Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

8 hours ago, KJHburg said:

there might be a fancy like Applebee's coming to downtown Nashville.  And before you laugh me off this board actually I think it would do very good near  Broadway or very close by.

https://tasteofcountry.com/walker-hayes-fancy-like-applebees-nashville/    Times Square has an Olive Garden why not an Applebees in downtown Nashville with a major country music theme? 

As long as any restaurant has an “urban” setting and doesn’t stick out like the McDonald’s on Broadway across from Whole Foods…the more the merrier.

• Like 3

A fancy themed applebee's restaurant would be perfect on lower broadway. Lower Broadway is a area that get a lot of tourists, and a fancy themed applebee's restaurant fits in with the atmosphere of lower broadway and it would make lower broadway more interesting and tourists and local people would have another restaurant to go and get something to eat at. Also, nashville yards is going to be a area that have a lot of tourists and local people visiting. So. a fancy themed applebee's restaurant would be good for nashville yards 

• Like 4

Yea, we saw this last week. We think this is just a publicity stunt by the singer. We decided not to run it. He mentions other restaurants in his song too. I really don't think Applebee's could find a space large enough or with the right rent to make it work for them. The key is turnover and alcohol sales to make a restaurant work. Lower Broadway is not casual dining. It is high end or fast casual designed for quick numbers. You have to turn those table quickly. O'Charleys tried on Second, Fuddruckers. Even Demo's gave up the ghost on 3rd.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, High Rise Lover said:

A fancy themed applebee's restaurant would be perfect on lower broadway. Lower Broadway is a area that get a lot of tourists, and a fancy themed applebee's restaurant fits in with the atmosphere of lower broadway and it would make lower broadway more interesting and tourists and local people would have another restaurant to go and get something to eat at. Also, nashville yards is going to be a area that have a lot of tourists and local people visiting. So. a fancy themed applebee's restaurant would be good for nashville yards 

Fern bars like Applebee's have been  dying out for years.  Boring.  The strength of Nashville in food ecellence is not in more tired old chain restaurants.  One of the big problems I have noted with similar restaurants here in Nashville is that they do not pay enough to keep staff.  The last 3 times I tried to go to Chili's for instance, i was told there would be a 30 minute wait even though the dining rooms were less than a quarter full.  I presume all the staff at this new Applebee's would use public transportation as they are not going to afford downtown parking.  I seriously doubt tippers would be as generous at an Applebee's either than the more packed Lower Broad venues.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

Fern bars like Applebee's have been  dying out for years.  Boring.  The strength of Nashville in food ecellence is not in more tired old chain restaurants.  One of the big problems I have noted with similar restaurants here in Nashville is that they do not pay enough to keep staff.  The last 3 times I tried to go to Chili's for instance, i was told there would be a 30 minute wait even though the dining rooms were less than a quarter full.  I presume all the staff at this new Applebee's would use public transportation as they are not going to afford downtown parking.  I seriously doubt tippers would be as generous at an Applebee's either than the more packed Lower Broad venues.

Applebee's is dying out,

I think if they put a different applebee's on lower broadway A applebee's with arcade video games inside of it and a bowling alley that would bring people to it because it's not just a regular applebee's where you just go to get something to eat there's  stuff there that you can do to have fun 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, High Rise Lover said:

Applebee's is dying out,

I think if they put a different applebee's on lower broadway A applebee's with arcade video games inside of it and a bowling alley that would bring people to it because it's not just a regular applebee's where you just go to get something to eat there's  stuff there that you can do to have fun 

If you want eat...EAT.   You want games...try Chuck E. Cheese.   Bowling?  The very high square footage costs on Lower Broad  will preclude that ever happening.   The rule is "Stack em and pack em", serving lots of pricey booze as fast a s possible.  Any restauranteur wanting to open up with a slow paced  dining  like Applebee's (Did I just say "dining" at Applebee's?)  experience had better have the lowest price entree at $30 or more as a minimum.  Otherwise they are on a fast trac on the way out of business.

Edited by Baronakim

IMO, if this is even a thing. That it will be another celebrity sponsored Honky Tonk, with Applebees providing the eats. Sorta like all the rest ( if you go to one, you’ve seen the rest) that line Lower Broadway. I don’t think a stand alone Applebees or any other similar establishments would survive, in that “ experience “ that is LB . 

On 8/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, KJHburg said:

there might be a fancy like Applebee's coming to downtown Nashville.  And before you laugh me off this board actually I think it would do very good near  Broadway or very close by.

https://tasteofcountry.com/walker-hayes-fancy-like-applebees-nashville/    Times Square has an Olive Garden why not an Applebees in downtown Nashville with a major country music theme? 

On 8/14/2022 at 8:52 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Yea, we saw this last week. We think this is just a publicity stunt by the singer. We decided not to run it. He mentions other restaurants in his song too. I really don't think Applebee's could find a space large enough or with the right rent to make it work for them. The key is turnover and alcohol sales to make a restaurant work. Lower Broadway is not casual dining. It is high end or fast casual designed for quick numbers. You have to turn those table quickly. O'Charleys tried on Second, Fuddruckers. Even Demo's gave up the ghost on 3rd.

Is this actually real like going through water/sewer permitting or something?

Or is it more like this article back from april fools day?

https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2022/04/01/walker-hayes-to-open-four-story-applebees-bar-grill-in-former-ernest-tubb-record-shop/

• Haha 3

A few posters in the past have shared that my desire to see the parking lot at 7th and Union developed was a pipe dream.  I didn't really understand why.  Just had a duh moment.  Zoomed in on Snodgrass for the FIRST time and just realized that entire block (including the lot) is the Snodgrass development.  Goodness.  Jokes on me!  I am officially letting that dream go!  Welcome to Earth, nashville born, welcome to Earth. 

• Haha 1

OK, I'm not really sure where this would go so feel free to move if this is the wrong thread. The other day on I-40 just west of I-440's western terminus, I passed by three trucks carrying wind turbine blades, which were traveling east. Any idea where they might have been heading? I wasn't aware of any wind farm projects in the Southeast and would've expected them to be traveling in the opposite direction. Maybe West Virginia? Or just replacing a single turbine at Buffalo Mountain? I definitely did not envy them having to imminently navigate the highway network near downtown and was surprised that they didn't take I-840 instead.

3 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

OK, I'm not really sure where this would go so feel free to move if this is the wrong thread. The other day on I-40 just west of I-440's western terminus, I passed by three trucks carrying wind turbine blades, which were traveling east. Any idea where they might have been heading? I wasn't aware of any wind farm projects in the Southeast and would've expected them to be traveling in the opposite direction. Maybe West Virginia? Or just replacing a single turbine at Buffalo Mountain? I definitely did not envy them having to imminently navigate the highway network near downtown and was surprised that they didn't take I-840 instead.

Buffalo Mtn Wind Farm near Oak Ridge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Definitely hit or miss.  Went to a Red Robin in Knoxville last week at around dinner time and there was 1 server for the whole restaurant. Told us there's a "90 minute wait".  Of course we didn't. We ran into similar situations all around Turkey Creek.  On the other hand, went to McAlister's Deli on Signal Mtn. here in Chattanooga and it was fully staffed and humming like well-tuned machinery. Their staff is made up mostly of high schoolers, and I wonder if midday during the week it's so good.  Chick fil a always hums along, even during weekdays. 

Edited by MLBrumby