Tower at Main & Gervais

comingtocolumbia

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took some shots of the TMG yesterday. You can see that they are currently working on the 2 floors with the "notch" so it is now at approximately half of its total height. It will be taller than First Citizens and NBSC, but a little shorter than Meridian and Wilbur Smith.

tmg%201%203%207%2009.jpg

tmg%202%203%207%2009.jpg

tmg%203%203%207%2009.jpg

tmg%204%203%207%2009-1.jpg

I took some shots of the TMG yesterday. You can see that they are currently working on the 2 floors with the "notch" so it is now at approximately half of its total height. It will be taller than First Citizens and NBSC, but a little shorter than Meridian and Wilbur Smith.

tmg%201%203%207%2009.jpg

tmg%202%203%207%2009.jpg

tmg%203%203%207%2009.jpg

tmg%204%203%207%2009-1.jpg

My initial opinion is that this is not going to look good. I'm all for innovative architecture, but this is just one I don't get. Its a slightly obtuse angle on an otherwise unimpressive building that for some reason has a large notch in the side. But as always I will reserve my final opinion for the final product. Sometimes it changes (like with first citizens). Speaking of the notch did we ever learn what that notch is for? Is it going be a public access area or is it just an outdoor spot for office workers?

My initial opinion is that this is not going to look good. I'm all for innovative architecture, but this is just one I don't get. Its a slightly obtuse angle on an otherwise unimpressive building that for some reason has a large notch in the side. But as always I will reserve my final opinion for the final product. Sometimes it changes (like with first citizens). Speaking of the notch did we ever learn what that notch is for? Is it going be a public access area or is it just an outdoor spot for office workers?

heres a shot i took close up to the building as i was passing by i know its not that great but i will will have a better one. and also the second shot is also as i was riding by you can see the the tower is slowly rising above the nbsc building . but i believe if you look @ the bottom of the building they are already starting to add the extirior of the building.

downtown%20video%20003.JPG

downtown%20video%20002.JPG

Archived