SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

^^

This is actually a pretty great project, IMO (though I would never pay the asking prices).  I love the look of these things and the roof decks, proximity to uptown and the light rail, etc, make these pretty desirable.  For the price, I'd look elsewhere but if they can sell 'em, good for them.

22 minutes ago, nowensone said:

That seems like a lot to pack into 4.27 acres, implying some height?  Or does the standard 2 levels of concrete and 5 of stick above suffice?

I would say the latter, but 4.27 acres is 186k SF and that document lists 230k SF of disturbed area, so the math isn't working out. Anyway, I wouldn't expect anything more than a wrapped deck with this one.

1. new Harris Teeter at Sedgefield is looking great. 2nd photo who owns this building on Tremont and Hawkins and what is going on with it? I think someone mentioned it but now I don't remember.  3. Also lots of site work on the Holiday Inn Express on S Tryon. 

DSCN1469.JPG

DSCN1481.JPG

DSCN1484.JPG

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

. 2nd photo who owns this building on Tremont and Hawkins and what is going on with it? I think someone mentioned it but now I don't remember. 

DSCN1481.JPG

Asana bought this (same owner as Design Center across the street).  I think someone on here posted there is already tenants lined up, but not sure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Lennar's new Pepsi plant apartment and retail site. I would expect another crane here too. Want to shock someone? If they have not been here in 2 years drive them down South and this area has changed probably more than anywhere else in Charlotte. 

DSCN1467.JPG

I wonder if Pat McCrory still thinks South Blvd. is a "corridor of crap"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Lunch at Mac's and photos from around the area. New crane at Poindexter and South Blvd new apartment complex site.  I actually like Solis Southend and how it is turning out. I like the white look with blue trim. They have a huge fitness center on the ground floor retail space right across from Macs. 

I'm actually pretty upset about that...I thought that was mostly retail along South Blvd but only the corner unit is (possible smaller space at Remount & LRT, not quite sure). Why do apartment builders think that people want to work out on the ground floor facing a busy street with floor to ceiling windows? The gym could go just about anywhere and see the same amount of use. 

not defending apartment developers but explaining. The problem is there are not enough tenants to pay the high rents on that retail space. I am sure if they had overwhelming demand that fitness center would shrink to a room quick. But to me from across the street it looked like a health club until I realized what it was. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nonillogical said:

I'm actually pretty upset about that...I thought that was mostly retail along South Blvd but only the corner unit is (possible smaller space at Remount & LRT, not quite sure). Why do apartment builders think that people want to work out on the ground floor facing a busy street with floor to ceiling windows? The gym could go just about anywhere and see the same amount of use. 

Meh. I'm actually happy with the street level. I mean its a little bare, but it'll be nice when some trees grow in. Keep in mind its rentals and all of the ground floor was built with concrete, it can be retrofitted into retail.

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 5.33.52 PM.png