Name that restaurant /other locale

BreakfastPills

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEW QUIZ: Name a restaurant in the west end on a busy street near a shopping center that was built at least 30 years ago for the purpose it serves. It's famous for its barbeque and has expanded in recent years to the south side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it! Melito's has been there for a few decades and is fairly basic food at fairly basic prices. Last I checked, chili dogs were one of the top sellers.

Right you are, boys. EXTRA BILLY'S SMOKEHOUSE & BREWERY. The original (near Willow Lawn) is at 5205 West Broad, and the southside version is at 1110 Alverser Drive (near Bookbinders and the multiplex cinema).

NEW QUIZ: Name and locate a restaurant/bar bordering Scotts Addition that opened within the last 10 years. Some publications list it under The Museum District. It is probably most popular for its pool tables.

NEW QUIZ: (but this one is not about restaurants, as permitted in the title of this thread :) ):

In Metro Richmond Statistical population area, how many autombile bridges cross the James River? Name and/or identify by location, please.

The area I speak of includes the following 13 juristictions:

Charles City; Chesterfield; Colonial Heights; Dinwiddie; Goochland; Hanover; Henrico; Hopewell; New Kent; Petersburg; Powhatan; Prince George, and Richmond.

Note that the James River does not flow through all of these counties/cities.

And for a bonus, how many rail bridges cross the James?

Hahaha. This one will keep y'all busy for a while.

And, for an added bonuus, what is the estimated population of this area?

PS: I believe Amelia, Cumberland, Louisa, Sussex and perhaps a couple of other counties are listed in some statistical Metro Richmond groupings, but they are not included in this quiz.

NEW QUIZ: (but this one is not about restaurants, as permitted in the title of this thread :) ):

In Metro Richmond Statistical population area, how many autombile bridges cross the James River? Name and/or identify by location, please.

The area I speak of includes the following 13 juristictions:

Charles City; Chesterfield; Colonial Heights; Dinwiddie; Goochland; Hanover; Henrico; Hopewell; New Kent; Petersburg; Powhatan; Prince George, and Richmond.

Note that the James River does not flow through all of these counties/cities.

And for a bonus, how many rail bridges cross the James?

Hahaha. This one will keep y'all busy for a while.

And, for an added bonuus, what is the estimated population of this area?

PS: I believe Amelia, Cumberland, Louisa, Sussex and perhaps a couple of other counties are listed in some statistical Metro Richmond groupings, but they are not included in this quiz.

Hahaha. This one made you scratch your head, BP. :lol: And your guesses are pretty good.

There are 3 rail crossings: The beautiful and graceful CSX Belt Line near Powhite; Norfolk Southern's span from near Vistas across the western tip of Mayo Island, to the south shore of the James, and the old Seaboard Airline (now CSX) mainline from Main Street Station across the eastern tip of Mayo Island to a site called Rocketts Junction just south of the James.

I think your population speculation is close to the actual figure for the detailed area.

But you're wrong about the car crossings:

Is it 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 or 19? :ph34r:

Here's a hint to the number of bridge crossings:

The westernmost is US522 known as Maiden's Bridge connecting Goochland and Powhatan. The easternmost is the bridge that connects Charles City County to Jordans Point near Hopewell in Prince George County.

Archived