Statesboro Development News

andremurra

Im not sure what intersection your talking about when you refer to Hwy 301/Brannen Road - especially since The Exchange is located no where near Hwy 301. I am disappointed that two hotels are not being announced, but I am glad that they claim that one "really nice" hotel is coming. Really nice for Statesboro, could mean anything unfortuneatly, but Im hoping for the best. I dont think we need ANY traffic lights near market district. That Brampton/Fair intersection is only one of the most easiest left-turn intersections in Statesboro - the six lanes make the area flow very smoothly. The bypass certainly doesnt need anymore stops in my opinion. The whole point of the bypass was to be a quicker route around Statesboro. Its about the same travel time now as it is to go straight through these days - but it did bring a lot of commercial development, so thats good. We'll get another bypass eventually.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for a high-end Marriott brand, a Hilton Garden Inn, or maybe a Hyatt Place (even though it's a lower Hyatt brand, it still looks like it may be too upscale for Statesboro).

I'm wondering how big that out-parcel will be, considering it takes less than 1.5 acres to build a hotel. I just keep hoping restaurants will forget about the whole alcohol ordinance and build here. I mean, Applebees and Ruby Tuesday's is successful.

Now that corner parcel across the road to get developed. It doesn't look too big, maybe big enough for a fast food restaurant. Maybe we can get a Backyard Burgers.

And I agree, I'd hate to see another traffic light go up. I'm already going to hate to see the one go up at Akins Blvd.

Thanks

I took the time yesterday to read this entire thread. There are a couple of things I can add. The new police department is just that, just for the police. No jail in other words. On a related note, construction has just taken off on the addition to the jail on 301 North. They are adding over 300 beds there for a total over 400. The other thing is the new bank. I was told over the weekend that this may only be a loan institution and not a full service bank for this area. Could be wrong about that but thought I'd share it anyway.

Edited by theBoro

Was out and about today.....

Alot of dirt being moved at the Bruster's Ice Cream construction site, so that project has begun.

Also the animal hospital on Brampton is coming along nicely, sheet rock was being delivered.

Barberitos' sign was being installed.

And work continues at the future restaurant on West Main Street. The name evades me at the moment.

I noticed a few days ago that they're moving pretty fast on Bruster's. I'm hoping that they're not going to finish this one first then move to Starbucks.

I've been waiting too long for Statesboro to get one, then have to wait for them to build an ice cream shop first (and anyway, it's winter for crying out loud).

I noticed a few days ago that they're moving pretty fast on Bruster's. I'm hoping that they're not going to finish this one first then move to Starbucks.

I've been waiting too long for Statesboro to get one, then have to wait for them to build an ice cream shop first (and anyway, it's winter for crying out loud).

Edited by andremurra

Every now and then I check the Dabbs-Williams website since they do alot of the projects around town. I checked tonight on the current projects, and they had a few updates on Tillman Park, the Comfort Inn addition, and the Brampton Animal Hospital (even though the pictures are a little old on all of them).

There was one project I saw that was new, Chops Restaurant. Come to find out it's a steakhouse that's going downtown on West Main Street.

Pretty exciting that a steakhouse is going downtown.

Edited by MorganA15

Does anybody know what ever happened to that "mixed-use" (that's kind of what it was) development that was going up between Jones Mill Road and East Main Street?

When it was being talked about, the owner was talking with a developer from somewhere like Atlanta to get some plans together. That's been a few years ago.

I remember going by there a few months ago and seeing that land was up for sale. That was a project I was really looking forward to. :(

Does anybody know what ever happened to that "mixed-use" (that's kind of what it was) development that was going up between Jones Mill Road and East Main Street?

When it was being talked about, the owner was talking with a developer from somewhere like Atlanta to get some plans together. That's been a few years ago.

I remember going by there a few months ago and seeing that land was up for sale. That was a project I was really looking forward to. :(

Woodlands Square Update

The article gave a brief update on Woodlands Square. As of now, it's 70 percent leased, and expected to be 100 percent leased by summer.

The best part of this whole article?

And, Parker has already sold the out parcel portion of the development to someone who is finalizing plans for a restaurant. According to Parker, it is a franchise of a national restaurant chain.
Edited by MorganA15

Another new subdivision going up on Cawana Road - I dont have the exact details, but it should be in an upcoming City Council minutes, or Bulloch County minutes. This subdivision will be directly across the street from Bradford Place, where earliar a development of duplex townhomes was proposed. This new development will be a "village" type community of homes with many amenities provided such as landscape maintenance, etc. This is the pond property.

Another new subdivision going up on Cawana Road - I dont have the exact details, but it should be in an upcoming City Council minutes, or Bulloch County minutes. This subdivision will be directly across the street from Bradford Place, where earliar a development of duplex townhomes was proposed. This new development will be a "village" type community of homes with many amenities provided such as landscape maintenance, etc. This is the pond property.

Work on old BMH put on Hold

Work on remodeling the newest portion of the old Bulloch Memorial Hospital that was kept during demolition won't be happening for a while, as Bulloch County Commissioners rejected all bids submitted. With a budget of 2.9 - 3.2 million dollars, the lowest bid exceeded that number, with it being 4.755 million. It was said that it would be cheaper just to demolish the building, and build a new facility.

Commissioners voted to table the issue until the February 1 meeting.

article: http://www.statesboroherald.com/news/article/1956/

I had completely forgotten about this project. I disappointed that they tore down the entire hospital. I knew that the original building was in bad shape and needed to be tore down, but I wished that they would have kept the newer building. They could have renovated it and turned it into office space and what they didn't use, lease to others. It was a nice looking hospital.