Raleigh photos

Raleigh-NC

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Next in my series are photos of N. Raleigh -- an area well known for its out of control sprawl. Enjoy.

We'll start with my apartment complex. Yes, I live in suburbia LOL.

Picture026.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Capital Boulevard.. Wake County's planning disaster.

Picture053.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

OH MY F**KING GOD!!

These cookie cutters are cutting my eyeballs. Subdivision off Buffaloe Rd.

Picture016.jpg

Picture013.jpg

High voltage cancer houses LOL.

Picture027.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Around Wakefield Plantation...

Living in the "Hills" of Raleigh

Picture038.jpg

What's with this cell phone tower imitating a pine tree. I didn't know loblolly pines could grow to 150 feet tall. LOL

Picture054.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Some neighborhoods off Glenwood Avenue and Creedmoor Road.

Cutters Cutting

Picture052.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Raleigh is surprisingly hilly.

Descending into the Crabtree Valley. The mall sits at the bottom.. .and they wonder why it floods.

Picture015.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Glenwood Avenue

Picture004.jpg

Crabtree Valley Mall

Picture060.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Triangle Town Center Mall

Picture051.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture034.jpg

The Beltline...look brick sound walls :-)

Picture037.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Falls of the Neuse Road

Picture014.jpg

Your tour guide...

Picture009.jpg

^ at least Meeker and councilors Stephenson and Crowder live ITB. I grew up in southern North Raleigh, or midtown :rolleyes: Raleigh, and I really hate that garbage developers are throwing up over in NE Raleigh and elsewhere. I know I've become a DT snob but it's hard to imagine people wanting to live in a cookie-cutter neighborhood like that.

The pics are good, though all taken from inside a car LOL.

Where is the Wal Mart in the picture? Plantation Pointe? I was at the TTC Best Buy on Saturday, but didn't think to go one block further north.

I often use Atlantic as a good Capital Blvd. substitute. Or Raleigh Blvd, though you have to use Brentwood to get back on to Capital, where the "boulevard" turns into Skycrest. Or take New Hope, which is often congested as well.

The area from Brier Creek to Capitol is "North Raleigh", a lot bigger than the whole city was until the 70s or 80s. The Highwoods stretch just north of 440 between Atlantic and Capitol (with the RBC Centura building) looks like a Buckhead wannabe, but that never happened there.

As shown in the pictures, some builders don't offer garages as options, while others force you into a "snout house". Neither has behind the house parking via garage or alley. Do people really like to show off what they're driving, or do they not care enough to ask for alternate layouts?

It is interesting that time has passed the Mini City area (and points south) by, as development is now at 540 to the north, and along the Glenwood corridor. Is there no incentive to make the Starmount shopping center near Mayflower/Adventure Landing/Cookout better?

I noticed a month or so ago that the shopping center with the Burlington Coat Factory just south of the US 1/401 split lost its Applebees. The Vincents Pizza reopened elsewhere, Dicks moved to TTC (though that was probably a temp location), etc. Is that a "bad" area or just unlucky?

Great pictures, but definately scary ones! I grew up there, and I'm so much happier now in my cheap, old apartment ITB/downtown.

I despise the lack of uniqueness in the homes and shopping centers and the traffic ridden streets. I try not to venture to N. Raleigh very much.

Archived