Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Do you have any idea on the hotel brand for the two sites?

Just the educated speculation from Atlrvr, myself, friends of mine, and others on this site.

I imagine the most likely companies in order are...

1. Hyatt with Hyatt Regency at Stonewall and Brevard and an Andaz at Tryon Place

2. Starwood Westin Expansion on Stonewall and Brevard with a W hotel at Tryon Place

3. Mix and match. There are a number of hotel properties that are not in Charlotte. Loews, and Hotel Indigo come to mind.

We have all heard the name Hyatt Regency thrown around in numerous rumors. There HAS to be something to the rumors. 

Yeah, it's not much of a building, but I do hope it remains.  It will unlikely take away from anything Crescent builds, but keeping it out of their hands means they'll have minutely more density but still have the antique building in the mix which the city will some day be glad it has some left.  

• Like 1

IIRC earlier in this thread that building is a Historic Landmark in the city.  I doubt that was part of the Tryon Place planning since I imagine getting approval to tear down a landmark is difficult.

Found some links...

http://www.cmhpf.org/Properties%20Foundation%20Reports/query.html

http://www.charlottemagazine.com/Charlotte-Magazine/February-2012/Old-Masters-A-Look-at-Charlottes-Historic-Buildings/

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

I would say bad, in that they will probably need a greater % pre-leased than before, or bring more equity (and less construction loan).

I would estimate they needed 30% pre-leased before, maybe now 50%?

I do think there could be some obvious tenants though.  Crescent themselves relocating, and maybe Little Architecture moving Uptown (they are currently down I-77 near South Carolina).

Would be nice if they moved the data center from College and MLK, Jr. Blvd over to the building on South Church.  Free up former data center site for a killer convention hotel on the convention center site.  Anyone with me on this?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine works at Duke in 400 South Tryon. He said the coal ash giant just extended its lease in the building and now controls nearly all of the 32-story tower.[/quoteI]

Did he say how long the lease was?

I would love for Duke to be the anchor anchor Tenant for Tryon Place.

http://m.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/05/notebook-a-few-thoughts-on-the-300-south-tryon.html

^I find it interesting that Duke Energy is speculated to be the anchor tenant for Tryon Place. That would put them in two signature uptown towers.

All I can say is that this does not bode well for Raleigh.

As a part of the Duke/Progress merger, I believe there was a deal to keep somewhere north of 1000 employees in downtown Raleigh. However I seem to recall that this deal was only for a limited time, meaning it would expire in 2017. If Duke really is planning on moving all these positions to Charlotte, now would be the time to get something concrete going as far as office space for these people.

• Like 3