SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Truth coming: When I ran the trolley car 85 I would give history lessons as we traveled. One was about Charlotte and "vertical integration". After a trip a lady passenger encountered me and wanted to know about the co-op. "What co-op" I asked. The Chicken Co-op we passed" said she.

Well if C-O-O-P don't spell co-op, what do it spell?

(I am giving you people the material of a lifetime here)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I hope nothing happens to Prices sounds like it wont for the meantime but you have to wonder if the cousins retire will they cash out? http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article145839594.html

Let them sit on it, for years more in fact, when they or their descendants do finally sell, perhaps the price metrics will warrant something beyond 2+5 wood.  "Pink Lady Too"?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan20 said:

Do anyone have any updates with the Barringer townhomes that will be on Tremont across from the new Common Market? As many revisions as it took to get approved I would think the developer wants to get these going asap.

Rezoning Approval is just step one. They still have to submit through the planning dept, they haven't done that yet. 

On 4/20/2017 at 1:20 PM, KJHburg said:

1. new Harris Teeter at Sedgefield is looking great.

DSCN1469.JPG

Approved plans for the 2-building apartment complex across Haverford Pl from the new Teeter were posted to Accela within the past week. 

It's pretty attractive.  Architect is BB+M, and there is a lot of brick, with fiber-cement panels, and fiber-cement wood-planks....no EIFS.  Continues the mid-century mod theme they were going for with the Teeter.  There is even 1 small REAL retail space (not leasing center) fronting Haverford.

Elevations are black and white and "2D", so hard to get a real sense, but I would say it looks even better than Camden Gallery (at Camden/West Blvd) which turned out really nice.

• Like 3

Marsh has been doing some pretty reliable work, they hold onto their properties for decades unlike the "build and sell" developers. I'm having major nostalgia pangs for my old apartment there, though - Berkshire Rd was my address for five years (at probably 25% the rental cost of what these new ones will be)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tozmervo said:

Marsh has been doing some pretty reliable work, they hold onto their properties for decades unlike the "build and sell" developers. I'm having major nostalgia pangs for my old apartment there, though - Berkshire Rd was my address for five years (at probably 25% the rental cost of what these new ones will be)

I was on Elmhurst Rd for some years. Best, most reasonably priced place I've ever lived, ever. It's always sad to see places like this go. But you're right about Marsh.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 0:33 PM, tozmervo said:

I lived on Berkshire Rd too! I lived there back in 2005/2006 I believe. Two bedrooms went for $500.00 back then. The apartments definitely are old, but they are in a great location that you couldn't beat. Ahhhh the old days!

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:49 PM, atlrvr said:

Asana bought this (same owner as Design Center across the street).  I think someone on here posted there is already tenants lined up, but not sure.

For better or worse, Asana is taking over the whole district.  They just bought the Hawkins Design Center last week as well $9.63mm...this is the old loft building directly across Hawkins from Ashton South End. 

They now control this building, the old South End Interior building at Tremont/Hawkins, the Design Center, and the Phat Burrito/Arts League buildings.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

For better or worse, Asana is taking over the whole district.  They just bought the Hawkins Design Center last week as well $9.63mm...this is the old loft building directly across Hawkins from Ashton South End. 

They now control this building, the old South End Interior building at Tremont/Hawkins, the Design Center, and the Phat Burrito/Arts League buildings.....

This HAS to be making Edens Nervous. Its going to take at least 18-24M for Edens to complete and outfit Atherton Mill's expansion. Asana could conceivably deliver buildings of 13k, 12k, 36k and about 80k sq feet of retail in just 8-12M if they needed to.

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

This HAS to be making Edens Nervous. Its going to take at least 18-24M for Edens to complete and outfit Atherton Mill's expansion. Asana could conceivably deliver buildings of 13k, 12k, 36k and about 80k sq feet of retail in just 8-12M if they needed to.

To quote myself. I kinda feel like Asana is on a "screw you campaign" of their former employers. And they are letting their emotions get the better of them. The $psf on the Hawkins and the Design Center purchase are astronomical ($300/sf). Its the kind of prices people are spending to put up 300-400 unit apartment buildings. I'm not sure how you underwrite a purchase like that. In order for them to make money, they will have to charge a market high for retail spaces. Hell, they paid more for their land, than Lincoln Harris, who will probably put $2.5+Billion into their land.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Crown said:

Anyone heard anything about the hovis radiator building on summit? 

bnKfijD.png

It was at one point the likely home for Common Market and a Crossfit Studio. After that, nothing.

29 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It was at one point the likely home for Common Market and a Crossfit Studio. After that, nothing.

A fried of mine was trying to buy it about 3 years ago but the family wasn't interested in selling at the time. Have they finally dicided now is a good time to cash out?