the plans since his old plans were not completed. So now it has been in the city's planning since beginning of December. It is stuck on parking. There is not enough parking for the updated occupancy load. But there is a city amendment being voted on 4/9.
Along with so many other issues like black mold and asbestos. No boiler inspection anytime in this decade, maintenance problems galore. He also likes to gaslight me, often. I am apparently as of my last email sitting around not doing enough. So at the end of that email he gave me 3 options.
- be more proactive.
- pay rent in an unoccupiable building (which he has already received $8K in rent and $3500 in a security deposit)
- or cancel the lease.
So I am going to take his third and cancel the lease per his request. I do not foresee him being any better as we get to an open status. I am out almost 2/3 rds my income for the last 7 months, been sick multiple times from the mold and asbestos while working on the space, and am now paying on a business loan with nothing to show beside half a remodeled building I'm walking away from. Will be out by Friday.
I had such huge hopes and love for this space and community in #crestonneighborhood.
#whiteravengr is not be going away for good just resetting the business plan and looking for a new location. We will be a smaller foot print then the original plan. But still focusing on #community and #coworking, #cocreating. See you on the flip side and next update.

It's a prime spot for Creston...I would love to see it put to good use.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 1:09 PM, RiversideGR said:

It's a prime spot for Creston...I would love to see it put to good use.

A rare case when I am sad to see the "building" (which is actually several buildings) all have different ownership.  The site is underutilized and the entire strip feels under maintained.

Screenshot from 2024-04-16 10-12-40.png

Here are the details for the residential building that has been mentioned next to Sun Title:

A five-story mixed-use building of residential and retail is proposed. 181 units are proposed – 86 studios of around 400 sq. ft., 91 one-bedrooms ranging from approximately 520 sq. ft to 650 sq. ft., and 4 twobedrooms of approximately 900 sq. ft. All units will be Type A or B accessible. The majority of units will have a balcony or porch. Additional amenities include a 4th floor lounge with city views, gym access at the existing Sun Title offices, and other recreation opportunities within the courtyard. Sustainability features include solar panels, heat pumps, and electric-only utilities. The retail space will be approximately 622 sq. ft. and located off of Leonard Street. While a tenant is still being determined, proposed uses will follow those allowed in the TN-TBA (Traditional Neighborhood – Traditional Business Area).

They are looking for a parking exemption (230 spaces required, they want to have 78). Parking would be located on the existing sun title parking lot. 56 bike spaces.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 4.34.36 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 4.34.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 4.35.01 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 4.35.13 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 4.35.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 4.35.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 4.35.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 4.36.20 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That is a pretty sexy building, I like how there are so many windows since the view should be pretty nice from there. any update on timeline?

edit: I just looked on google earth and the brick matches the Sun Title building next door which is nice. 

Edited by RiversideGR
  • Like 4

Wow!  I love it!  There's plenty of parking on Carrier too, cause you know people are going to beotch about parking.  Great location, really, a nice walk to medical mile or North Monroe.  Lots of dirt to move.  I love how all of these underutilized lots are being repurposed for dense housing (Now do more on the NW side, please :))

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grandrollerz said:

This is such a prime location, so glad to see this going in! (insert standard issue I wish it was taller diatribe).  that has been a patch of grass since I was baptized at St. Alphonsus

As someone who is a height queen, this is the perfect height for that location. This is quite exciting. 

• Like 3