SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

1 minute ago, turbocraig said:

From the Ledger today.  Plans for a second story over top of where Gap currently is.  Wonder if this will be where Zara goes with an upper and lower level?

If this is successful, consider this the future for SouthPark. Maybe not the entire mall, but it could offer an option to certain sections (I'm thinking both the Nordstrom and NM wings since they are the most recently constructed)

More from Biz Journal on this mystery expansion is this for Zara?

Expansion is in the cards for SouthPark mall.

City of Charlotte filings show that mall owner Simon Property Group Inc. (NYSE: SPG) wants to add 21,540 square feet there, including a second floor. It sought that modification to add a new — yet-to-be named — tenant.

A request for comment from the mall was not returned today.   That project gained administrative approval from Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning, Design and Development on Nov. 13. A permit is pending for the project, which is named SouthPark Mall Tenant Expansion.   

Plans filed with the city offer a glimpse into the project's scope. A second floor would be added to the mall, tucked between Belk and The Cheesecake Factory. Two existing tenant spaces would be combined on the mall’s first level, with another 540-square-foot space added. The second level will add 21,000 square feet.

Barton, Hartley and Mulkey is the architect on the project.

The project would bump up the mall's square footage. It currently has about 1.67 million leasable square feet. Its zoning allows for a maximum of 1.75 million square feet. That means the mall could add another 56,326 square feet in the future.""

SouthPark mall Simon owner seeks expansion for mystery tenant - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

More from Biz Journal on this mystery expansion is this for Zara?

Expansion is in the cards for SouthPark mall.

City of Charlotte filings show that mall owner Simon Property Group Inc. (NYSE: SPG) wants to add 21,540 square feet there, including a second floor. It sought that modification to add a new — yet-to-be named — tenant.

A request for comment from the mall was not returned today.   That project gained administrative approval from Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning, Design and Development on Nov. 13. A permit is pending for the project, which is named SouthPark Mall Tenant Expansion.   

Plans filed with the city offer a glimpse into the project's scope. A second floor would be added to the mall, tucked between Belk and The Cheesecake Factory. Two existing tenant spaces would be combined on the mall’s first level, with another 540-square-foot space added. The second level will add 21,000 square feet.

Barton, Hartley and Mulkey is the architect on the project.

The project would bump up the mall's square footage. It currently has about 1.67 million leasable square feet. Its zoning allows for a maximum of 1.75 million square feet. That means the mall could add another 56,326 square feet in the future.""

SouthPark mall Simon owner seeks expansion for mystery tenant - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

I’d hate Zara to be next to Belk and Cheesecake Factory but oh well…would’ve much rather had it next to stores that make sense for it to be next to

9 hours ago, Temeteron said:

I’d hate Zara to be next to Belk and Cheesecake Factory but oh well…would’ve much rather had it next to stores that make sense for it to be next to

Though it seems likely this is the Zara space, it could also be expansion for other tenants that might be displaced by Zara?

I asked only a few posts ago about the possibility of additional floors being added to the mall, this could easily be a proof of concept. I highly doubt the city would stonewall any attempts to increase zoning allowances for 2+ million sq ft.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

Though it seems likely this is the Zara space, it could also be expansion for other tenants that might be displaced by Zara?

Anything is possible till we know otherwise, but since the word is this is for a “tenant”, it sounds like it’s a single entity and not multiple displaced stores.  The mall Zara’s I’ve seen are two floors so it seems like this would be that, with an in-store escalator to reach the upper level.  It has to be Zara. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 8:53 AM, atlrvr said:

Also, looking like South Park is getting a Chanel boutique, though it's going into the current Hugo Boss space.  Not sure if that means Hugo Boss is closing, or maybe moving down into the soon the soon to be vacant (slightly larger) Vince space.

On 12/1/2023 at 1:18 PM, Temeteron said:

Apparently Lacoste is relocating to where Palmetto Moon was and will be significantly larger.   Also, Vince will be relocating to the old Pure spot next to Belk.  The remodeled and expanded Louis Vuitton won’t be open until spring and their temporary location is very small.  Surprised about that.  

So, Hugo Boss is going to where Palmetto Moon was as well.  Guess that means Palmetto Moon space is being split in 1/2 to accommodate both Hugo Boss and Lacoste.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Meant to post this a while back but when I was in Tampa went to the International Plaza mall the premier mall of the entire Tampa bay area.  As this metro is slightly bigger than ours I was wondering about some of these stores they have there and I dont think we have.   Correct me if I am wrong and let me know what our chances are of getting them. 

actually real nice mall right at the airport and with an outside component as well as a full service  Renaissance Hotel on property.  3 anchors Neiman Marcus,  Nordstrom and Dillards and now a new Lifetime Fitness occupying an anchor space.  

20240114_145307.jpg

20240114_145330.jpg

20240114_145734.jpg

20240114_145853.jpg

20240114_150036.jpg

20240114_150130.jpg

20240114_150227.jpg

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Meant to post this a while back but when I was in Tampa went to the International Plaza mall the premier mall of the entire Tampa bay area.  As this metro is slightly bigger than ours I was wondering about some of these stores they have there and I dont think we have.   Correct me if I am wrong and let me know what our chances are of getting them. 

actually real nice mall right at the airport and with an outside component as well as a full service  Renaissance Hotel on property.  3 anchors Neiman Marcus,  Nordstrom and Dillards and now a new Lifetime Fitness occupying an anchor space.  

20240114_145307.jpg

20240114_145330.jpg

20240114_145734.jpg

20240114_145853.jpg

20240114_150036.jpg

20240114_150130.jpg

20240114_150227.jpg

We do have a Tag Heur now it’s inside the Fink’s store 

• Like 4

The only higher end stores that Charlotte has and Tampa does not is Alexander McQueen, American Girl, and Ralph Lauren. Tampa has several stores that have closed their Charlotte location including AX Exchange, Hollister, and Montblanc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheOneRJ said:

The only higher end stores that Charlotte has and Tampa does not is Alexander McQueen, American Girl, and Ralph Lauren. Tampa has several stores that have closed their Charlotte location including AX Exchange, Hollister, and Montblanc. 

Ralph Lauren in SP closed a long time ago actually. And we never had an A/X.  You’re thinking of Emporio (which was actually an Armani Colezzioni that changed to an Emporio).  

Edited by Temeteron

2 hours ago, Temeteron said:

Ralph Lauren in SP closed a long time ago actually. And we never had an A/X.  You’re thinking of Emporio (which was actually an Armani Colezzioni that changed to an Emporio).  

Ralph Lauren is at Phillips Place. 

• Like 1