SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

8 hours ago, TheOneRJ said:

The only higher end stores that Charlotte has and Tampa does not is Alexander McQueen, American Girl, and Ralph Lauren. Tampa has several stores that have closed their Charlotte location including AX Exchange, Hollister, and Montblanc. 

Hollister definitely isn't high end, and there's a location at Northlake Village. 

As far as I know there has never been a presence of Hollister's sister concept, Gilly Hicks, anywhere in NC, though. 

My first visit to Southpark Mall in over a year and the mall looks great.  Macy's lower level looks like a Kohls and Backstage area looks like a TJ Maxx.  No sight yet of the Zara but I hope that super large Gap and Gap Kids shrinks a good bit (and maybe moves into the Old Navy space)  Heard the Build a Bear which has a kiosk is closing that she said next month.  Otherwise newer high end stores and lots of shuffling around.  Is that Louis Vuitton a lot bigger?    Love Pei Wei and did not know they had opened there in the food court.  What is the store with just the male model huge photo next to the new LaCoste? 

20240129_123217.jpg

20240129_123234.jpg

20240129_123332.jpg

20240129_123422.jpg

20240129_123616.jpg

20240129_123616.jpg

20240129_123629.jpg

20240129_123644.jpg

20240129_123818.jpg

20240129_123914.jpg

20240129_124240.jpg

20240129_125505.jpg

20240129_125555.jpg

20240129_125600.jpg

20240129_125617.jpg

20240129_125638.jpg

20240129_125641.jpg

20240129_123217.jpg

20240129_123629.jpg

20240129_125505.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

@KJHburg the store next to Lacoste is Hugo Boss which is moving over there. Also, I didn't know Diptyque was opening! I believe the LV space is slightly bigger...IIRC, they are expanding merchandise but I don't think it'll include apparel yet. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rufus said:

@KJHburg the store next to Lacoste is Hugo Boss which is moving over there. Also, I didn't know Diptyque was opening! I believe the LV space is slightly bigger...IIRC, they are expanding merchandise but I don't think it'll include apparel yet. 

thank you as I dont know my high end brand ad campaigns LOL.  Yes I had to look up Diptyque a French perfume store.  

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 9:22 AM, TylerFerreroSorel said:

Hollister definitely isn't high end, and there's a location at Northlake Village. 

As far as I know there has never been a presence of Hollister's sister concept, Gilly Hicks, anywhere in NC, though. 

You’re right, I only included Hollister because it was in one of KJ’s pictures. There was a Hollister store at SouthPark a few years ago beside of the original Abercrombie store.

The first attempt with Gilly Hicks before they went online only never made it to NC. Abercrombie seems to be pushing it more now so maybe a store will land in Charlotte eventually. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Bally, Breitling, Tudor, and Vuori are opening in the mall. The watch stores seem pretty meh, but standard considering they are likely offshoots of Fink's. Bally is an interesting choice, but they have been in major expansion mode since their rebranding. Vuori I'm surprised hasn't been in the area yet...I know so many people that love them and could only find them at REI. 

• Like 1

SouthPark confirms what I already took photos of about 10 days ago  the new retailers.  See you did hear about it first on UP. 

""SouthPark mall continues to shape its tenant mix with the addition of several retailers.

The shopping center has inked deals with Swiss luxury brand Bally, Diptyque Paris, active lifestyle brand Vuori as well as prestigious watch brands Tudor and Breitling. SouthPark’s website also shows that Vineyard Vines has landed space at the mall.

Those stores are set to open in 2024.""

See my above photos from Jan. 30

New SouthPark mall stores include Vuori, Tudor and others - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

SouthPark confirms what I already took photos of about 10 days ago  the new retailers.  See you did hear about it first on UP. 

""SouthPark mall continues to shape its tenant mix with the addition of several retailers.

The shopping center has inked deals with Swiss luxury brand Bally, Diptyque Paris, active lifestyle brand Vuori as well as prestigious watch brands Tudor and Breitling. SouthPark’s website also shows that Vineyard Vines has landed space at the mall.

Those stores are set to open in 2024.""

See my above photos from Jan. 30

New SouthPark mall stores include Vuori, Tudor and others - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

There already was a Vineyard Vines near Nordstrom but they closed to make way for Arlo (athleisure store).  It’s been a while now that they are coming soon. Not sure why it’s taking so long. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Temeteron said:

There already was a Vineyard Vines near Nordstrom but they closed to make way for Arlo (athleisure store).  It’s been a while now that they are coming soon. Not sure why it’s taking so long. 

Their construction door was open when I was at the mall last week and it looks like they’re almost ready to bring the inventory to the floor.

Tommy Bahama’s Marlin Bar will open its first NC location in the former McCormick & Schmick’s at SouthPark. The retail store will also be relocating from within the mall to the same space.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Temeteron said:

Seems like they took L’occitane’s spot.  L’occitane now has a kiosk near the hallway where express and Warby Parker is.  I wonder if they will move again

According to the mall’s Instagram the kiosk is temporary and their new store will be close to Nordstrom.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

According to the mall’s Instagram the kiosk is temporary and their new store will be close to Nordstrom.

I honestly have no idea where unless it's taking the vacant store next to LV...which is wild bc for some reason I thought LV was expanding into that space, but maybe I am crossing my wires. But that space is way too big for L'Occitance. 

As for Tommy Bahama...their restaurants are great draws, so I am excited to see it. And that opens up a huge space next to Gucci. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rufus said:

I honestly have no idea where unless it's taking the vacant store next to LV...which is wild bc for some reason I thought LV was expanding into that space, but maybe I am crossing my wires. But that space is way too big for L'Occitance. 

As for Tommy Bahama...their restaurants are great draws, so I am excited to see it. And that opens up a huge space next to Gucci. 

The new L’Occitane will most likely be next to chicos where the temporary Swarovski is now.  Not sure where Swarovski will move to though.  

26 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

The Marlin Bar looks like a good concept for that spot. We do like some beach cocktails at this house.  Suffolk Punch for beer, Reid’s for wine and Marlin Bar for Cocktails, all in one spot. 

and cigars at the Tinder Box in the garage below.  

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

and cigars at the Tinder Box in the garage below.  

Spoke with Craig (owner) down at the Box a while ago and he said as long as the mall allows open container they'll look the other way if you bring one in. 

• Like 3

On 12/10/2023 at 12:35 PM, tozmervo said:

Men's departments have gotten terrible everywhere, or have become totally non-existent. For all the great improvements at Birkdale, there is now literally only one single store there that carries Men's clothing: Jos A Bank. Even the American Eagle there doesn't stock men's clothing.

The men’s departments in Chicago LA Miami are amazing. New York City Tower store has a separate men’s department just across the street that is three levels. They sell just about every brand from Balenciaga Dior, Gucci , Tom  Brown  Canali  Saint Laurent Dsquared  Amiri etc While also having more contemporary brands. Their mens shoe  department is absolutely amazing competing with saks in terms of what they offer. In the main portion of the store, there’s seven floors, 10 bars and restaurants etc. the place is over 320,000 ft.². 

Charlotte is a very small retail market so it’s not going to  have all the bells and whistles that the bigger markets have.  Columbus, Ohio Nordstrom is the same as Charlotte is just one of the basic Nordstroms.  The Neiman’s in Charlotte is basic, too compared to the bigger markets.  

Edited by blkspice22
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article on CNN today about Macy’s closing 150 stores but expanding Bloomingdale’s, which has been a stronger performer for them.  Wonder if any of this will affect SP…

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/27/investing/macys-closing-150-stores/index.html

>>”The company said that as it closes Macy’s locations, it will open new stores for its luxury brands.

Macy’s said it will open 15 new Bloomingdale’s stores and 30 new Bluemercury locations over the next three years. It also plans to remodel 30 existing Bluemercury stores.

“The Bloomingdale’s expansion can work as there are several strong luxury markets where the chain is not represented.”

• Like 3

Here are the Macys locations in NC 2 in Charlotte Southpark and Northlake, one in Greensboro at Friendly Center, one in Durham at the Streets at Southpoint, 2 in Raleigh one in Crabtree Valley and one in Triangle Town Center and one in Fayetteville's Cross Creek Mall.

I would say the risk of closure would be greatest at Fayetteville, possibly Northlake and Triangle Town Center both weaker malls and conversions to Bloomingdales at either Southpark and maybe Crabtree Valley.  

Other states with more Macys will be affected much harder than NC like Georgia.  I do think even if one Macys is converted to Bloomingdales that one Macys remains in the market could make sense.  

• Like 1