Granby Tower

utcltjay

I just thought of this. This condo tower sold out 6 months before construction starts and 2 months before the sales office even opens! Thats just astonishing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yYes it is astonishing! That shows we have plenty of room for everyone. Va Beach should have no problem filling up another tower if it is done correctly.. or Norfolk for that matter.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pilotonline has been updated with a rendering that is slightly more detailed than the ones we've seen so far. Still nothing computer generated though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed the same thing. Also I googled the firm that developed it, HUMPHREYS AND PARTNERS ARCHITECTS, L.P. and they have a regional office in Norfolk. Good to see other companies designing in the area besides CMSS.

I noticed the same thing. Also I googled the firm that developed it, HUMPHREYS AND PARTNERS ARCHITECTS, L.P. and they have a regional office in Norfolk. Good to see other companies designing in the area besides CMSS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CMSS couldn't have come up with this if they tried. Well, they could've tried, but i think they would've hurt themselves :lol: .

CMSS couldn't have come up with this if they tried. Well, they could've tried, but i think they would've hurt themselves  :lol: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL aren't they designing the Westin? Their designs are so bland. They need to take some more college classes and learn how to design and also i think the customers are part to blame.

LOL aren't they designing the Westin? Their designs are so bland. They need to take some more college classes and learn how to design and also i think the customers are part to blame.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha. The westin designers are like Beer-Grorman-Bearer or something weird like that. But as for the heights of the buildings, I'm starting to think that since Westin is starting construction earlier that Norfolk will be able to claim the state's tallest building. Its all up in the air right now tho.... :blink:

Actually, though aren't these designers well known as such? Personally a lot of the problem is the white color but like someone suggested maybe this is the TC theme.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but i think they can stand to break the mold just a bit.

Guess it is settled then. I can't image though it to be only 38 stories at that height. I understand the Westin is an upscale hotel, but even then that's pretty big at 13.3ft per floor average.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Subtract 100ft for the spire and you have 408 actual building height (12ft taller than the tip of AH's spire). Divide 408 by 37 and you get approx 11ft per floor. With concrete construction and 9 ft ceilings i think thats about accurate. Perhaps Urbanfan can help with this one.

I thought it was 38 stories too but the article says 37. .what gives?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

38 came from the email. It could well be 37 or it could even be 39 for all we know. The Trader tower would have someone say its 19 stories on tv, and in the very same day someone would say its 21 in the paper. I'm not sweatin the 1 floor, I'm just happy it's over 500ft and lays the smackdown on Rosslyn for good!

So did you drop a little line to Divaris babs and tell him to release those figures?  :lol:

It's awfully uncanny the day after we had that argument over height in feet that he all of a sudden spits it out.  :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha...that's funny! Nah...I can't take the credit! I was beginning to write to him yesterday, though. I think I'll hold off a little while now and make the inquiry a really good one! Guy, I'm glad he's been as responsive and as generous with you as he was with me. Certainly, I have to give Mr. Divaris all of the credit here, for he has remained consistent with me and with the public: 37-38 stories, first-class finishes and...drum roll please.......The Tallest in Virginia! :D While either project could tack on a floor or two, or add a few feet to their respective spires, as I have said before, I don't see Divaris/AH ceding the coveted title of "Virginia's tallest" to any local development anytime soon!

Haha...that's funny! Nah...I can't take the credit!  I was beginning to write to him yesterday, though. I think I'll hold off a little while now and make the inquiry a really good one!  Guy, I'm glad he's been as responsive and as generous with you as he was with me.  Certainly, I have to give Mr. Divaris all of the credit here, for he has remained consistent with me and with the public: 37-38 stories, first-class finishes and...drum roll please.......The Tallest in Virginia!  :D  While either project could tack on a floor or two, or add a few feet to their respective spires, as I have said before, I don't see Divaris/AH ceding the coveted title of "Virginia's tallest" to any local development anytime soon!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What i'm happy about is all the predictions that have been made on the site from everyones sources have come true. We have some really solid sources here and the forum is gradually turning into the place to go for development information in this area. And to think that a month ago we were praying that we'd break 400, then we just shot straight up to 500 and called it a day! :lol:

I really think Granby will beat out the Westin, sorry Beach guys, but I'm listening to urbanfan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While I, too, am an urbanfan fan (ah hem...), a Beach guy I am not. I'll have you know that I am a Downtowner! :D However, I desperately want both cities to hit one, two, three, ...no...THIRTEEN (!) projects out of the park! For years, I grew tired of hearing about Charlotte this and Raleigh that...Atlanta this and DC that! Enough already! It's finally OUR time to shine! These are wonderful times for ALL citizens of HR!!

What i'm happy about is all the predictions that have been made on the site from everyones sources have come true. We have some really solid sources here and the forum is gradually turning into the place to go for development information in this area. And to think that a month ago we were praying that we'd break 400, then we just shot straight up to 500 and called it a day!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, thanks in large part to you, VDOGG. :thumbsup:

Archived