Raleigh photos

Raleigh-NC

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the panoramic picture. it makes it look like the NCSU belltower and D.H. Hill Library are all right in the middle of downtown. If that was taken from the 64 bypass that would put it about 3.5 miles from Fayetteville Street, 5.5 miles from D.H. Hill, and 7.5 miles from the Fairgrounds - but thanks to the zoom, it's as if those places are all right next to each other. Neat :)

• 1 month later...

raleigh_skyline_35.jpg

It seems that a "ghost" of Glen-Tree somehow made it into your picture of downtown, Flash. However did such a thing happen? :D

By my estimation, you have that placed about where the Reynolds building would go. Am I correct?

If only, if only.

Beautiful pics, by the way. If you're not pro already you should be.

First off, incredible shots!

Secondly, that view of downtown at night from the train tracks is really cool.

Lastly, I counted more than 15 floors on the Quorum. Did they add more floors to this project? For whatever reason, I remember hearing 15...

I counted 15?

I think the first few parking garage levels may have thrown me off in one of the shots. The first floor must be a high ceiling.

In the shot of the Quorum with the girl on the streetside, it looks like a Christmas tree on the roof...anyone else see that???

Thanks guys.

I noticed that Christmas tree on the top too, Avery.

IMG_9100.jpg

It appears so far that the real thing hasn't deviated much from the rendering:

raleigh_skyline_16.jpg

qrender.jpg

Seeing the brick facade starting to go up kind of makes me wish they would've chosen something else for the exterior. It would blend well next to the NCSU library, or the Sheraton.

Anyone else notice that One Hannover is now One Bank of America Plaza:

IMG_9339.jpg

I <3 your pictures.

One place that the Quorum building looks really great is going south down the hill on St. Mary's St at the intersection of Peace St. It really is prominent on the skyline from that perspective, and you can still see all the other buildings. You should check out that location for a few shots, if you ever have the chance.

^That angle was the basis for my rendering on my website before the Quroum went up. I actually meant to get over there and take another shot to update what it looks like in reality. I believe my estimation had it looking shorter than its going to be from that vantage point.

Seeing the brick facade starting to go up kind of makes me wish they would've chosen something else for the exterior. It would blend well next to the NCSU library, or the Sheraton.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw your photo. From the looks of the rendering, it appears that it will be brick all the way up. Hopefully it will look better than what I am picturing in my head. I guess the architect was trying to blend it in with the warehouses in that part of town. I would have favored using another material in conjunction with brick to add some luster to it.

Archived