Raleigh photos

Raleigh-NC

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the top floor has always been a resturant, I'm pretty sure it never revolved, nor are there plans for it to do so. Also I think the renovation of the top floor will halve the space of the resturant. It's a shame because it is the best view of Raleigh from a publicly acessable place. It could (and should) really be a top notch resturant. :(

Thanks everyone. I got up there through a roundabout connection. It all started when Raleigh organization used some of my previous photos in an unauthorized manner, but all turned out well. This was a by-product.

As for the top of the Clarion, I didn't think it revolved either. If it did, it would have to internally. That building is my next target for photos though. I've been waiting forever for them to complete the renovations.

not a problem, im going to update pics probably on a monthly basis for projects happening around downtown. The new condos progress energy was required to build in exchange for a parking deck is starting shortly, and will be finished by spring 2006. I cant wait till fayetteville st is opened back up, I really hope to see alot of development spur from that and hopefully a good nightlife scene will take place there like glenwood south, people walking the streets, limos and stuff down the street would be great to see. So ill be taking pictures of that, the convention center, paramount, quorum center, and convention hotel (dont like the design of the hotel by the way) looks like a suburban hotel or airport hotel, i was hoping a little bit more upscale.

• 2 weeks later...

Great pictures of The City of Oaks, and perfect timing with the train! I assume they were taken from the Boylan bridge?

Am I alone in thinking that the lighting scheme for Wachovia Capitol Center should be jazzed up some? It is a very pretty building and at night it looks rather drab from a distance because there's nothing illuminating it.

I agree!

Once upon a time I made some illustration that i thought wouldn't look too bad. I'm not sure how they would implement it though:

wachlight.jpg

Theres enough of a 'setback' on the roof to at least try something

Archived