Charlotte's Light Rail: Lynx Blue Line

dubone

4 hours ago, Windsurfer said:

Are there any police cameras at the stations? Not sure if they'd help, but seem to help here in London where folks know they are potentially being watched.

Actually yes, I noticed on Wednesday that there was one of the mobile units with a mast and cameras down on the 11th street end of the platform thats been recently installed. It did not seem to be noticed by anyone on the platform.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Counted 9 construction workers (based on attire) who appeared to all work at 110 East waiting for a train at East West at 4 today.

They were talking about there not being any work on Saturday because ‘the train will be down’. Is CATS shutting down for maintenance this weekend? 

Anyway, even construction workers rely on transit….

EDIT: I looked, CATS seems to be running this weekend

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kermit said:

Back at work in uptown tonight via rail:

The good: police presence at Frist Ward Park / Rail Trail from my arrival at 5 until my departure at 8. Many fewer loiterers at 9th st station,  not sure why (raining all day perhaps)

The bad: I walked down to CTC because I got ghost-trained. There were no lights at all on the imaginon side of 7th st station and only very dim lights on the market side. Lights at CTC were really dim (something is broken or not on).  CATS still needs to do the simple stuff. Third st also very dark.

IMG_6811.jpeg

Eventually, we're going to wind up with nodes instead of a central transportation nexus.....like London.  (aren't we?)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RANYC said:

More like, Good Job CMPD.  I think it might be the expanded Operation Trio that CMPD announced a couple weeks back.  It was applied to CTC much of last year and resulted in a significant drop in the incident count.  I just wonder where the loitering nuisances go when the police step up their visibility in Uptown.  What other corners and pockets of town do they then start to menace.

Perhaps if they can't find other places as easy to hang out they'll change their ways a little.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, kermit said:

Axios sorta reports that the Blue Line will be run at 12 peak period frequencies sometime in the completely unidentified future:

https://www.axios.com/local/charlotte/2024/04/15/blue-line-light-rail-frequency-when-headways-minutes

Digression: I remain deeply confused that collections of words (without any details, insight or sourcing) at all are considered to be journalism these days. Shrug, maybe I am just old.

Anyway, more trains is good, but we are still a long way from 7-10 minute trains we were running pre-pandemic.

You’re not old…it’s just the basics that some stories miss. (Not reporting) just telling stories.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1