The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. June 1st, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

I want to echo Daniels comments. Also, including Tony, we had 25 or so folks at this meeting.

That may be the record since the last time Tont met with us 9 years ago. Thanks to all that post and keep us going on this forum.

I just want to remind everyone that anything said at the meeting was done so in strict confidence and if anyone post anything that was brought up, it will be deleted. If we ever want Tony back or other guest we must respect the sensitive information that was shared.

Thanks for your help ahead of time. If anyone notices anything posted, please PM any of the moderators.

• Like 4

I'll tell you everything that I know from the meeting yesterday: 

Apparently, it was awesome.  The end.

Haha seems so :-)

Don't want you to feel slighted.  I feel that, in deference to the (not overly emphasized) commitment to respect Tony G's request, we all should be at least a bit wary on relaying any paraphrased dialog or other dissemination, which potentially could lead to misinformation.  I do believe that one of the moderators will contact one or more of you, in a judicious and informative manner, i really do.  I certainly empathize with those of us who, for the most obvious reasons (e.g. 721 miles or 471 miles or...), as well as for reasons not so apparent, simply had no provision for attending today's meet.

Please try to understand that limiting the channels to being the moderators will help minimize a chance that others of us risk possible"misdoing" of discussion, deliberate or unwitting, without also being mealy-mouth with ambiguity ("P-ing" you off even more, I suppose).

That being said, try initiating contact to one of the moderators by PM, that is, if you have not done so already.  I am confident that you would get a favorable reply. :thumbsup:

-=ricky-rooX=-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 2

Hate that I missed this meet. Niece had a birthday party and I just can't say no to that cute little face. Sounds like it was very informative and hope that what was discussed today will come out officially soon to fill us all in. That's awesome of Tony to do this. Had I been there, I would have wanted to talk about the Boy Scouts (big supporter and I'm an Eagle Scout). 

• Like 1

ok ok .... Signature was actually secretly constructed over the past 3 years and is ready to open, it has been hidden by a giant invisibility cloak that will be removed as part of this years New Years celebration.  take that New York new years eve!

oh, er... forgot about that revelation.  Yeah, that's what it was.

(...and I too thought they'd settle for that)

UTgrad09 was trying to be level with the truth, though.  In addition. to set the mood, we all wore purple Snuggies, so Tony could readily identify us (and perhaps "with" us).

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 2

Friends,

It was quite something to attend yesterday's meeting. I've been fortunate to have been with the group since it officially started meeting in November 2005 and have likely missed only five meetings since. So that's more than 100 urban planet meetings I've attended. That said, this was likely the best we've ever had.

Of the original core group, we had Ron, John and Cliff yesterday. To this trio, I say: You're good people and good friends. Only Todd and the late Dave (may his spirit always live and fill use with appreciation and humility) of that initial group were not with us. I'd also like to recognize a few more "veteran" members of the group for their long-standing attendance and contributions (and who attended yesterday): Brett, Shelby and Stephen, each of whom has been with us for more than five years.

As to Tony, he simply did an outstanding job of explaining everything and then fielding our questions with patience, enthusiasm and specificity. I've know this man since about 2002 and I can honestly say his passion for the city is as impressive as his stellar understanding of the art of large building development. The mark Tony is placing on Nashville is HUGELY significant. And he, like I, is a Led Zep fan (so props for that, TG).

It was a strong year both for the group and for Nashville's manmade environment. 

I'll see everybody in 2015.

WW

I may not have been part of the original group, but I was at the initial meet! :thumbsup: I missed a lot of the rest because I was in Knoxville....but this UrbanPlanet community helped me keep in touch with what was going on.

Also, I didn't know you were a Led Zep fan. Favorite song/album?

• 3 weeks later...