Charlotte's Light Rail: Lynx Blue Line

dubone

On 9/28/2016 at 10:48 AM, StuckInASuburb said:

I can't upload anymore pictures here so I will use imgur I guess

For Members (Members being the group where you have between 10 and 100 posts) the limitation was 50 MB. I just changed that to 250 MB after seeing this post. We have better cameras with higher resolutions now so it should be changed to keep up with technology. I'll adjust the back-end to handle the larger space requirements.

Note that Members+ (users with 100+ posts) and Supporting Members (those who contribute a small monetary thumbs up to help keep the site running regardless of post count) have unlimited space.

Having said that, you should be able to upload photos again since you now have 5x the space available. :tw_wink:

• Like 3

Guest StuckInASuburb
20 hours ago, Neo said:

For Members (Members being the group where you have between 10 and 100 posts) the limitation was 50 MB. I just changed that to 250 MB after seeing this post. We have better cameras with higher resolutions now so it should be changed to keep up with technology. I'll adjust the back-end to handle the larger space requirements.

Note that Members+ (users with 100+ posts) and Supporting Members (those who contribute a small monetary thumbs up to help keep the site running regardless of post count) have unlimited space.

Having said that, you should be able to upload photos again since you now have 5x the space available. :tw_wink:

Thanks! Although Android phones don't really get that high of resolution aha.

20160928_130820.jpg

Here is the campus station with the rails completed

16 hours ago, nmundo said:

CATS have posted on their Facebook that as of tomorrow the catenary system will be powered up to 25th st station. I wonder if they're planning to start storing trains on that section soon.

Unless they changed their plans without telling anyone, no. They've always said the whole extension would open at the same time.

As a NoDa resident since 2009, seeing this pic is nothing less than AWESOME!!! We all knew it would happen eventually but DANG..seeing LRT come to fruition in this coriddor is spectacular.

btw... doesn't it seem like 36th Street has been closed forever? I swear I can't recall the last time I headed down that street towards Tryon.

As a NoDa resident since 2009, seeing this pic is nothing less than AWESOME!!! We all knew it would happen eventually but DANG..seeing LRT come to fruition in this coriddor is spectacular.

btw... doesn't it seem like 36th Street has been closed forever? I swear I can't recall the last time I headed down that street towards Tryon.

6 minutes ago, UPNoDa said:

Yeah, it'll be lovely when 36th is reopened, I won't really miss Craighead personally. I seem to recall them saying that 36th would have the longest closure of any road on the project due to the massive land work being done for it.

6 minutes ago, tozmervo said:
14 minutes ago, UPNoDa said:

Yeah, it'll be lovely when 36th is reopened, I won't really miss Craighead personally. I seem to recall them saying that 36th would have the longest closure of any road on the project due to the massive land work being done for it.

Living a little bit above 36th, I always used Craighead more.  Avoided having to cut through the intersection.

4 minutes ago, UPNoDa said:

het toz...Is the Crescent NoDa project large enough to have it's own UP forum similar to Crescent Stonewall or is there just not that much interest aesthetically? Just curious

Honestly, Its really not groundbreaking enough, at least until their intentions are announced on the outparcel on 36th. If a hotel and grocery does indeed land there, the I think its worth giving its own thread. For now, I think it can stay in the NoDa Projects thread. 

12 minutes ago, UPNoDa said:

het toz...Is the Crescent NoDa project large enough to have it's own UP forum similar to Crescent Stonewall or is there just not that much interest aesthetically? Just curious

Adding to what RDF said, there's such a weird mess of projects in that immediate area it's a little challenging to keep them separate. As things begin to coalesce it may make sense to break out an extra thread or two. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the BLE update meeting at the Main Library (it continues until 2 if you can run over there). Very map-based update on whats going on along the line, most notably the streetscape improvement projects but also featuring a first look at the proposed bus rerouting. (Hopefully all of these maps will be online soon...)

The one thing that really struck me is something that we've talked about before, which is an apparent lack of coordination between the different parties. I don't know if this is typical in other cities, too, but rarely did I see indication of other people's work on the maps. For example, the streetscape projects didn't pick up the details of CATS-related work, just the line. So while I saw a nice diagram of the 36th St streetscape work, it "looks like" it stops around the station area because CATS is in control of that. 

Similarly the Sugar Creek projects don't reflect each other. The NCDOT representative wasn't even next to them in the room. 

• In addition to the light that has already been installed at Brevard, Parkwood will get a signal at Belmont (thank god.) No signal at 16th for now, there are distant plans to reconnect to 16th across the street as a 4-way intersection.
  • 25th street bridge is a go, but likely won't open til 2018. 
  • Philemon Extension is on hold for developer coordination (read: they probably want developers to pay for it)
  • The CATS express routes are about to be renumbered from 80x to 980, 77x to 977, and so on, I guess to make space in the lower numbers for future routes.
  • The route modifications are not final and are still subject to public input. (for example, apparently they've fielded a lot of pissed off 80x/980 riders by ending that express route at JW Clay and not bringing it Uptown)

2016-10-12_12_25_25.jpg

2016-10-12_12_31_28.jpg

2016-10-12_12_35_01.jpg

2016-10-12_12_38_58.jpg

2016-10-12_12_39_29.jpg

Edited by tozmervo
  • Like 4

Acording to the city employees at the Parkwood/Plaza traffic calming meetings last week, the Parkwood avenue streetscape map you posted is not a sure thing. I challenged them that it was already funded with bonds already passed and they said it was not officially on yet. Which is frustrating since I participated in a community meeting where the city said it was a go about a year ago and we voted on options. 

I agree with your frustration that the different groups work in silos and don't communicate. I also worry city employees in the same department don't commnicate. 

6 minutes ago, GeauxCLT said:

Acording to the city employees at the Parkwood/Plaza traffic calming meetings last week, the Parkwood avenue streetscape map you posted is not a sure thing. I challenged them that it was already funded with bonds already passed and they said it was not officially on yet. Which is frustrating since I participated in a community meeting where the city said it was a go about a year ago and we voted on options. 

I agree with your frustration that the different groups work in silos and don't communicate. I also worry city employees in the same department don't commnicate. 

Yikes, yeah - the guy I spoke with seemed to indicate work was imminent. 

On 10/12/2016 at 3:21 PM, GeauxCLT said:

IDK who said this or what is meant by it.  But if bonds were passed for this pedscape, then it's happening.  could be an administrative/processing-type hold-up.