MLS Soccer Stadium

drjnieto

1 hour ago, codypet said:

TD Waterhouse Centre could like a word with you.

Ehhh Spectrum Stadium does sound better than Brighthouse Networks Stadium

Spectrum’s not so bad, I suppose, but given the future of cable, I’m not sure how long we’ll keep it. Since I always call it the Bounce House, I forget the real name.

As to TD, that’s one of Canada’s premiere financial institutions so it wouldn’t seem odd to a Canadian.

I suppose that’s pretty much my point. For the most part, instead of getting top tier brands like AT&T or Ford or whatever, we get the lower tier outfits (although Disney has ESPN Wide World of Sports!)

It can always be worse, I guess. Tampa’s fairgrounds venue suffered through “1-800-ASK-GARY” Amphitheater for a couple of years.

Edited by spenser1058

5 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Spectrum’s not so bad, I suppose, but given the future of cable, I’m not sure how long we’ll keep it. Since I always call it the Bounce House, I forget the real name.

Hulu Stadium? 

Probably never gonna be Netflix Stadium because I hear Disney is about to bring the hammer down on them.

Disney Plus Stadium, maybe?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Hulu Stadium? 

Probably never gonna be Netflix Stadium because I hear Disney is about to bring the hammer down on them.

Disney Plus Stadium, maybe?

All these subscriptions are starting to add up. Now I’m having to break down and get CBS All Access too. ST: Discovery didn’t really do it for me but I may very well weaken on Picard.

The good news is that I stopped Prime now that Target has really stepped up their game.

39 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

All these subscriptions are starting to add up. Now I’m having to break down and get CBS All Access too. ST: Discovery didn’t really do it for me but I may very well weaken on Picard.

The good news is that I stopped Prime now that Target has really stepped up their game.

Don't forget PBS/WUCF Passport.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
15 minutes ago, Tim3167 said:

Went to find this old thread to throw this in but I have to say so much time is spent on here focusing on how Orlando comes up short.

Watching all the energy surrounding the USA vs Panama game is just so amazing. This stadium and the building history in it is such an asset for this city and isn’t replicated anywhere in the state or even the southeast. Whether by dumb luck or design some things have gone right here.

I think it’s just nice to celebrate where something went right.

FYI: I  got a text with a short video from my sister at the game about an hour ago. She and her friends are having a great time and are just reveling in the crowd’s energy. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I was downtown before and during the game.  I didn't realize there was a soccer match; I thought all of the people wearing American flag bandanas and shirts were going to a Trump rally.

There would have been a lot of red #MAGA hats everywhere. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JFW657 said:

There would have been a lot of red #MAGA hats everywhere. 

I heard the game was a phenomenal atmosphere from some soccer faithful the next day.  I was bummed I missed it.  I don't necessarily like to be elbow to elbow myself, but I like to be around during these events or even when there's big crowds out having fun; like those guys that smoke their cigars at Corona sitting on those rockers; just chillin' and enjoying the scene.  they need more venues like that downtown.  unfortunately, the Orange Ave sidewalk corridor north of Pine St is just too narrow and some of those outdoor tables and chairs- they just don't have enough room around them.  Maybe they should purge a lane off of Orange Ave and use the new easement and split the difference and make both-side sidewalks twice as wide.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, tc01 said:

Well....... it looks like the church finally decided to sell the property.  It will be interesting to see what is proposed. 

Faith Deliverance Temple sells church property to Orlando City Soccer Club

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/church-sells-to-orlando-city-soccer-club

Thanks for referring to this in the right thread.  We were chatting sarcastically about it in the soccer thread in the Coffee House.  Good on you.

It's an absolute shame they caved after a perfectly useable street was split.  This isn't a cartoon where we can slide the stadium over a half block.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

Thanks for referring to this in the right thread.  We were chatting sarcastically about it in the soccer thread in the Coffee House.  Good on you.

It's an absolute shame they caved after a perfectly useable street was split.  This isn't a cartoon where we can slide the stadium over a half block.

...how about a tunnel?   Now work with me on this for a minute...think Port of Miami tunnel...LOL...CHurch St would have to get cut off (and Central for that to happen...bad joke.

Yeah, I am stunned.  maybe they lost a lot of church goers.  I know I was talking to a resident there that's fed up with local reps not doing anything to fix the neighborhood...I wonder what she'll think about this...

1 hour ago, HankStrong said:

We can just Sim City it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I would like to see a restaurant, bar, and plaza. Similar to the Milwaukee Bucks Entertainment District in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This would be great alongside  the Magic Entertainment Complex (whenever that gets built…..). But this is Orlando, so this is just wishful thinking lol

https://www.gensler.com/projects/milwaukee-bucks-entertainment-district

image.jpeg.79d8bac78edfa7e94f0339ec13e64a9d.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/4/2022 at 6:27 PM, spenser1058 said:

I anticipate the Wilfs will move forward; I’m equally confident the MEC will materialize the day  the seldom seen in the real world Amway detergent outsells Tide.

LOL.  A cold day indeed...

I bet you this parcel will get built long before the DeVos clan does anything with the MEC land.  Shoot...even the Good 'Ole Boys in Daytona are moving forward with yet another phase of One Daytona as you posted with the Costco...and the DeVos can is...crickets...

Yeah, the Soccer people want to make money so they'll develop it quickly...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Even though I couldn't care less about our soccer team(s) or anything to do with the game of soccer in general, I must say that Exploria Stadium sounded so much better than whatever this new jumbled mouthful of vowels & consonants does. 

Exploria sounded downright lyrical.

This new crap looks like a typo and sounds like incoherent babbling. 

BTW, are we now the first and only pro sports city ever to have an ampersand in our stadium's name?