Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I like it. I think the most important aspect of this project is the street level experience plus a quality hotel. This angle really highlights how Tryon Place doesn't need to be a star on the south end of the skyline given that it will be surrounded by DEC, Legacy Tower and Duke's project at 509.  

• Like 1

I don't know that the super high res has been posted here. I think when you really look at this guy up close. And really take in its various details, its actually pretty stunning. I'm all aboard the Tryon Place Train

Crescent-Tower.jpg

35 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

That circular Plaza, instead of a tree, should be an iconic statue. The airport Queen Charlotte statue would be awesome there 

I agree.

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Added a Hotel to the mix. Now to me... that looks transformative.

image.thumb.png.31d5c4e76a7f3d5fa99ef56185319c0e.png

That small change to the roofline alone would make an enormous difference.

I gather that you're giving us a tip about the hotel, Rick.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I agree.

That small change to the roofline alone would make an enormous difference.

I gather that you're giving us a tip about the hotel, Rick.

Not a tip about the hotel. Just maybe a tip to the level of prestige.

Edited by Guest

Added a Hotel to the mix. Now to me... that looks transformative.
 image.thumb.png.31d5c4e76a7f3d5fa99ef56185319c0e.png

I love it! I know we’re just critiquing a dream here but I’d switch the “pitch” to the opposite direction as to appear taller in the skyline from the interstate. Also, pivot the hotel 30 degrees or so, that way the Westin and it don’t make a flat wall. Would add some neat depth and not hide the Westin’s cutouts (because I’m sure Crescent would be worried about that...)
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Cadi40 said:

Cannot wait till I can see the parking deck from the Freeway. They better do something with it because that is the first impression of Uptown.

Jayvee said it won't look like what's seen in the rendering, and he and Rick seem to know what's going on. Having seen this new angle, I think that this site will turn out very nicely.

The parking deck looks "transformative" for sure. 

Guys chill the fudge out. Stop with the parking deck talk. Remember that crescent is spending out the teeth to shield the deck at Novel Stonewall. They will do the same on Tryon Place. Back off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Guys chill the fudge out. Stop with the parking deck talk. Remember that crescent is spending out the teeth to shield the deck at Novel Stonewall. They will do the same on Tryon Place. Back off.

The same Crescent who gave us a gorgeous 21st Century skyscraper to hope for three years ago and now we're getting a 1970s box? That the same Crescent you're talking about?

The same Crescent who gave us a gorgeous 21st Century skyscraper to hope for three years ago and now we're getting a 1970s box? That the same Crescent you're talking about?

This isn’t tall. It isn’t skyline defining. It’s not going to make an impact. It will be lost in the skyline once Duke and Legacy Union are built out; and even more so if Southend builds out. If it were a more prominent location or were taller it would need to be more impactful; but as it stands, a rectangle is the most efficient design.

300ST, for example, looks nice because it prominently stands out in the skyline from Romare and the ballpark. If it were tucked behind another tower, there’d be no point to the crown.

As long as the street level turns out as promised, I’ll be happy.

• Like 4

Well I tweeted it to the boss man. Maybe we will give them some insipriation. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It was a joke. Calm down! I know you might be invested in this project somehow, but learn to take criticism even if it's a joke. 

It was a joke. Calm down! I know you might be invested in this project somehow, but learn to take criticism even if it's a joke. 

It’s the last 8 people complaining about the parking deck in the rendering after it was clearly said it won’t look like that. Gets annoying. Agreed it looks like garbage. If it turns out like that I’ll join the front of the line with a torch. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. Not sure why. Novel stonewall station looks like crap, but I firmly respect Crescents Commercial division and I think they’ll do this right.

Honestly I really could care less about the parking garage at the end of the day as long as the retail and the transformation of this area makes up for it. I don't think anyone other than Charlotte fanatics like ourselves really look into that much detail especially when going 60 on the freeway. I'm excited for this project and I think it will turn out wonderful and a significant impact will be made in that area regardless of how the tower looks. 

• Like 3

Honestly I really could care less about the parking garage at the end of the day as long as the retail and the transformation of this area makes up for it. I don't think anyone other than Charlotte fanatics like ourselves really look into that much detail especially when going 60 on the freeway. I'm excited for this project and I think it will turn out wonderful and a significant impact will be made in that area regardless of how the tower looks. 

I think you’d be very surprised, more than just people on this board are aware of the look of massive parking decks. I never thought so many people cared, until I started contributing on C5 about the topic.

There’s a reason Development is a pretty popular beat in charlotte media. People care what’s being built in their backyard. There’s a ton of civic pride and charlotteans want nothing but the best for their community