Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

I'm flying FRONTIER for the first time in a month. How bad is it? I see their customer service scores are usually near the bottom, but their fare this route is about half what others were offering. 
Ive flown them twice in the last year. Once to Vegas and the other time to Denver. Both trips were fine and I'd fly them again without hesitation. Just do your research about their fees.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I flew Frontier to Denver a few years ago. It's fine if you are accustomed to budget airlines. But know that they definitely nickel and dime you. 

At the time they made it look like you HAD to pay to pick a seat when checking in. They did T really say that you could just not pick one and click next. 

Also drink prices are designed to get you tipsy. 3 beers or liquor drinks were cheaper than 2.  And don't plan on using the tray table for anymore than a tablet. That is literally all it is designed to hold. It's comical how small it is. 

• Haha 1

I flew round trip to BNA this past weekend and was shocked at how incredibly packed the airport was. My flight from LAX to BNA was 100% full and my return flight to SEA was 85-90% full. I flew out of BNA on Monday and got to the airport at 5:00 am for a 6:16 flight, there had to be about 1000 people in the main TSA line and about half that in the south line. My flight was already boarding by the time I checked my luggage and went through TSA.

On the bright side, I bought my tickets the MORNING OF MY FLIGHT from SAN to BNA and it was only $350 round trip on Delta.

With the continuous growth at the airport, what are the odds that we see larger aircraft flying out of BNA to West Coast cities in the future? I would think that at some point in the near future BNA will strained for gates even after the new concourse opens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if it has been talked about already, but has the grounding of all the Boeing 737 Max planes impacted Nashville lots? I didn't even know there was an issue until my aviation friend told me last night. Evidently they have had multiple planes crash due and have grounded all the planes causing tons of flight cancellations. One of them was going to Vegas on Sunday but Southwest had to cancel the flight due to not having enough planes. They were reimbursed the money and ended up switching to another airline but the cost was insanely high.

1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

Sorry if it has been talked about already, but has the grounding of all the Boeing 737 Max planes impacted Nashville lots? I didn't even know there was an issue until my aviation friend told me last night. Evidently they have had multiple planes crash due and have grounded all the planes causing tons of flight cancellations. One of them was going to Vegas on Sunday but Southwest had to cancel the flight due to not having enough planes. They were reimbursed the money and ended up switching to another airline but the cost was insanely high.

A friend flying from Nashville to Buffalo, NY, had to fly to Milwaukee and take a bus to Chicago to catch another flight and is now stuck there.  Looks like the sudden grounding of 737 Max and the bad weather is wreaking havoc on air travel in the eastern U.S.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 10:01 AM, jmtunafish said:

Likewise, my flight arrived at BNA last night just before midnight.  I was stunned to see the place was still packed.  Every single baggage claim carousel was being used.  It wasn't that long ago that BNA was a ghost town at midnight.  In addition, even at midnight there were still workers out there demolishing the old parking garage.

Yea. I had a 5 something am flight just 4 years ago and there were maybe 100 people on C. But on Friday there were people everywhere. It was absolutely packed. 

• Like 3

On 3/18/2019 at 8:52 AM, Hey_Hey said:

The giant hole has come a long way over the last several months. They could’ve used all that dirt from the I-24 landslide.

Flew in yesterday and it was about 20% paved over already. Lots of paving equipment onsite. 

• Like 3

Random thoughts:

1. They should go back to Berry Field, it has a nice old-timey feel to it
  2. I thought the old piano keys logo, while super 90s, was more personalized to Nashville (but be honest, who else knew that's what it was?)
  3. Rebranding the entire airport authority as BNA kind of puts out Tune Airport, doesn't it?
  • Like 1