Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

9 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Quite honestly, I've never seen a baggage claim area that was really appealing.  They typically are the most utilitarian part of an airport that travelers see.  I'd rather have more efficiency in the area and delivery than décor.   One thing that I hated about Nashville's old luggage claim area was the lack of space between carousels.  BWI and DCA (which I fly out the most) have really good spaced out carousels.  Rarely do you have people from different flights tripping over each other. 

People in the DC area airports, BWI, DCA and IAD have all been complaining about the amount of time it's taking to get their luggage.  All three airports in this area contribute it to personnel shortages and flight delays.

Totally agree.  Except for the Vegas airport's baggage claim.  My wife still can't get over the massive "Thunder from Down Under" billboard they have looking over the people.  :)

• Haha 1

I still cannot believe the bottleneck at BNA to get to terminal drop off from I40. It literally is one lane, for the most part, for all of the travelers. I realize there is another ingress that turns this one lane in to two, or three, but even at three lanes it is not enough. Then everyone is getting out of their cars and hugging each other... it's one major traffic jam.

Apologies if I missed, but I just looked at the BNA Vision. Assuming light rail isn't built in the next 10 years, if at all, is the status quo the plan for ingress/egress?

image.thumb.png.44e1d1733ed7050cd558da9f346bbe77.png

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from Facebook Sky5. 

95101F15-A608-460E-9708-7419A9897ADF.jpeg

A92E5060-FE8D-4A68-BB42-089C7EC09B70.jpeg

I drove out to the airport this morning to pick up my packet for the race in the morning.  There were at least 10 trucks of various types on 2R/20L making the final preparations for the ribbon cutting in the morning at 7:30.  My wife and I will try to get some cool pics for this thread.

• Like 2

Today early this morning from Facebook BNA. 

Good morning! The 2021 BNA® 5K on the Runway will happen rain or shine (unless there is lightning).

Click below to see how to get to #BNA5K parking in Google Maps.

Main race parking area: https://goo.gl/maps/XM9fQ9XSx4GQA4Wm9
 ADA accessible parking: 
https://goo.gl/maps/3FUBf5piSdKX9M4v9

90F9DF8F-10B2-4683-80F6-2BC03546B714.jpeg

753BF2BD-1327-40A0-A98B-76E3F7B24F5C.jpeg

8FE1D42F-600C-454D-9824-4BAF4A7F8B62.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Forrest Gump was there?!?  :tw_wink: I heard he's been spending a lot of time in the 'ville. 

He had that look like "I've run in a lot of races.  It's what I do."  You can kind of tell the newbies from the veterans.

• Haha 1