NWA Weather

These cool nights and warm days should really help the trees begin to change over the next few weeks. I would expect it to be decent this year. We have had plenty of rain over the past summer. I'll be looking for some nice pictures Rod! I also wonder if the trees change or even lose leaves in central Texas?

I would think that you're still far enough north that the trees will change colors. Now it probably won't be as colorful as the Ozarks. But I'd still think you'd get a little color down there. I've been wondering if the ice storm might have some lingering effect on the leaf color. I've already heard the trees won't be dropping many nuts or acorns because of the ice storm from last winter.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nippy morning out today. I could be wrong but I think this could be the first morning that some parts of NWA have had in the 30's. Looks like Fayetteville officially dropped to 38 and I believe I've also seen some locations in Benton County with some upper 30's as well.

First night into the 30s for the main reporting areas although Drake Field had hit 40 degrees already 2 or 3 times this fall. Next weekend could bring the coldest lows of the season thus far. Could see some frost in about a week. Still too early to tell.

Thanks for the pic. I haven't seen any trees quite that colorful yet. And yeah sounds like a strong cold front coming through on Friday. I think I also have heard that our high on Friday will be in the morning and by the afternoon we could be in the 40's.

Should be a fairly quiet day today. Lows this morning were in the upper 30s again. So no frost quite yet. If you have anything to get done outdoors, this would be the day to do it. Rain and Thunderstorms will be coming in tomorrow. Flood Watch already posted for entire area. They are expecting 3-5 inches but some areas could have over 7 inches.

What a difference a day makes. After warming up a bit yesterday and being rather humid the cold front really cooled things down. At times the wind chill today was near the 30's. Tonight's low will bring about some 30's as well. Quite a bit of rain in the area as well. I believe I heard something about Fayetteville getting 5-6". I think there was also some higher amounts in the area.

it didn't make it quite to the 30's- guess the cloud cover prevented that - but it is still 43 and still cloudy. Going to make for a very chilly football game if those clouds don't move out soon.

Looking at the satellite image the clouds are moving out of the Tulsa area but looking at the sky they aren't moving very fast. Maybe we'll have some sun by the end of the game.

Mid 30s last night in Fayetteville before clouds and a little rain moved through and warmed it back up to around 40. Freeze warning in effect from 10 pm tonight until Sunday morning. Temps should drop down into the lower 30s and stay around freezing or just below for a few hours.

Coldest night of the season so far. Fayetteville made it down to 29 degrees this morning. Temps have also remained at or below freezing for about the past 8 or 9 hours. Freezing fog has also been reported for the past few hours.

I guess that's cold enough long enough to kill any plants left out? Seems like it came early this year- wonder if that is a sign of a cold wnter ahead?

I guess that's cold enough long enough to kill any plants left out? Seems like it came early this year- wonder if that is a sign of a cold winter ahead?

I keep hearing people predicting a cold winter this year. Although it's more your Farmer's Almanac type of predictions. I haven't seen anything official from a meteorologist. Looks like it was pretty cool while I was gone. It turned out to be a lot warmer out west where I was than had been predicted. Usually it's the opposite. Seems like you guys had a lot of rain while I was gone too. I've seen some flood damage on the Fayetteville Trail system and I think I heard some news about a park or two being closed because of flooding while I was away.

After a pretty cold Friday and a cold start to Saturday morning it's warmed up pretty quickly. Looks like all the trees are hitting peak, at least around Fayetteville. Nice and sunny yesterday too. Would have been a great day to go out and take pictures yesterday. But I got a surprise visit from some relatives. Looks like a cloudy dreary day for today. Pretty soon we'll probably be past peak on the Fall foliage.

Just when I thought the rain was all over. Things had dried out a bit earlier and looked like the sun was even trying to peak out from all the clouds around noon. I looked on the weather channel's radar on their website and didn't see anything nearby. But the rain came back. It's not a heavy rain or anything. Ironically it's still not showing up on the weather channel's website radar. It's not showing any rain at all in the area. But I eventually checked out some other radars and they're showing it. Oh well things will dry out eventually. Although I think the chances or rain pick back up later on in the week again.

Last couple of days have cleared out. From what I can see we're certainly past peak on the fall foliage. But there's still a few colorful trees out there. But a lot of the trees with leaves left just don't seem very colorful. From what I've seen of the forecasts, no rain in the upcoming week. Granted that could change but still looks like we could have an overall dry week for a change. Although it's certainly been wet here in NWA sounds like it's been a lot worse in the rest of the state.

Hey Colby how are things down there in Temple? Any sign of the leaves changing yet?

Oh man the last ten days or so have been perfect weather- great for anything outside. I could get used to this.

I guess I'm a bit torn. I admit I tend to like cooler weather compared to most people. And as we get closer to the holidays I also prefer some colder weather to help get me in the mood. But I'll take this weather for now. Makes getting out on the trail system with my bicycle much easier. No rain to keep me indoors and I also don't have to wait till the afternoon for it to be warm enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like snow is already starting to mix in with the drizzle the upper elevations of the Ozarks. And yes some chances of snow for NWA. Overall it sounds like the closer to the Missouri border the better the chance. But once again still hearing no mention of any accumulation. Also sounds like the temps for Tuesday may not get out of the 30's for tomorrow. This low pressure system has gotten sorta stuck in our area.

Looks like snow is already starting to mix in with the drizzle the upper elevations of the Ozarks. And yes some chances of snow for NWA. Overall it sounds like the closer to the Missouri border the better the chance. But once again still hearing no mention of any accumulation. Also sounds like the temps for Tuesday may not get out of the 30's for tomorrow. This low pressure system has gotten sorta stuck in our area.

There will be no accumulations. Temps will remain above freezing and ground temps are still in the 40s or 50s. If this system moved a couple of hundred miles further south then NWA could have seen some heavy snow! Maybe next time.

There will be no accumulations. Temps will remain above freezing and ground temps are still in the 40s or 50s. If this system moved a couple of hundred miles further south then NWA could have seen some heavy snow! Maybe next time.

Yeah if there was any snow I think it was just some mixed in with the drizzle. How's weather down in Temple Colby?

Yeah if there was any snow I think it was just some mixed in with the drizzle. How's weather down in Temple Colby?

After spending part of the weekend near 80 degrees we finally cooled off into the 50s-60s for highs. With lows into the mid 30s. We did finally have a couple of mornings with frost today and yesterday. But it has been sunny for all but a few days the past couple of weeks. In a word...BORING!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a pretty good chance of snow tomorrow. Doesn't seem to be much question of if we'll get snow. More of just how much accumulation there will be. After hearing some forecasts with some high amounts, 6-7". That seems to be really dropping. Earlier I was hearing 1-2" but the newest forecasts seem to be dropping that back to more like a dusting to an inch. Should start out as rain and then in the afternoon switching over to a mix before totally changing over to snow late in the day.

Archived