Statesboro Development News

andremurra

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plans are under review by the City, I would expect to hear something official within the next month or so.

The "dirt pushing" is just preparing the site and leveling the ground. In case anyone was wondering what the dug out area next the Garden District Apartments is all about, that is a detention pond/area.

I know.

It's not Holiday Inn, that is being constructed next to Franklin Toyota on Commerce Drive.

There is an existing hampton inn on Fair road. its an older hotel. There is the hotel on south main that is getting a major renovation. I'm not sure what brand it will be when finished, could be sleep inn. Does anyone have the answer for that? I think there was an article in the herald some time ago talking about that renovation project.

There are already alot of hotels. Though I will admit most of them are outdated and some are pretty much apartment complexes now.

I don't see how all these old and new hotels will survive. I guessing most of the profit comes from football season and graduation times. I suppose they make enough money then to get them through the summer. I just wouldn't want to see the hotels that are old become rundown and trashy. There are some like that now.

I'd rather see those be torn down and replaced, whether it be by another hotel or not.

Any idea where the new Hampton is going?

I know I posted a few months ago that the 67 corner was most likely a Springhill Suites. Truth is, I am not certain that the 67 corner is the location of the SS, but I do know a SS is coming to Statesboro because I saw some site-plan documents concerning it. Im just guessing that 67 is the location since they keep saying that its going to be an upscale brand for Statesboro. The specs also matched those specified in the Statesboro Herald. I also saw similar documents about the Sleep Inn, but I am not sure where that one will be either. The Guest Inn is going to be the Quality Inn. Hampton is definitely selling its current Statesboro location since Hilton is phasing out all of its 'Exterior Hamptons' within the next two years. I hadnt heard anything about a new Hampton coming to Statesboro but my best friend would definitely know about that. One of my sources also said something about a second Holiday Inn Express, and that it was going to be a remodel of a current hotel. I wonder if that's what the current Hampton Inn will become since it used to be a Holiday Inn. Thats all I know about hotels in Statesboro at this time.

I'm glad we'll be getting a new Hampton. When they first came out with the new prototype, I stayed at one of the first ones and I was impressed. The exterior was amazing, and the interior was even better. I thought I was at some 4-star hotel. The breakfast area was huge with stained glass windows, high ceilings, plasma tv's, and a good buffet. You could only get in the rear or side entrances of the hotel with your key card. The rooms were amazing too and had alot of high-quality materials in them. Maybe all of the newer hotels are like this. I'm not sure, I rarely stay in hotels.

I've never stayed in a Sleep Inn. I've heard they're kind of like a Comfort Inn, just cheaper.

I don't see the old Hampton Inn becoming a second HI Express. They're mostly hotels, not motels. I've only seen the one in Metter as a motel, but it looked like an older Holiday Inn. Also, it's right there at the current one. You can practically see it from the Hampton Inn. The only place I can think of being remodeled is the LaQuinta, but that was just rebadged 2 or 3 years ago.

I'd really like to see the new Hampton Inn being built where the existing one is. I think it'd look pretty cool to have a 3-4 story building in the back infront of the trees. It's in a good location.

yeah theres not a chance that hampton will turn into the holiday inn express... Intercontintial is very picky...they really dont like dealing with exterior properties ....plus i doubt the hotel owner for the holiday inn will allow it to happen, since he has the flag already ..he can do it - but he wont .....

Edited by 109investments

Travel Plaza Proposed for I-16 Interchange

Flying J is proposing a 22-acre fuel/restaurant depot on the northeast corner of Highway 301 South and I-16. It will boost 2.6 million dollars in tax revenues to the county and employ 60 people, with pay exceeding $1.15 million a year. If everything goes smoothly, construction should begin in October.

article: http://www.statesboroherald.com/news/article/3576/

Edited by MorganA15

I saw this in the paper. I haven't seen or heard of any plans for this project.

How many chicken places can Statesboro support? We got Zaxbys, Popeyes, Chick-fila, Shugs, KFC, soon Bojangles, and now soon Goodbirds.

I suppose they all have their own flavor. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm beginning to get tired of chicken.

Edited by nova72asu

Hwy 67 and Bypass is the Springhill Suites. The new SCVB brochure lists SS as coming soon, 113 rooms, at 67 and Bypass. So it feels good to know that one my of sources from six months ago was right. Also about the Shellhouse, who thinks thats going to be the new Hooters? Everyone on campus is talking about the Hooters, and someone from one of my public administration classes who works for City Hall stated in class that Hooters IS coming to Statesboro. So Im thinking its going to be a post-Shellhouse Hooters, unless anyone else knows something about it.

Remember this?

Cedar Development, LLC. plans to develop the 44.1 acre parcel on the West side of Northside Drive West, the North side of Stockyard Road, and the East side of Miller Street. This is in the close vicinity of the property Walmart purchased at the intersection of Veterens Memorial Parkway and Northside Drive West. The proposed residential community will consist of 190 townhomes.
Edited by MorganA15

I did some random googling last night, and came up with this.

At first, I thought it might have been Chili's, but the bidding happened this month, and this store is 6,000 square feet rather than the 5,000 for Chili's.

So I'm not sure what it is, or where it is. They have it at the Walmart distribution center, and I doubt they're getting a restaurant.

You can't always go by the location maps in BidClerk, at least what they display for non-members. Here in Macon, they're showing new hotel construction, single family residential, and a 750,000 square foot retail center all in an exiting, high-end residential neighborhood.

Maybe everything within the same zip code is mapped to the same location?

Edited by MorganA15

I did some random googling last night, and came up with this.

At first, I thought it might have been Chili's, but the bidding happened this month, and this store is 6,000 square feet rather than the 5,000 for Chili's.

So I'm not sure what it is, or where it is. They have it at the Walmart distribution center, and I doubt they're getting a restaurant.

I was stopped at the 67 red light this morning, and I looked over and saw this:

060107101700en5.jpg

I don't know if you can tell or not, but it says Marriot (I guess they missed a t) on all of them. Still confused as why there's not a coming soon sign up yet. Eh.

On my way back this afternoon, I noticed trees being cleared by ProLube. I looked and saw where that piece had been sold in November. I wonder what's going there. Not that big of a lot.