NWA Weather

Nice cool morning after yesterday's rain. Not quite down to the 50's but it's close. Better enjoy the cooler temps now because it looks like summer could be coming back soon. It's been pretty hot out west, especially the pacific northwest. As usual that air eventually makes it's way over here. I'm seeing forecasts for next week having us back not just to the 90's but looks like mid 90's.

(Actually temps have dropped down into the 50's now as I spear/type.)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather Underground says we hit 93 degrees today - I think that might be the hottest yet this year. Seemed hotter. XNA hit 96.

I just had to pick this week to start an outdoor project :ermm:

Yeah it was pretty warm but it wasn't the hottest day. But I think it may have been a bit more humid than that heatwave we had earlier. Looks to be a pretty hot week. I knew unfortunately that summer wasn't over.

We hit 97 degrees a couple of times in the middle of July. Those have been the hottest days so far for Fayetteville (Drake Field). Should get close to those reading this week but hopefully not any warmer for everyone up there. Only going to be 103 down here in Texas today.

We hit 97 degrees a couple of times in the middle of July. Those have been the hottest days so far for Fayetteville (Drake Field). Should get close to those reading this week but hopefully not any warmer for everyone up there. Only going to be 103 down here in Texas today.

Colby, stop sharing your Texas weather with us. :P

Well the clouds and eventual rain helped keep temps down a bit yesterday. Sorta a weird thing with that rain. It sat over Madison County for quite a while then eventually starting back filling westward to Washington County. It looked at first like it was just going to clip southeast Fayetteville then suddenly exploded and dumped a good amount of rain over all of Fayetteville. I even had some pea sized hail in my area of Fayetteville. Sounds like some sections of Fayetteville got some bad hail and hail damage. There was even some baseball size hail in west Fayetteville. Apparently a house in Fayetteville also caught on fire from a lightning strike. There was some flooding in my area of Fayetteville with the heavy downpour. Looks like some areas of Fayetteville got at least 3". I think I heard some areas of Madison County got up to 5".

Yeah, it looks like I missed a pretty big storm. Fayetteville reported just under 3.5 inches of rain at Drake Field and I'm sure some areas had more than that. Some friends sent me pictures (via Facebook) of at least 2 inch hail off of Salem Rd. There was also a big house fire that badly damaged a house in Salem Village. It was probably caused by lightning. If anyone has any pictures of the hail or damage please post them.

Well the rain on Wednesday and the clouds on Thursday have helped keep the temps down this week. Could still be hot this weekend but at least this week hasn't been as bad as it looked like it might. From what I'm seeing so far predictions for next week seem to have temps at about average, around 90. Not great, but better than mid 90's at least.

Another downpour of rain Monday afternoon. Although this time just a lot of heavy rain, no hail damage this time compared to last week. Today turned out to be a pretty nice day. Highs in the mid 80's and the humidity wasn't too bad. I was surprised there was a noticeable wind out of the north. Certainly can't complain about a day like today especially when it's August.

The clouds helped keep temps down today. There was also a pretty good breeze out of the northwest. Although I don't think a front went through. Sorta funny for Fayetteville though, we missed out on all the rain. There was a good line of rain coming through that fell apart when it got close to Fayetteville. Then the funny thing is that another line picked up just to the south and east of Fayetteville. Sounds like Madison County picked up a good amount of rain. Also sounds like the rain caused some traffic problems around the Bobby Hopper Tunnel on I-540. But looks like more chances of rain tomorrow and part of the work week. Looks like there's a possibility of a pretty good cold front coming through for the weekend, possilbly dropping high temps down to around 80. But of course that's a bit down the road and we all know things can easily change before then.

Looks like Fayetteville missed out on the rain again. Saw some scattered rain up in Benton County then there was a big complex of storms over in southern Washington County over to Madison County. Seems like Madison County has been getting quite a bit of rain recently. Anyway the clouds helped keep temsp down today. Looks like a good chance of rain tomorrow before a cold front comes through. Looks like temsp over the weekend won't be quite as cool as earlier predicted. But still low 80's in August isn't too bad.

Don't think anyone missed the rain this time. Looks like NWA picked up around 1-4". Looks like northern Benton County and southern Washington County got the higher amounts. Sounds like there was some lightning damage, in particular up in Benton County. I believe I've heard two reports of lightning going through trees, exploding them and then traveling through the re bar in concrete and exploding sidewalks as well. Don't know how often something like this happens but seems even odder to have two reports of this in the area. Now it looks like forecasts are dropping temps this weekend again. I've even seen one forecast predicting some valley areas could hit the upper 40's for lows this weekend.

Certainly a nice weekend. The coldest temp I saw was Fayetteville on Sunday morning at 51. That high pressure has moved on and now the southerly winds are back. Temps will be getting warmer this week. There's certainly a build up of warmth just west of us over the high plains. Looks like that could be here by midweek. The one good thing is I don't think humidity is going to be too bad. But it certainly won't feel as nice as it was over the weekend. I think we have some increased chances of rain near the end of the week.

The highs this weekend have certainly been cooler. Although surprisingly the lows haven't been that cool. Looks like we've had clouds both mornings. Guess the clouds helped keep low temps from dropping down very far. Even had some light showers this morning while I was out on the Fayetteville Trail System. Looks like tomorrow morning might finally drop down quite a bit. I've been seeing forecasts of low 50's to maybe even some upper 40's. Through the week lows will moderate back up, but looks like mainly highs in the upper 70's to low 80's. Certainly feels like August is over now.

Upper 50s with rain and lightning this morning, I am really enjoying this week. Fayetteville fell into the upper 40s for lows Tuesday morning. It looks like it will be mostly in the upper 70s or lower 80s for highs this week. We are in a Northwest flow so there will also be decent chances for rain and storms. Enjoy this late summer weather...it may not last!

Upper 50s with rain and lightning this morning, I am really enjoying this week. Fayetteville fell into the upper 40s for lows Tuesday morning. It looks like it will be mostly in the upper 70s or lower 80s for highs this week. We are in a Northwest flow so there will also be decent chances for rain and storms. Enjoy this late summer weather...it may not last!

Yeah, although Fall is getting closer it can still be somewhat warm in the Fall as well. I think our temps have been around 15 degrees below normal. It's certainly got me ready for this Fall. Rain is over with today but even though the sun is starting to come out and still pretty cool, temps still down in the 60's at the moment. And some pretty good chances of rain for the rest of the week. But the weather seems to be harder to predict when we have that Northwest Flow. But it should certainly help keep temps down from what they could be.

• 2 weeks later...

You've got to wonder when we'll see the sun again. It's been cloudy for quite a while now. It's been somewhat wet although a lot of the rain the past week seems to have been more down past the Boston Mtns. But this low pressure system has really just been sitting around in our region for a while now. It has now moved a bit from Texas to southern Arkansas. For a while it looked like things might clear up this weekend but now I'm seeing forecasts keeping the clouds and rain potential till mid next week. This low pressure system will finally get pushed out only to have it's place taken by yet another low pressure system. But I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

I'm still having a hard time getting used to the wind and rain always coming from the east with this system. The low pressure system seems to be moving away a bit so the chances of rain seem to be dropping a bit. Although it still ended up raining late yesterday. All this recent weather has helped us break the record for minimum high temps. In fact the other day we didn't even get out of the 60's. Think we've had two records so far this week and a couple in the previous week.

Well the weather pattern has finally broken. I noticed early yesterday that the wind had finally shifted from the east to the west. It started out cloudy and dreary like the recent usual. But the clouds eventually broke later in the day and we got some sun break out through the clouds.

I keep hearing different things out this week's forecasts. Some have us getting some cool weather from a front later this week. But I've also seen some forecasts that don't have us dropping down much. Fall does officially start later this week.

Could be some storms or at least some heavy rain around later today into tonight and tomorrow. Then depending on cloud cover the rest of the week we should see highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. Fall starts Tuesday afternoon!

Yeah, I was out mid afternoon riding my bicycle. There was some clouds out but the sun was shining. The clouds weren't dark but I kept having light rain spitting at me. One of those weird situations were the clouds moved real quickly. They wouldn't be overhead anymore but then you'd have a little rain occur. Guess the rain was falling from pretty high up. Anyway now there's a small thunderstorm that's going right over Fayetteville. Won't last too long but soon that line of storms will be moving in from the northwest. Doesn't look like it's too far away from the border now. Anyway looks like more rain tonight.

Cold front has come through last night. It will drop our highs back down again after the warm up we had over the weekend. In fact looks like we could drop down into the 30's Tuesday morning. If so then it will be the coldest morning we've seen for quite a while.

Been forgetting to mention this. I've noticed the last two weeks or so small trees and shrubs have been changing colors already. Haven't heard any predictions on what the Fall foliage will be like this year.

These cool nights and warm days should really help the trees begin to change over the next few weeks. I would expect it to be decent this year. We have had plenty of rain over the past summer. I'll be looking for some nice pictures Rod! I also wonder if the trees change or even lose leaves in central Texas?

Archived