The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. June 1st, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Oh yeah... forgot about that.. Frothy might be okay... still gotta pay to park for those driving but...

Meters are free on weekends, fyi. That street is lined with them.

That location is relatively walkable, btw. Plus, one could hop on the Green or Blue bus and take a quick 30-minute tour of much of the development from the past few days.

EDIT: Oops. Shows what I know. Metro indicates meters are free on Sundays only. I guess you could find some other place to park and then ride one of those buses up to the coffee shop as well!

Edited by Vrtigo

Downtown meters are supposed to be fed on Saturdays, but I know plenty of people who work at TPAC events who park on the street and do NOT pay (I've never been so brave as to risk the ticket).  They insist that the meters are NEVER checked on Saturdays--heck, I'm not sure meters are EVER checked.  I always see lots of meters flashing as expired and almost never a ticket.  Street parking meant as short term for quick business does not really seem to be working in the current setup.

• Like 1

Downtown meters are supposed to be fed on Saturdays, but I know plenty of people who work at TPAC events who park on the street and do NOT pay (I've never been so brave as to risk the ticket).  They insist that the meters are NEVER checked on Saturdays--heck, I'm not sure meters are EVER checked.  I always see lots of meters flashing as expired and almost never a ticket.  Street parking meant as short term for quick business does not really seem to be working in the current setup.

I'm obviously surprised that the meters were not free on Saturdays... I've parked in and around Elliston Place and also the Downtown Y plenty of times on Saturday mornings without any issue whatsoever. The Downtown Y is easy pickin's for those meter cops during the week.

No pun intended: YMMV.

Edited by Vrtigo

Downtown meters are supposed to be fed on Saturdays, but I know plenty of people who work at TPAC events who park on the street and do NOT pay (I've never been so brave as to risk the ticket). They insist that the meters are NEVER checked on Saturdays--heck, I'm not sure meters are EVER checked. I always see lots of meters flashing as expired and almost never a ticket. Street parking meant as short term for quick business does not really seem to be working in the current setup.

My girlfriend and I just moved into the Cumberland a few month ago and there's a metro parking cop that checks every single meter on Capitol Blvd and 6th Ave at 8AM on the dot. I speak from experience. Haha

It does not matter to me as long as it is not Crema, but if you want to go there, that is fine. I could meet up for a walk afterward, but Rachel is not getting a dime from me. WW is interested as well in coming to a mini meet.

Sorry you had a bad experience there, bro. I stop in Crema every morning for my coffee and the staff couldn't be friendlier. No, I'm not a hipster. Like you, I'm picky about service and I go there exactly because the service is so good. Maybe you caught them on a bad day or something, but I bet you'd have a better experience if you went back now. Just sayin