Creative Village

sunshine

• 3 months later...

2 hours ago, ragerunner said:

Christmas has arrived at Luminary Green with a new holiday projection show and the LOOP interactive art exhibit. 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzmDUkwOCYO/?igshid=Y2NkYjk0MDhjYg==

is the LOOP interactive exhibit permanent?  Because...it does look kinda cool...might just be the type of thing DTO needs.

Does anyone v=even go there though (to Luminary Green)?  

On 11/15/2023 at 12:25 PM, jrs2 said:

is the LOOP interactive exhibit permanent?  Because...it does look kinda cool...might just be the type of thing DTO needs.

Does anyone v=even go there though (to Luminary Green)?  

It is a temporary exhibit from Montreal. It will be at Luminary Green through January 3rd. 
Yes the park is very busy in the evenings and so are the surrounding restaurants like the Monroe, Front Porch, Vera Asia, etc.

Along with the LOOP there is a new holiday projection show on the Orlando letters.

Edited by ragerunner
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, orlandocity87 said:

They need to do something about that super dark glass around the Bob Carr. What the point of encapsulating a beautiful old building if nobody can see it?

they do have UV tinted glass where it cuts out a large percentage of heat causing UV rays...but, probably very expensive.  the tinted glass looks very '70's.  but, facing south, it is always bombarded by SOL.

23 hours ago, orlandocity87 said:

They need to do something about that super dark glass around the Bob Carr. What the point of encapsulating a beautiful old building if nobody can see it?

To charge for it duh!  Where did you learn to capitalism? 🤪

Edited by codypet
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, jrs2 said:

they do have UV tinted glass where it cuts out a large percentage of heat causing UV rays...but, probably very expensive.  the tinted glass looks very '70's.  but, facing south, it is always bombarded by SOL.

I think they have UV window stuff nowadays that blocks out the UV rays but doesn't darken them.

I think I learnt that from an Andersen windows commercial on the teevee.  

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I think they have UV window stuff nowadays that blocks out the UV rays but doesn't darken them.

I think I learnt that from an Andersen windows commercial on the teevee.  

that's the one.  I reread my post and it made no sense because I did a crap lousy job of making that distinction.

On 3/7/2024 at 8:40 AM, orlandocity87 said:

It was done to create an atrium/lobby.  I agree, its hideous and that buildings use has reached its life limit, but should be preserved. 

1 hour ago, RedStar25 said:

It was done to create an atrium/lobby.  I agree, its hideous and that buildings use has reached its life limit, but should be preserved. 

There are options. The acoustics were never it’s strong suit so instead of trying to create a performing arts venue I could see it used for smaller events and with a mixed-use flexible ground floor.

Removing the atrium glass structure would make sense then as it was only added on later when space was limited. It’s never going to get Broadway-event style crowds again so it should be removed to let the building shine through.

31 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

There are options. The acoustics were never it’s strong suit so instead of trying to create a performing arts venue I could see it used for smaller events and with a mixed-use flexible ground floor.

Removing the atrium glass structure would make sense then as it was only added on later when space was limited. It’s never going to get Broadway-event style crowds again so it should be removed to let the building shine through.

It, use to have a grand pipe organ, but it was parsed out and sold. So did all of the theaters in town.