SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Have there been any updates on the Youngblood townhomes or the site where the Dilworth Mattress factory currently is on W Tremont? Given the rise in elevation on W Tremont compared to Doggett st. they could have some really nice views. 

Website is up for the Townhomes going in behind Silos.   Seems to continue the style of Helix, Lumina and the townhomes at Silos.   Priced from the upper 200's.

http://www.southpointatsouthend.com/

Edited by rjp212
  • Like 1

You're correct... Spelling has never been my forte. 

So you have Solis Southline and Silos South apartments right next to each other and Southpoint at Southend right behind them? That's not confusing. It's bad enough all these apartments look a like, they have to be names the same too?

Looks like Faison is exploring redeveloping the 36 acre Brookhill Village community. I have mixed feelings, as I see that community as blight, but I worry about so so many families and people being displaced. Hopefully we get a nice community with a good mix of homes for a multitude of income levels. Between this and the Selwyn neighborhood redevelopment, this could be a very very hopping area of town, if done correctly.

For reference this entire area i the brookhill neighborhood. 

http://binged.it/1E56Ol2

Something called "Brookhill Apartments" at 494 Remount Rd. has popped up on Accela. The attactment is unclickable, though.

Something called "Brookhill Apartments" at 494 Remount Rd. has popped up on Accela. The attactment is unclickable, though.

There was talks a while back that Southside and Brookhill Apartments would be part of a Sedgefield Corners style Redevelopment. This might be that.

Please tear these down! The conditions there are deplorable, so about anything would be better. If redeveloped, wouldn't they have to have a certain amount of units below market rate or something to that effect? There's a huge need for apartments/housing in this general price point. They can't all be expensive apartments.

• Like 1

It says it's for 650 units, which would be a huge under-utilization of that property, in my opinion. I always thought that site would be great for a scaled down Atlantic Station type of development. Something less dense than that but more dense than Birkdale, I hope they're not just planning 3-story garden units on the entire site, and instead do something more dense like Silos and leaving some land for future retail along Tryon. 

I thought a mini-Birkdale would have made sense there or at the 77 Corporate Park off Clanton.  I wonder if South End is just too close to SouthPark to ever develop its own major retail center.  I'd hope for more organic local retail growth, but these developments just aren't building the space.

It's coming very very soon, just wait a few months for an announcement  :ph34r:

Isn't that the plans for the redevelopment of Atherton Mills?

God willing it's the Charlotte Observer site. Atherton seems small for a mini-birkdale. I do realize that they've already made it public that they'll put in more retail and stuff similar to Anthropologie but it just seems like a small amount of land. (Then again, I have terrible spacial senses)

Edited by AirNostrumMAD