The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

I think that I will have to miss this one.  I am already double-booked with a Neighborhoods Resource Center community meeting (I am on the board of NRC in Germantown) and volunteering with MNPS to knock on doors of families of rising Kindergardeners to invite them to open houses at East Nashville zoned schools. The MNPS school enrollment period is upon us.

Oh, and I have to attend the Mayor's Office of Neighborhoods community forum at the Downtown Library at 1:30. The NRC is cross-promoting this event.  I'm glad that Mayor Dean's administration is finally giving some press time to formulation of neighborhood groups and neighborhood leadership training.  It's a little late for a neighborhood focus to emerge as a Dean priority (ahem) but I'll take it. 

At least three of the panelists have announced that they running for Metro Council next year, including Colby Sledge (D17 - Wedgewood/Houston) and Jeff Syracuse (D15 - Donelson/Opryland) and Ruby Baker (D1 - Bordeaux/Scottsboro/Bells Bend).

I have at least three East Nashville development hints that I could share live (not in writing) but they will have to wait and may emerge on their own.

Edited by bwithers1

bwithers, Would it not make even more sense to be there with the next meeting in the same location? Come, now. Surely you can find some occasion to waste a few spare moments in our booming downtown!   :thumbsup:

(I might even be there!)

Edited by Vrtigo

bwithers, Would it not make even more sense to be there with the next meeting in the same location? Come, now. Surely you can find some occasion to waste a few spare moments in our booming downtown!   :thumbsup:

(I might even be there!)

It's tempting, believe me.  I still haven't decided for sure.  But I'm in meeting overload mode right now.  My cats scarcely remember who I am anymore :)

...would've been and instant sign-on in Simon Pegg's Shawn of the Dead parody.  You'd have fit right in, if you'd've dragged-ass to the meeting, but then if it were me (I), you'd've been up 'til 4am (at least)

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

Anyone have news on the Westin?  Or how many buildings will be started at first at the Capitol View project in the North Gulch? 

I'd say smeagolsfree, Urban Architecture, or East Side Urbanite, likely could tell you.  They were among the foremost mentions during the agenda. (Westin - 01-Dec-14 ??)

-==-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

....somewhere where we can stare at the SoBro skyline, daydream, and drool.

... if its Crema, sorry I am out.

mirydi's gettin a bit waxing pro-active on us, up in here (more than I can say for myself).

Don't know where this Crema is (and by the size of John's "sentiment", I don't wanna go there either), so what about that Villa Place place (that Ron came up with last whenever)?

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

It's okay, Ricky. John just doesn't like to go to places that are "pretentious" in his own definition. A $4 roasted-and-brewed-onsite coffee made from beans hand-selected by the owners is just too much sometimes, ya know?  :whistling:

Crema does, however, have one of the best views of Nashville in the city.

mirydi's gettin a bit pro-active on us, up in here 

^Lol! 

I don't know anything about this Crema place either, but I'm sold on the "best views of Nashville in the city"

Hey John, If I buy you a coffee, does that change your mind? Heck, I don't even drink coffee, but the way Daniel described it sure makes me want to. 

It's okay, Ricky. John just doesn't like to go to places that are "pretentious" in his own definition. A $4 roasted-and-brewed-onsite coffee made from beans hand-selected by the owners is just too much sometimes, ya know?  :whistling:

Crema does, however, have one of the best views of Nashville in the city.

Actually, Rachel, the owner was rude to me on more than one occasion. I have not been since fall 2008 and will never go back there. Several times when I was with WW, she did not even say a word to me as she was getting and ringing up my coffee. She hung out with the "cool" crowd, but completely ignored WW and myself. In fact when I was ordering, she would continue her conversation with the "cool" kids in the back of the room. She never made eye contact....never. I have never had someone basically say "get the F*** out of my coffee shop because you are not cool enough" without actually saying a word. I don't know why she was that way. The only time she said anything was the first time I went in there just to ask what I wanted. After that. Nothing. Not even a "Thank You Please Come Back."

As far as I am concerned she can close that coffee shop, and move to Belle Meade where she can have that Starbucks attitude and it will be well received.

Edited by Urban Architecture
  • Like 1

Actually, Rachel, the owner was rude to me on more than one occasion. I have not been since fall 2008 and will never go back there. Several times when I was with WW, she did not even say a word to me as she was getting and ringing up my coffee. She hung out with the "cool" crowd, but completely ignored WW and myself. In fact when I was ordering, she would continue her conversation with the "cool" kids in the back of the room. She never made eye contact....never. I have never had someone basically say "get the F*** out of my coffee shop because you are not cool enough" without actually saying a word. I don't know why she was that way. The only time she said anything was the first time I went in there just to ask what I wanted. After that. Nothing. Not even a "Thank You Please Come Back."

As far as I am concerned she can close that coffee shop, and move to Belle Meade where she can have that Starbucks attitude and it will be well received.

I fully understand.  If you have not already done so, I would submit that experience to the ratings.  You can't go wrong, as far as defamation is concerned, since your perceived snub is not imagined.  Then, just maybe some eyebrows will be raised (or not), but at least you could glean some resolve from having done so.  It's not as if you'd be fabricating anything, so I do urge that you look into it.

-==-