NWA Weather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw my first of the season 90 degree bank thermometer reading today- looks like summer is upon us. Guess the air con repairmen will be really busy the next few weeks.

Yeah certainly the hottest day of the year so far. Unfortunately looks like there's plenty of chances to break it again in the next week or so. Maybe even some mid 90's coming up. I had really hoped maybe we could avoid these type of temps till maybe late July early August.

Yeah, nothing like coming up to Fayetteville for one more week of work and having highs of near 90 in June. It is better than what we have had in Texas since I got down there. 98-100 everyday with a heat index in the 103-109 range! Not my type of weather. :angry:

Yeah, nothing like coming up to Fayetteville for one more week of work and having highs of near 90 in June. It is better than what we have had in Texas since I got down there. 98-100 everyday with a heat index in the 103-109 range! Not my type of weather. :angry:

Looks like you're not taking the hot weather with you. It's going to be another hot week. Could even have some mid 90's. Weird to see parts of the country being so much cooler and some areas even predicting they won't have much of a summer this year.

The heat wave continues. Looks like we got to the mid 90's with heat indexes in the low 100's. Doesn't look like it's going anywhere either. I've been seeing predictions of upper 90's later this week. Maybe even some locations in NWA, not just the River Valley hitting 100. I think this heat has even confused everybody. I heard cicadas while I was out on the Mudd Creek Trail. I don't typically hear them till late July and August.

My sister in Colorado complained to me it was 85 today. WIND CHILL took it down to 82. Something like 10% humidity. I hate her.

Yeah I've got family in Albuquerque, so I know what you mean. Even when it gets hot there it's still a nice dry more comfortable heat.

Front came through today. Looks like temps are higher than predicted though. The one good thing is that you can tell it's not as humid out. Upper 80's today instead of mid 80's. But I think we'll really notice it for the low temps overnight. Instead of 70's we're supposed to see some low 60's in the morning. That will certainly be a nice change. But it seems like temps for later in the week are inching up though from previous forecasts.

The front should be in central Texas tomorrow. Our highs will drop down into the mid 90s with a slight chance of storms. I miss Fayetteville weather!!!

Yeah I was thinking about you when the front came through up here. I was wondering if the front had enough strength to make it that far down there. I forgot what lower 60's felt like. Too bad this isn't going to last very long.

It's still hot but very nice- guess it's the lower humidity that's is making it feel so much beter. Last night was almost cool after what we've been having.

Can't imagine being down in Texas- of course the natives down there love it or so I've been told. :unsure:

Here's a storm front that moved through just before fireworks time on the 4th. Looked bad but after about a 10 minute downpour it quit and the fireworks went off as planned. It was actually welcome- cleared all the insects out of the air for a while and cooled things off.

Beautiful this evening- 76 degrees with a breeze from the north and 83 degrees predicted as a high tomorrow- can't beat it for the first week of July!

DSCN1810.jpg

Wow, thanks for the pic. Yeah can't complain about 70's in July. I wish it was a bit less humid. Unlike the last front that went through this one didn't seem to take the humidity down much. But then again what do you expect for July? Looks like it will be in the 80's before it starts getting back into the low 90's by the middle of the week.

They also finally issued a heat advisory for NWA too. Pretty much all of the NWS Tulsa warn district was in a Heat Warning but us. At least it is just an advisory and not a warning yet. So expect the heat index to climb to near 105 over the next few days and 110 degrees in the River Valley and eastern Oklahoma.

Parts of Oklahoma have had near all time record temps over the past two days. I saw that Alva hit 117 degrees 2 days ago. They are in northern Oklahoma just south of the Kansas border or just northeast of Woodward. Many other places in western and northwestern Oklahoma have been in the 105-115 range as well. At least we are not dealing with that.

Fayetteville's all time high is around 111 if I remember correctly and I believe the all time low is -24 degrees!

They also finally issued a heat advisory for NWA too. Pretty much all of the NWS Tulsa warn district was in a Heat Warning but us. At least it is just an advisory and not a warning yet. So expect the heat index to climb to near 105 over the next few days and 110 degrees in the River Valley and eastern Oklahoma.

Parts of Oklahoma have had near all time record temps over the past two days. I saw that Alva hit 117 degrees 2 days ago. They are in northern Oklahoma just south of the Kansas border or just northeast of Woodward. Many other places in western and northwestern Oklahoma have been in the 105-115 range as well. At least we are not dealing with that.

Fayetteville's all time high is around 111 if I remember correctly and I believe the all time low is -24 degrees!

Yeah the overnight temps have been quite a bit warmer recently. I know if you don't generally drop below 75 as a low you start getting the Heat Advisories and Warnings. I guess our high temp or heat index hasn't been quite high enough to get us a Heat Warning at least. I don't see any immediate relief coming anytime soon either. We might drop the Heat Advisory at some point but I don't think it's going to get much cooler at least the beginning part of the week.

More rain this morning but it's to the east of the NWA cities. With the way the front is it looks like most of the rain will most likely not effect much of Washington or Benton Counties. But we can still have some afternoon thunderstorms pop up all around later in the day. Looks like two more days of temps in the mid upper 90's before a little relief heads our way. Then we will have some temps down in the mid to upper 80's for a change. That will be a nice change. I just hope the forecasts don't change before then. Last time I looked, it looked like the 80's could stick around till the middle of next week.

It was pretty hot yesterday. I didn't see the official temp, but I'm pretty sure it was in the upper 90's. I'm also guessing it was probably the hottest day of the year so far. Now it's time for some cooler temps. Some chances of rain, possibly some thunderstorms. Should be around 90 before it cools down some more after the front goes through. I'm waiting to see just how cool it gets. For a while I was seeing a pretty big drop in forecasts. One forecast even had one day this weekend in the upper 70's with record lows in the low 50's. But most forecasts aren't that drastic. But I have seen another one having us get pretty close with record lows this weekend. But a number of forecasts don't have such a drastic drop. Either way it will be cooler this weekend. Unfortunately it's too early in the summer for this to be the end of hot temps. There's still August let alone the end of July. But we'll take the cooler temps while we can get it.

I haven't seen if we've hit the official low yet and it doesn't seem we got as cool as some forecasts. But if I remember correctly we've hit a new low for July 18th. 53 so far this morning and I thought the old record was 57. Tomorrow's record low is 55 though. Not sure if we'll manage to get quite this cool again for another morning. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's too bad Colby had to move down to Texas. I'm sure he'd really be enjoying this.

I haven't seen if we've hit the official low yet and it doesn't seem we got as cool as some forecasts. But if I remember correctly we've hit a new low for July 18th. 53 so far this morning and I thought the old record was 57. Tomorrow's record low is 55 though. Not sure if we'll manage to get quite this cool again for another morning. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's too bad Colby had to move down to Texas. I'm sure he'd really be enjoying this.

I would be really enjoying the cool weather for sure! We made it down to a frigid 72 degrees this morning down here. That is actually the 2nd or 3rd coolest morning we've had since I moved here and month and a half ago. Still have not seen a 60 something reading on the weather station. Enjoy this weeks temps, it should be great mid summer weather for NWA.

Doesn't look like a record low for this morning. The coldest I've seen it get is 59 and now it seems to be warming up a bit. The record was 57. I've noticed some clouds out, might have helped keep temps up just enough to prevent another record low. But either way, still some pretty nice temps to enjoy.

Looks like we missed another record low by a couple of degrees this morning. Been pretty weird having lows in the 50's in July. Seems like our summer weather pattern has been backwards. June and early July seemed more like late July and August. And now it seems more like June. Certainly won't hear any arguments from me. But there's still quite a bit of time left before summer is over. I can't help but think we're going to have another hot spell sometime in August.

This is a bit off topic because it doesn't pertain to NWA. But it was interesting and something you hardly ever see in Arkansas so I thought I'd mention it. They had a waterspout on Lake Conway. Someone actually caught it on their videophone. They called it in thinking it was a tornado and they apparently sounded the tornado sirens. I have no idea how often waterspouts happen in Arkansas, but I'd think not very frequently at all. Or maybe they aren't too common but just rarely witnessed or caught on video.

Generally, waterspouts are tornadoes but they are not called tornadoes unless they move onto land. They are usually weeker than tornadoes but can still cause damage.

Yeah, the weather up there has been very nice. Lower to middle 50s for late July is really nice. I would expect a milder winter this year with El Nino but who really knows.

Archived