Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

So when do we think these construction sites get shut down due to the coronavirus? Or is that already happening?

The construction industry is considered to be an essential service at this time, a lot of the building industry partners - ABC, AGC, etc. - are fighting for this. I don't really see how this will change as long as new hospitals and other healthcare facilities need to be constructed to fight the pandemic.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Sigh, I guess that means this is the final crown after all. Wonder where they will put all the LED screens.

What was the sqft approved for the LED screens? Do we know for sure they were supposed to be incorporated with the crown or could the LED screens be placed lower near street level or used as screening for the parking deck or something? 300ST has a LED video board outside but that’s really small. I’m assuming this is a fairly substantial sqfootage.

Also, is that second level outdoor terrace above the corner retail spot part of the office’s outdoor space or part of the available retail space?

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

2 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

What was the sqft approved for the LED screens? Do we know for sure they were supposed to be incorporated with the crown or could the LED screens be placed lower near street level or used as screening for the parking deck or something? 300ST has a LED video board outside but that’s really small. I’m assuming this is a fairly substantial sqfootage.

Also, is that second level outdoor terrace above the corner retail spot part of the office’s outdoor space or part of the available retail space?

it was like 4,000-6000 sq feet per side.

Edited by Guest

With how translucent that material is in the crown, could probably install the LED panels on the inside and still be vibrant. Salesforce towers are installed interior but that material is perforated metal think. From the stock ticker at WF to Epientres video boards, I welcome any and all to Uptown...wish we had more tbh. I hope Ally’s crown utilizes LEDs in some way though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cltheel.sdl said:

Looks like the top would blow off in a storm...

I thought the same thing  a downburst or strong front those pieces could be flying all over uptown.  Hopefully it is more secure than that and heavier than I think. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

For some ungodly reason, Goldman has a giant operations hub out in Utah I had to go visit a few years ago.  Long and short, connected with Jeff Brown when he was still just the CFO of Ally in everything but name only, and we bonded over Clemson Football and Krispy Kreme donuts.  

When I saw that this was the final crown on the site a few weeks (maybe a month or two now; time has dilated weirdly during this pandemic), I called JB and was like, dude, WTF is that?

Apparently, Ally had heard of toilet paper hoarding in China, so the "crown" is designed to make it look like toilet paper, and starting tomorrow, Ally is gonna give away a case of toilet paper with any new opened account (kinda like banks used to do with toasters); the crown is a reminder that Ally is your ally at the bank and in the bathroom. Crazy like a fox that one is.

Salt Lake, Jacksonville, and DFW, along with Charlotte, are all considered significant banking hubs outside of NYC.  A lot of financial institutions have operations in SLC.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Yo Diaz! said:

Yeah I was wondering about that. It’s hard to tell from the picture but the “hat” is like 16-20 tall. (And the dang elevator housing and mechanical room still sticks above it emoji37.png)
I didn’t post some other pictures I have, but it is actually braced and anchored very well all over the place. And the steel for it all is larger than I thought it would be.

Do you have any insight on where the LED boards are going (if at all)?