Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Judging by the responses associated with the image that Baronakim posted and my positive response to it being met with a ha ha emoji, kinda shows his point. We always hear about how tired you all are about all the boring glass boxes that are taking over the Nashville Skyline, but when shown alternative styles and design “ outside the box” it’s met with snickers and negative responses. 

I know what you mean, I like bold and innovative designs like you'd see in Dubai and other places but I wasn't quite sure how to react to that one myself.  It's definitely unconventional but also kind of weird.  But to be honest I'd prefer it to a run of the mill glass box and I think people would gradually start to like it!

• Like 2

I'm not sure when exactly I-65 was completed in Nashville, but I spent my pre-teen years ('64-'74) in east Nashville.  Which definitely would have been before and during the time I-265 was built.  I remember always having to go across the Jefferson Street Bridge to go visit relatives and family friends that lived in north and northwest Nashville.  I also remember taking the Victory Memorial Bridge to visit family and friends that lived in the Wedgewood/Belmont area, so maybe I-65 wasn't fully complete or maybe my dad just always chose to go through the downtown.  We had relatives in Smyrna as well and if I recall we also cut through town to hit US41-S (Murfreesboro Road) and drove that route all the way to Washington Street, which at the time was the hub of Smyrna.

Ya'll need to stop posting all these old pictures.  It's a reminder of my age that I still haven't accepted fully... LOL!!!  You'll know what I mean when you get there... LOL!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MagicPotato said:

From barely even a handful of high-rises to about 30+. Meanwhile that intersection is basically the same. 

Your eye goes to the high rises and mine go to the gas tanks that used to be where The Muse is now sitting. Hope that they can eventually move from other locations around the city haha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Your eye goes to the high rises and mine go to the gas tanks that used to be where The Muse is now sitting. Hope that they can eventually move from other locations around the city haha.

They were actually located across the street beside the former school building.

• Thanks 1