Granby Tower

utcltjay

I agree. They are both great places and one does not need to favor one over the other. There is room enough for all of us and all our aspirations.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I was pleased to see that the good and bad opinions were balanced for BOTH districts. I was very happy to see that everyone seemed to have their favorites but never dismissed the other. It shows that the public likes both regardless of which they like more which obviously shows some unification between the two cities :D

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do you live DT ace?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I WISH lol :rofl: But really I do live in Norfolk in Norfolk's most overlooked and unknown neighborhood of Glenwood Park. It's a neighborhood situated in the middle of the naval base and the only Norfolk area separated by Norfolk itself. It may sound weird but I have to drive out of Norfolk to get to Norfolk lol :rolleyes:

It's a neighborhood situated in the middle of the naval base and the only Norfolk area separated by Norfolk itself. It may sound weird but I have to drive out of Norfolk to get to Norfolk lol :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That makes no sense. How would Norfolk cut it off anwway? The Naval Station is still located in Norfolk city limits. Glenwood is not part of the base, no more than all of those businesses on Hampton are on the base.

There is an area that is totally cut off, which is at the southern tip of Netwown Road. There, the people have to get on Newtown (the Va Beach side) to get back to the main part of Norfolk.

you know with all this development going on in my hometown, I realy wish I could of stayed.  But then again, Portland is working on its third skyline, so I think I picked a great city to move to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a feeling in 10 years you're gonna be regretting that decision even more :lol: .

you know with all this development going on in my hometown, I realy wish I could of stayed.  But then again, Portland is working on its third skyline, so I think I picked a great city to move to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could always come and work for CMSS :rofl:

So are you able to walk to work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no, but I am able to take the train into downtown and walk to school and work from there.

I actually live just north of Beaverton, my girlfriend and I decided to buy a condo and that is where we found one in our price range. but nothing is more than 15 minutes away wether it is on foot, on transit, or in a car. (unless you are on 26, then it could take up to an hour at certain times :blink: )

Emporis updated their site for Granby Tower, saying it is only one now at 31 stories, but it still shows the old rendering.

But just about everything else on Norfolk development is wrong...haha. Trader is 21, not 20, and it is already under construction.

Harbor Heights is NOT Harbor's Edge, and it is not 15 stories.

The Hilton is not mentioned.

The new 18-20 story apartment tower is not mentioned.

Emporis updated their site for Granby Tower, saying it is only one now at 31 stories, but it still shows the old rendering.

But just about everything else on Norfolk development is wrong...haha. Trader is 21, not 20, and it is already under construction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They updated it for the Westin too, but with the new rendering :) .

Emporis

I have just been by the Granby tower site. They have erected a massive sign with the new rendering at the corner of Boush and Bute. At the corners of Granby and Bute and Granby and Brambleton they have erected the sign platforms but the renderings aren't up yet (though they probably will be soon).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, is the Trader missing the 13th floor?

It is interesting how yesterday the article on pilotonline was about the Granby then someone must have said something and the article was changed to say that the Westin would be the tallest. This morning the name of that same article is : Tower plans hit 31 and 37 stories in Norfolk and Va. Beach.  -_-

norfolkbeachtowers.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really like the look of the Granby. It kind of looks like mini-Empire State Building.

The average Price of a house in richmond is 170K to about 300K my house has Just reached 300K all of the other ones are like 290K in my neighborhood. but if your looking for something nice you shoud look at river rd. which houses on there go from 300K to 5 million my friends house was 3 Million but Chesterfield County is about the cheapest but The City of Richmond and Henrico are the most Expensive a condo in the City is about 450K.

The average Price of a house in richmond is 170K to about 300K my house has Just reached 300K all of the other ones are like 290K in my neighborhood. but if your looking for something nice you shoud look at river rd. which houses on there go from 300K to 5 million my friends house was 3 Million but Chesterfield County is about the cheapest but The City of Richmond and Henrico are the most Expensive a condo in the City is about 450K.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When did the thread turn into house pricing? LOL

I think we all knew this but I'm just confirming...

Reply from author of Grandby article

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, this confirms that the building can not be made of steel. It will be a concrete structure. Which means that the cieling heights will only be 8'. Not exactly what you would expect in a high rise condo.

Well, this confirms that the building can not be made of steel.  It will be a concrete structure.  Which means that the cieling heights will only be 8'.  Not exactly what you would expect in a high rise condo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who nows but nothing is a done deal yet. We have to wait till the building is starting to be errected. Things are changing all the time.

Archived