Tower at Main & Gervais

comingtocolumbia

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears that TMG is going to be taller than 226'. They are working on the 11th floor of TMG and this is even with the 13th floor of Capitol Center next door. According to Holder Properties' website, the TMG is going to be 18 stories. For some reason I thought it was only going to be 16. If it is 18 like they say, then it will be approximately 265 feet tall. The street level elevation of Capitol Center is about 10 feet lower than TMG and if TMG's top floor is even with about the 19th floor of CC then I look at it like this: 19/24 (floors in CC) X 349 (known height of CC) - 10 = 266.29. If it ends up being 17 stories then the height would be about 251 and 16 stories would be approximately 236 feet. Of course it would be even better if it ended up being taller than 18. :)

I sure hope it's 18 and taller than the Meridian. I have some doubts about the height though; hopefully someone can clear those for me. The crane that is currently there seems to be at a much lower height than the Meridian.....is another crane usually added or will the building stop near the crane height? :dontknow:

I have been wondering about the crane as well. It seems that the current crane is not tall enough if there are 7 more floors to go. Are any of you in a position to confirm the total number of floors, final height, etc? It seems that all of those specs would have been decided by now.

Height lost its importance to me years ago. A beckoning jumbled up look created by just the presence of buildings is so much more important to me than how tall any of the buildings are. I have seen so many pics of skylines where it's obvious there's nothing going on at street level and where it looks like fingers sticking up in the sky that height alone no longer means anything to me.

I sure hope it's 18 and taller than the Meridian. I have some doubts about the height though; hopefully someone can clear those for me. The crane that is currently there seems to be at a much lower height than the Meridian.....is another crane usually added or will the building stop near the crane height? :dontknow:

Archived