Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

14 hours ago, GoingUptown said:

Here’s a photo from the Ally Charlotte Center Twitter account.  The area with this transplanted tree and retail space, along with that Charlotte lettered sign with the crown, looks really awesome.  Hopefully that comes to fruition.  It would be a really popular photo spot for visitors, for sure. 

B0944647-34FE-46EE-B12F-719BA8A9653C.jpeg

I noticed the little building near the corner on Stonewall (to the left of the tree) when I drove by last week.  What is it supposed to be used for? It didnt look like the Stonewall side had plans for a door or windows.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYtoCLT said:

I noticed the little building near the corner on Stonewall (to the left of the tree) when I drove by last week.  What is it supposed to be used for? It didnt look like the Stonewall side had plans for a door or windows.

I think there might be a walk up window on the stonewall side. We will see what its used for, if seems like it was scaled back considerably, so I'm thinking coffee and small sandwiches. Bryant Park has similar sized permanent structures, one is a bar, the other is a sandwich shop.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

I think there might be a walk up window on the stonewall side. We will see what its used for, if seems like it was scaled back considerably, so I'm thinking coffee and small sandwiches. Bryant Park has similar sized permanent structures, one is a bar, the other is a sandwich shop.

Not enough space for the tiniest shake shack? 

image.thumb.png.0153c4cbb3572f8152d80b49e1ba1b40.png

Edited by tozmervo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Not enough space for the tiniest shake shack? 

image.thumb.png.0153c4cbb3572f8152d80b49e1ba1b40.png

That shake shack is probably has 3x the indoor space. I thought it would have been a good spot for a shake shack initially as well. Now its just barely larger than Jeni's in South End

Edited by Guest

20 hours ago, NYtoCLT said:

The Stonewall side isn’t able to have doors because of the elevation change.  They want the foot traffic into the plaza, so the doors will be there on that side.  We’ll see what comes in there, but I expect a small snack/bakery/ice cream shop.  Something like that, I’m sure intended again to draw some foot traffic into the plaza. 

6 hours ago, theronhobbs said:

Now that this rendering is fresh again, it looks like the hotel stair volume is not going to receive curtain wall as the conceptual rendering depicts. That's a big blank wall facing the plaza now, per the latest progress photos. Unfortunate.

I noticed that, as well, and hopefully the rendering isn’t exactly accurate.  They may want to have depicted the staircase there, for whatever reason.  Heck, they seem to have several Christmas trees depicted on various floors inside the Ally Charlotte Center building, so the rendering can’t be entirely taken at 100% accuracy.  :tw_lol:

• Like 1