MLS in Charlotte - 2021

tozmervo

• 3 weeks later...

58 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

I'd actually be surprised if they manage to sell 25,000 more before opening day.

Yeah, unless they run a last minute ticket sale / reduce price, I think the people that were really excited / following the team have largely already bought tickets. 

• Confused 1

On 12/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, KJHburg said:

Why am I super excited to root AGAINST Charlotte for that Feb. 26th game?! Im stoked to see CLT FC. 

It’ll be interesting to see if there are any CLT FC fans in Audi Field. Inter Miami had more fans than I was expecting in its first year at Audi. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

On 1/4/2022 at 1:02 PM, CLT2014 said:

Yeah, unless they run a last minute ticket sale / reduce price, I think the people that were really excited / following the team have largely already bought tickets. 

There is probably a decent amount of people that are holding out for when lower level single game tickets go on sale Thursday. The demand will only increase as it gets closer. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s completely sold out by mid February. 

• Like 2

It's pretty amazing they've sold 50k without releasing individual tickets for sale yet.  They should at least come close to 75k.  Plus with so many people already going, I think there will be buzz around going when the time comes.

Also, they still haven't announced any Designated Player (i.e. big name) signings yet.  If they splash money on a big name that could increase exposure even more in the next month or so.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, AirNostrumMAD said:

It’ll be interesting to see if there are any CLT FC fans in Audi Field. Inter Miami had more fans than I was expecting in its first year at Audi. 

I have 2 season tickets for their inaugural season. I'll also be traveling to DC for the first game along with a few friends. Mint City Collective is organizing fans to attend away games, including the first one.

https://mintcitycollective.com/

• Like 4

I've seen Mint City collective and saw them grow organically/grassroots movement.  I'm assuming they are kind of like Charlotte FC's version of Roaring Riot and Crown Club/Bring Back the Buzz.  I know they sell a lot of merch based off the "mint" color scheme but was wondering now that we have a team and colors would they change it up a little bit to match?   Basically, I'm just thinking about creating the best home field advantage and seeing mixed colors just doesnt seem ideal to me.  Especially, since we're a brand new club trying to build a brand/identity.  Idk, maybe I'm just missing something.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

6 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I've seen Mint City collective and saw them grown organically/grassroots movement.  I'm assuming they are kind of like Charlotte FC's version of Roaring Riot and Crown Club/Bring Back the Buzz.  I know they sell a lot of merch based off the "mint" color scheme but was wondering now that we have a team and colors would they change it up a little bit to match?   Basically, I'm just thinking about creating the best home field advantage and seeing mixed colors just doesnt seem ideal to me.  Especially, since we're a brand new club trying to build a brand/identity.  Idk, maybe I'm just missing something.

I think the team is leaning into the mint idea with "Minted 2022" on the crest.  And rumor has it folks on reddit found the away kit will be black/mint this year.  I bet it features consistently albeit as a third color

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharlotteFootballClub/comments/rqsbqb/colors_of_the_away_kit_leaked_heres_what_they/

image.png.9eefbc82a0dbc8c96bd95a11a1a83010.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that!  That makes more sense now...I'm glad to see the team will utilize the Mint theme/color in some form or fashion.  I was initially worried that none of the kits would utilize that mint color.  I personally like that mint color too so will be looking forward to see what they can do with those away kits.  

*We have a Terrapin in our family and they say Ben Bender is a beast from Maryland and was a great choice at #1.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

19 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

I think the team is leaning into the mint idea with "Minted 2022" on the crest.  And rumor has it folks on reddit found the away kit will be black/mint this year.  I bet it features consistently albeit as a third color

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharlotteFootballClub/comments/rqsbqb/colors_of_the_away_kit_leaked_heres_what_they/

image.png.9eefbc82a0dbc8c96bd95a11a1a83010.png

Black and mint would be sick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...