CONSTRUCTION THREAD: TD Bank Regional Headquarters Campus

g-man430

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the updates guys! I can't wait to see how the water feature adds to the campus.

Side note:

Who painted the roadway behind the Carolina First Campus? The traffic circle closest to Salters Rd has the approach arrows telling you can go to the LEFT around a traffic circle that only allows for traffic to flow to the RIGHT... It bugs me every time I see it.

I don't mean to add to the negative outlook being cast here on TSFG, but...seriously - one thing that somewhat puzzles me is that these jobs, as I recall, were going to primarily be Information Technology jobs. It's surprising that TSFG would be "bucking the trend" so to speak and employing its I.T. here instead of outsourcing it to overseas areas like everyone else is doing? Being an I.T. guy, I shouldn't complain, I guess...but it's puzzling none-the-less. :huh:

Nah he just like to show his negative attitude towards everything. He will eat those words when this job is done and people go to working in those buildings.

I challenge you to prove that I have a negative attitude about everything. Look through any of these threads and prove your point. I am a very postitive person. I am just being realistic about what is going on at TSFG.

I challenge you to prove that I have a negative attitude about everything. Look through any of these threads and prove your point. I am a very postitive person. I am just being realistic about what is going on at TSFG.

Honestly if I had the time to do that I would but I got better more important things to do. Are you sure your not the same G-man from SSC?

• 1 month later...

Someone tried to tell me today that construction on the Carolina First campus has been halted. Can anyone verify that? This would not surprise me as i have said on the board before that I didn't think anyone from that bank would ever move into the facility. But I did think they would finish the construction.

Someone tried to tell me today that construction on the Carolina First campus has been halted. Can anyone verify that? This would not surprise me as i have said on the board before that I didn't think anyone from that bank would ever move into the facility. But I did think they would finish the construction.

The answer to your question is no. The money to build the campus was acquired before construction ever started. Why do you think nobody from the bank would move into the new facility? It will create 600 new jobs.

I drove by yesterday morning and there was plenty of activity on site.

The answer to your question is no. The money to build the campus was acquired before construction ever started. Why do you think nobody from the bank would move into the new facility? It will create 600 new jobs.

The reason I think nobody from the bank will move into the facility is because of the financial woes of TSFG. As for creating 600 jobs, TSFG has already laid off many since the announcement of the new campus was announced. By the way, I am glad the story I heard is incorrect. I am one hoping this bank survives since so many lives in our area would be affected. They also contribute many dollars to local charitable causes.

The reason I think nobody from the bank will move into the facility is because of the financial woes of TSFG. As for creating 600 jobs, TSFG has already laid off many since the announcement of the new campus was announced. By the way, I am glad the story I heard is incorrect. I am one hoping this bank survives since so many lives in our area would be affected. They also contribute many dollars to local charitable causes.

Financial woes? What bank doesn't have that right now? Look at Wachovia and Bank of America. They're having problems too, but they're also building new highrises in Charlotte for additional employees. The tax incentives the city, county, and state gave to Carolina First guarantees at least 600 new jobs.

Swung by there this morning and business as usual. Guys on cherry pickers and crane working on the round building. Plenty of activity. TSFG may be having a rough patch, but not anymore than any other bank. The entire US banking industry at the moment is in rough shape. From what I hear though, TSFG has been doing the right things to weather the current economic climate.

Financial woes? What bank doesn't have that right now? Look at Wachovia and Bank of America. They're having problems too, but they're also building new highrises in Charlotte for additional employees. The tax incentives the city, county, and state gave to Carolina First guarantees at least 600 new jobs.

Again, first let me say that I hope this bank makes it. Also, I am not a former employee. I am a banker, but do not consider Carolina First as a competitor. Heck, I never fun into any of their bankers any longer. Bottom line TSFG has had big problems for a couple of years now. Yes, the banking industry is suffering. But TSFG's problems are much deeper than what is happening as a whole in the banking industry. They are losing money big time. Their ROA and ROE and been awful for years and is even worse now. They have very few local bankers. Most have left because of the management style of Mack Whittle. You guys might want to go on yahoo.com and under financials put in TFSG. On the left hand side you can click on the message board for this stock. Believe me, the stockholders and employees of this bank are in an uproar. The state of S.C. will never have to pay out any tax incentives because no new jobs will be created. This bank has been laying off employees for three years now. They have not and wlll not be adding new jobs. Again I will predict that this bank will not be around to move into the new campus when it is completed. I pray I am wrong. I pray this bank will survive. I pray that many of our local banker friends will be able to save their jobs. I pray that Carolina First will continue to support the local community. But I am afraid it is too late for this bank. It will not survive. It's just a matter of time.

Again, first let me say that I hope this bank makes it. Also, I am not a former employee. I am a banker, but do not consider Carolina First as a competitor. Heck, I never fun into any of their bankers any longer. Bottom line TSFG has had big problems for a couple of years now. Yes, the banking industry is suffering. But TSFG's problems are much deeper than what is happening as a whole in the banking industry. They are losing money big time. Their ROA and ROE and been awful for years and is even worse now. They have very few local bankers. Most have left because of the management style of Mack Whittle. You guys might want to go on yahoo.com and under financials put in TFSG. On the left hand side you can click on the message board for this stock. Believe me, the stockholders and employees of this bank are in an uproar. The state of S.C. will never have to pay out any tax incentives because no new jobs will be created. This bank has been laying off employees for three years now. They have not and wlll not be adding new jobs. Again I will predict that this bank will not be around to move into the new campus when it is completed. I pray I am wrong. I pray this bank will survive. I pray that many of our local banker friends will be able to save their jobs. I pray that Carolina First will continue to support the local community. But I am afraid it is too late for this bank. It will not survive. It's just a matter of time.

Do you really think anybody is going to buy the bolded part in your post? You work at a bank that is not Carolina First but don't consider them a competitor. That is the biggest bunch of BS i've ever heard. I recommend picking up a copy of this week's Greenville Journal and read the story on the front page for the facts regarding Carolina First and TSFG. Do you have any proof this bank won't survive and won't create any new jobs? Did you hear about Bank of America planning to lay off 7,500 employees nationwide?

Do you really think anybody is going to buy the bolded part in your post? You work at a bank that is not Carolina First but don't consider them a competitor. That is the biggest bunch of BS i've ever heard. I recommend picking up a copy of this week's Greenville Journal and read the story on the front page for the facts regarding Carolina First and TSFG. Do you have any proof this bank won't survive and won't create any new jobs? Did you hear about Bank of America planning to lay off 7,500 employees nationwide?

The reason I said that is that I consider my competition as a banker or bank that I actually have to compete with on a daily basis. I absolutely have not had to "beat" Carolina First in any of my negotiations with a customer in a couple of years. I never see any of their bankers at local community functions. I receive employment applications and/or inquiries almost daily from unhappy Caroina First employees. Heck, there is a small community bank in the area that put the local Carolina First branch out of business after just a few months. I guess in the true sense of the word they would be considered a competitor. But I never have to compete with them to get a new client or keep an existing client. I never hear an existing client or potential client mention Carolina First. That is why I do not consider them a competitor. No, I do not have any proof this bank will not survive. I hope they do. If so, I will be the first one to come on this board and admit I was wrong. I just look at their financial condition by reading journals and business/banking newspapers. One of those is a banking journal that comes out daily. The Greenville News or Greenville Journal refuses to report how bad a shape this bank is in. If you will do your research you will find out yourself. How can they create new jobs when they are firing people? As for BOA, yes I know they are planning on the big layoff. That has more to do with the buyout of Countrywide than anything. Again I say, do your homework. At least go on the yahoo website that I mentioned earlier. You will get a small feel for what is going on at Carolina First. It is sad.

Carolina First's stock has just about reached penny stock status.

52wk Range: 3.66 - 24.79, with the 3.66 price coming today.

As have many banks.

Regions Bank, one of the top 10 in the US (in assets).....52 week high: 34.44 52 week low: 10.50 (it was 10.76 yesterday)

Colonial Bancgroup, a top 50 bank........52 week high: 25.50 52 week low: 3.38 (it was 4.86 yesterday)

That is the banking market at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived